It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six-Year Old Raises $10,000 With Lemonade Stand to Pay For Dad’s Cancer Treatment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Good point that he earned only a few dollars on the actual lemon aid. He violated 5 laws: sales tax, 2 child labor laws, non-profit law and one health code. He should have robbed a bank instead, they robbed him.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Sorry, I just don't find this heart warming. I find it a pathetic indictment on our culture ands society that a little child basically has to beg the public for donations to deal with a medical emergency. ...and we even think it is cute. Its awful and we shoul all be ashamed.

No YOU should be ashamed for not knowing the difference between BEGGING and WORKING.
The kid was selling lemonade. He wasn't standing out there with nothing to offer in return.

Yeah, it's sad that treatment is so unbelievably high in this country but really! The kid is at least loving enough to think to DO something about it instead of sitting at home crying about it! Which seems to be what you're doing.

What a pathetic heartless creature you turned out to be. Congrats to your parents for raising such a person.

edit on 17-6-2012 by 08051962 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
well what is really sad is that the child actually even had a need to do this....kudos to kid....Shame on America...as in Canada,England and a great many European countries...guess What...the poor Dad who would have been under unnecessary stress pain and suffering would have had his treatment free.
A country that claims to be soooo Proud and apparently cares for It's people does not even have it in them to care for them with free medical for those who cannot afford it....Who knows maybe the poor feela might not even make after all his childs hard work because the treatment was not being administered quick enough...

That is one wonderful child...but in reality the child should not have to also be under such stress ...not only worrying for the health of their father but alos having the added stress of having to try to raise money for the families medical bills....would it not have been better for the child to be beside their fathers side just comforting dad while he is going through this horrible decease.

But hey i guess this is how America works.....the rich can afford health while the rest of America can watch their loved ones suffer....how many others are out there where the children are not able to help in any way but can only watch as their families go through the trauma.

edit on 073030p://f01Sunday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Six-year Old Raises 10,000 with lemonade stand to pay for dad's cancer treatment
IRS investigates

It's a shame that the kid even needs to do that, but it's nice to hear I guess.

edit on 17-6-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Sorry, I just don't find this heart warming. I find it a pathetic indictment on our culture ands society that a little child basically has to beg the public for donations to deal with a medical emergency. ...and we even think it is cute. Its awful and we shoul all be ashamed.

All I can say is that to a Canadian, the whole concept of the post is crazy talk. Touching, yes...but indicative of much larger problems!

My cancer was cured for $32 out of pocket...parking at the cancer centre. I covered it myself, the kids didn't have to sell squat.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

That's really how I felt about it too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join