It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Admins Endorsing Obama Again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I just noticed a paid ad on the main page of ATS about Obama claiming "he saved a million jobs"...

I remember before Obama was elected how not only many members, but at least some of the admins of ATS were endorsing Obama with his promises of "CHANGE"...

Now we see again more endorsement to him by the website even when the ad is a known lie?...
edit on 12-5-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

This thread will be 404'd now

OP - I think ATS runs through a particular ad service which is also run for/by/with Google. As we all know, Google's new policy targets every user with tailored ads. For example, i had ATS ads targeted at things i searched up (defence, sport etc). Perhaps this is what you are seeing? For example, if you have been looking up Obama # lately, then chances are, you'll get an Obama ad.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Get real! A paid adv is a paid adv.
It puts money in the bank.
To refuse an adv is stating a political position. To accept it is business.

ATS is in this business for the business don't you think, and not for some political motive?

Oh, wait! This is ATS, any wild ideas are possible. Look! Here comes that brown dwarf planet again!

link   
You know what they say, no press is bad press. You know what they mean is any press can be suppressed. If ATS come out pro-Obama would it make all the people who seem to talk about Ron Paul get angry that their site feels hostile to their faovurite candidate? Would they all kind of leave in a mass exodus? I wonder where they would go when they found out their candidate doesn't really have a chance and the best way to talk about what if their votes actually mattered is to choose the next candidate the MSM is pushing.

You're smarter than a single advertisement can can outwit you, so a few personal choices by the admins shouldn't be a problem.

link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
I just noticed a paid ad on the main page of ATS about Obama claiming "he saved a million jobs"...

I remember before Obama was elected how not only many members, but at least some of the admins of ATS were endorsing Obama with his promises of "CHANGE"...

Now we see again more endorsement to him by the website even when the ad is a known lie?...
edit on 12-5-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

ATS also used to run MSMBC ads. They also created a forum called "forum madness" when anti-Obama threads started popping up. They also created a special forum just to blame Bush for 9/11. If you cant see this forum is in the tank for Democrats and in particular Obama, then you're not paying attention.

Deny ignorance.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Another poster in another thread posted that advice cause ATS was loading so slow,

Oh I hope I don't get banned
lol

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Better re-read the T&C's mate.

When you signed up you agreed to not use any ad blockers...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
reply to post by daaskapital

Another poster in another thread posted that advice cause ATS was loading so slow,

Oh I hope I don't get banned
lol

Well did you actually read the T&C when you signed up?

You know.. the bit that states the use of adblockers is not allowed?

Hrmm, don't think so..

edit on 12-5-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

You know.. the bit that states the use of adblockers is not allowed?

is that really in the t&c?
how can they know what addons you're using?
they seriously dont expect us to read that wall of text do they? lol

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well I did finally get a job within his term. I'll give him that. But, I think I got it only because I was extremely persistent and kept hounding them everyday. I am now full time baby!!!!!!
In 4 weeks I should be able to buy my truck finally rather then Ramon noodles everyday. Only took me 8 months.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

You found work as a full time baby? Who changes your diapers? lol... I kid, I kid... Sorry, couldn't resist BABY!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ovadose

You're awesome.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

ATS has gotta make money someway If anything ATS is taking advantage of the advertisements to fund itself

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ovadose

I had to star you up, just for the rebel in me! And to annoy chadwickus a little more!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Please use Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist) for any gripes or questions, thank you.

Thread closed

Sauron
Super-Moderator

new topics

top topics

join