It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it that when people say "everything is made of energy", they don't tell you that energy is

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I am the darkness and i shine the light so i can see existence.
Existence is lit but i sit, as the dark knowing the light.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

u r such evil, this is the end of willing them both, u gonna get all of darkness since it is then the exclusive existence

added to u, that will of profiting from energy which is not urs, that will which became real u obviously

so enjoy ur same reality increasing subjectively while through living darkness ruling it

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
E=MC2 means Energy = Mass * speed of light squared.

Energy (power) of darkness? I think it lies within the light. No?

But imo again neither are good or bad removed from the concept of balance. And neither hold any particular power over the other. Both are useless concepts on their own. lol

love, light and balance (One, recognising, harmony)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

What are your opinions of duality?

I always seek to understand the poles of a dual pair, and bring the two into a place of one.

Light and Dark energy you speak of seems another duality. Two faces of the same coin.

What is beyond Dark and Light?

Peace.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
I am the darkness and i shine the light so i can see existence.
Existence is lit but i sit, as the dark knowing the light.

If you are the darkness you can not be the source of light as darkness is absorption, you must be the light to do that. So either you are the light sitting in darkness, or you are the darkness sitting in the light.

If you are the light sitting in darkness then you will radiate into the dark however what you see external to you will be darkness, relative to you the light. When you look within then you will see light. As the light you will yearn to share your energy as to not overload.

If you be the darkness sitting in the light then what you see in relation to you is light and when you look within it will be darkness. As darkness you yearn for the energy of the light to fill your void.

Such is the balance imo.

Star for your name. It is always now

edit on 12/5/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Lies. Without light, there would just be dark matter, dark energy, void, and absolute freedom, which is MOSTLY what the universe is already.

Lies is the absence of truth....

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by arpgme

Lies. Without light, there would just be dark matter, dark energy, void, and absolute freedom, which is MOSTLY what the universe is already.

and void is the absence of everything

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

I am the darkness and the light, we are one.
I alone is darkness, void.

When I am asleep and there are no things present, no light, no me, nothing. I am but i don't 'know I am'.
I is darkness, void of light.
I open my eyes and there is light, i shine it so the world can take shape.
I is darkness. I 'am' is light.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1

reply to post by arpgme

and void is the absence of everything

In the Urantia book it is stated that to Mortal Man, God is nothingness. And nothingness is everythingness.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

Emptiness is form.
youtu.be...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I keep telling people that the LIGHT is IN the DARKNESS, but most aren't getting it.

Because it's wrong? Light is that band of the electromagnetic spectrum which is perceptible by the human eye. There is no darkness in it.

White is the color of unity, love, and surrendering (think of 'the white flag' and being forced to join something)...
Black is the color of individuality, power (focus), and freedom (of expression AND emotion - love AND hate)...

When speaking of light, white is not a color. Neither is black. White light is a combination of wavelengths which are perceptible to the human eye. Black is the absence of wavelengths which are perceptible to the human eye.

edit on 5/12/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by IAmD1

I am the darkness and the light, we are one.
I alone is darkness, void.

When I am asleep and there are no things present, no light, no me, nothing. I am but i don't 'know I am'.
I is darkness, void of light.
I open my eyes and there is light, i shine it so the world can take shape.
I is darkness. I 'am' is light.

Since 'you' are darkness and 'I am' light, we go together like yin and yang

When I Am with eyes open I recognise the light around and am ignorant to the darkness within, when I Am with eyes closed I recognise the light within and am ignorant to the darkness around. When there is no I the am is at rest. And the concept of darkness and light is redundant as there is no duality when we view as one. Both light and dark exists at once however neither are recognized as such when the I is removed. Only when we look from a point at another do we recognize one in relation to the other.

just an opinion as supposed to another
much love

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

In fact, 72% of all energy is DARK
You're confusing fact with theory here.

Everything is energy and energy is life/consciousness, this is true
Not truth just another theory, one that I happen to like. Another way to look at it is everything in the Universe is made up of information. One can discern this information simply by observing.

I keep telling people that the LIGHT is IN the DARKNESS
You could say that but it might be better to say that darkness is the absent of light like EvanB put it in his reply. Cold is the absence of heat just as darkness is the absence of light. They are two different sides of the same coin, meaning we cannot remove one without removing both. Good and evil can be compared similarly in this manner but I don't think Love and hate can. The absence of Love is not hate, it is indifference or no love. Hate is a stand alone emotion, the opposite to hate is to not hate.

Love without hate is unnatural.
This is where I disagree completely and the reason I decided to post a reply. Hate is unnatural all by itself and is not connected to Love as a counterpart. Hate is one emotion that I consider useless or rather non crucial. What purpose does hate serve? Perhaps simply to remove remorse so as to make one a better killer. The philosophy of hate is one that isn't conducive to your point in this thread. I would strongly recommend some deeper consideration on this point. For example, what is the purpose of these two emotions?

Darkness is the ABSENCE of light.

