It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The defeated warrior.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The defeated warrior.

A man stands broken, leaning on the shattered flesh that he once thrust into harm's way. This jaded silhouette on the horizon stands ominously over the edge of our sanity. His body is torn and made bitter but his eyes wander not from the glory of the sun rise.

When once this light bathed his armor in its resplendence, now it glows warm around his red flesh, reflecting off the pools of his blood on the ground before him. The world is stained in his sacrifice.

Beyond this visage of loyal last stand his enemies move towards him defiantly. Not even in death will they honor him. He that honored the sacred brotherhood of mankind. They stand against him not as men, but as something less. Something they made that has convinced them of their supremacy. He looks not upon them. In his eyes only the light of the ascending sun is shown. They are as nothing to him. He is as nothing to them. The heat of battle slowly dissipates from his body.

The many men now wandering the battlefield taking opportunity and fortune by the horns, now look through the bits and pieces of the defeated warriors now broken army, lying dead at his feet.
They finally reach him and pause, gazing deeply into the firm gaze of their vanquished foe.
His eyes finally meet theirs and a cold stillness overtook them all. The warrior smiled to himself and let his head rest upon his chest. He felt as chin let a stream of hot blood roll down over his breast plate and fall slowly to the ground. The defeated warrior awaits their advance, listening to his essence drip onto the ground beneath him. His wounds are deep but pain does not reach him. His veins are drained but fatigue does not take hold over him. He is beyond their war. He is a human being taking his last breath on this good earth.

He is like the sun rising. He is flowing like the rains that will wash the open field, flowing and free falling. He is like the dawn. He is like the morning dew. His defeat does not dishonor him.
He fought until he could no longer. While he lived, mankind was not without a champion. While his sword was still in his hand, free men still walked the earth. Though he is the last. Though he is but a common man. He knows he has never seen the day of his defeat. His victory was not in victory but rather the truth of his existence. Never has man surrendered his freedom.

Mankind had its life taken, not its existence diminished. The warrior is satisfied. His people have not become slaves. His people will suffer no longer. They were then and always, freemen.

He thinks contently to himself these things and about the beauty of the world around him he now leaves as his enemies blades shred into his flesh. His knees come crashing down into the pools of his hard bled sacrifice. The last thing his eyes see is the warm sun over the horizon slowly rolling back as his body falls lifeless. His eyes now closing. He lies on his back, staring into the sky. He exhales his last breath through his smile. The world grows dark.

The conquerors raise their weapons above him, as they fall the defeated warrior falls. They cheer over his dead body. They praise eachothers skill. The world grows darker still.

The warmth of the sun now passing. Day becomes night and all are off to restful celebration. The day is theirs.

The general of the conquering army inspects his new land. He arrives to inspect the battlefield and sees a child walking down the road, full of dignity. Noticing that the child is wearing the coat of arms of his vanquished foe, he asks: "child, are you not moved by the sight of your country men lying dead all around you?".

The child, without shedding a tear or losing his composition responded :"yes sir, I am moved. I am filled with strength courage and wisdom. I see no greater testament to any people than to see their last effort as a people be one of unity solidarity and unending loyalty. We have not left this battle field in dishonor. We have remained and when it became our grave we consecrated the ground with the noble blood of our fathers, brothers, and sons. They have proven here and today that we were and will always be, a free people. Our death was certain since our inception, but our lasting honor is our own miracle and so a blessing. "

Puzzled at first the general thinks silently to himself and then suddenly raises his hand and orders for the boy to be allowed to pass. The story of the day must be heard by others. The honor and dignity of defeated warriors must be known by both sides that it may never be stricken from mankind´s soul.

The defeated warrior, the noble warrior, is victorious. His quest is for the honor and freedom of his people, not his enemies defeat. His enemy is irrelevant to the warrior. His honor and his freedom are not.

edit on 12-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

The general who advances without seeking fame and retreats without fearing disgrace,
Whose only thought is to protect his country and do service for his sovereign,
Is the jewel of his kingdom.

VNV NATION-Art Of Conflict

edit on 12-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
that was brutal ....slang for grreat

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Do we know each other ?

Nice piece dude thanks

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

I don't think so. Thanks man. I am glad you liked it. I just wanted to give something back.

SarnholeOntarable- cool beans. I am happy you got something out of it.

sonnny1- nice quote. It is my quote of the day. Nice.

edit on 12-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
For all of us who stand here to day. This dark yet glorious day, we stand heavily out numbered… the chances of survival are grim. But the saying still stands. We live together, we fight together, and we die together. If we are to fall this day. Make them remember who we are. Make them remember that dark day were 17 stood against a 1000. Brothers and sisters, if we are to fall… if we are to die here today. We give them hell before we do. I expect you to show them no mercy as they will show you none. This is were make our stand, this is were we Fight to the end. And if we must die today then so be it. May your swords cut through the armor of the enemy may your flags stand tall. As you march into the very depts. of hell. We shall show no fear. We shall not run… No my brothers and sister. We Shall Stand Here and fight. They shall remember the day that they stood against Deaths Children. Now! For Death, And for glory! We Fight on!

Killer Red Leader of: The Killer Elite
Red Fear Leader of: the Bloody Fists, and The Black Aces

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedXFear

For all of us who stand here to day. This dark yet glorious day, we stand heavily out numbered… the chances of survival are grim. But the saying still stands. We live together, we fight together, and we die together. If we are to fall this day. Make them remember who we are. Make them remember that dark day were 17 stood against a 1000. Brothers and sisters, if we are to fall… if we are to die here today. We give them hell before we do. I expect you to show them no mercy as they will show you none. This is were make our stand, this is were we Fight to the end. And if we must die today then so be it. May your swords cut through the armor of the enemy may your flags stand tall. As you march into the very depts. of hell. We shall show no fear. We shall not run… No my brothers and sister. We Shall Stand Here and fight. They shall remember the day that they stood against Deaths Children. Now! For Death, And for glory! We Fight on!

Killer Red Leader of: The Killer Elite
Red Fear Leader of: the Bloody Fists, and The Black Aces

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Very good story!

S&F

new topics

top topics

join