Death the absence of life

Indifference the absence of love

Without light, love and life, the universe does not exist

Philosophy is not a matter of truth and lies, another misconception. Philosophy is about theory and imagination. You might disagree with this poster but that does not make him a liar nor his words lies. Again you bring up the theory of dark matter. You would be better off not confusing the difference between theory and fact. Without light, love and life there would be no observer and nothing to observe so in a sense, philosophically speaking, the Universe would not exist.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I like this thread. However, I'm pretty sure your wrong. Because you see.. I've lived in the darkness, to be completely honest I still am in the darkness. I did it on purpose, I never thought the darkness was good but I had my reasons to I found my answer and I'm on my way back.

I stumbled upon something called the "Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean" You should read it, Thoth breaks things down quite fine and explains that Light is freedom and darkness is bondage. Makes sense if your into transversing to the next dimension.

Here is one piece referring to the darkness as bondage.

Keep thou not silent when evil is spoken for Truth like the sunlight shines above all. He who over-steppeth the Law shall be punished, for only through Law comes the freedom of men. Cause thou not fear for fear is a bondage, a fetter that binds the darkness to men.

This is one referring to the Light as something you should wan't in your life while doing away with darkness.

List ye, O man, hear ye my voice, teaching of Wisdom and Light in this cycle; teaching ye how to banish the darkness, teaching ye how to bring Light in thy life.

If you're interested it is this book here:

The Key to Freedom of Space

The Tablets are very insightful. Some of it may come across as parables, but with time you'll understand.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Know, O man, that Light is thine heritage. Know that darkness is only a veil. Sealed in thine heart is brightness eternal, waiting the moment of freedom to conquer, waiting to rend the veil of the night.

Far in the past, they had conquered the ether, freed themselves from the bondage of toil; formed in their mind only a picture and swiftly created, it grew. Forth then, my soul sped, throughout the Cosmos, seeing ever, new things and old; learning that man is truly space-born, a Sun of the Sun, a child of the stars. Know ye, O man, whatever from ye inhabit, surely it is one with the stars. Thy bodies are nothing but planets revolving around their central suns. When ye have gained the light of all wisdom, free shall ye be to shine in the ether -- one of the Suns that light outer darkness -- one of the space-born grown into Light. Just as the stars in time lose their brilliance, light passing from them in to the great source, so, O man, the soul passes onward, leaving behind the darkness of night.

If you do not believe look towards great minds like Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Now, awe.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
When we look to the Sun, our shadows will always be behind us.

When we accept the Son, we are saved from a past of darkness.

When we accept Allah, we are removed from jahiliyah. (Jahiliyah is ignorance. Ignorance is synonymous with darkness.)

When we realize enlightenment, all truth is revealed, all becomes illumined.

There's some sort of reoccurring theme here...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

That's an interesting way to look at it. Is that why Lucifer is called the light-bringer?
Information = light.
I don't agree with connecting light/darkness to emotions, gets to complicated. Yet you do bring up a good point. The word Lucifer means to bring light, or light bringer, which refers to knowledge as in, to illuminate. Lucifer is the planet Venus and has been connected throughout history with a period of enlightenment or the acquisition of knowledge. Many cultures around the world give credit to the planet Venus for bringing much knowledge to the human race. This, in my opinion, makes for a very interesting comparison.

Or Adam and Eve eating from the tree of knowledge (information) of good and evil
causing the fall of man?
I consider the gaining of the knowledge of good and evil, especially in this case, to be a fall from innocence not really a fall of man. I don't believe that we were punished for learning of good and evil yet we did take on the responsibility that this knowledge creates therefore no more innocence. Man's ultimate sin, as some religions put it, is the acquisition of knowledge. Therefore the bringer of any source of knowledge might also be considered sinful or evil.

reply to post by IAmD1

Then why do all life (earth based as we know it) die in the absence of light? Reminding you that our source of life is the sun.
The Sun is not the only source of life, as we know it, on this planet. Consider Extremophiles and Chemosynthesis

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
reply to post by orbitbaby

reply to post by IAmD1

Then why do all life (earth based as we know it) die in the absence of light? Reminding you that our source of life is the sun.
The Sun is not the only source of life, as we know it, on this planet. Consider Extremophiles and Chemosynthesis

Agreed@chemosynthesis however humans have yet to acquire the ability to sustain our own life based on that mechanism. I should have been more clear in what I ment with 'as we know it'. I was referring to the human experience as supposed to all possibilities of life that there is, I should have also said that one of our sources of life is the sun as supposed to 'our source' as if it were the only one. There are many sources of life like the air we breathe, the water we drink, the food we eat, the light we receive, the sleep we get etc. So thank you for pointing that out. I stand corrected in the light of chemosynthesis

much love.

Would like to add that all elements as we know them are formed in stars even those that are part of chemosynthesis and as such the source of life can still be seen as the light (our or another star) indirectly... again it is all depending on how we see it

edit on 12/5/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Can you please post using actual words? This is not a text message.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
E
Love without hate is unnatural. Imagine if your body were infected with a virus and your immune system decided to "love" it instead of fighting (hate) it? You would die.

you would be surprised what is possible without hate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join