It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophetic Dream about 'Sodom and Gomorrah.'??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
To start my names Marcus, I am very spiritual with Our Lord. and I used to have multiple end of time/very real dreams in the beginning of 2011, but then for about a year I pretty much stopped having them , or dreaming too much at all. Then at the beginning of this year i started dreaming every night again, and on may 5th I was talking to a friend about the dreams I used to have, and that night before I went to sleep I prayed and asked God to give me them again, and that night I had a very very real dream.

To start in my dream, There were two land masses seperated by a body of water, i dont know the land masses or the name of the body of water, and it was fairly dark outside. My dream started while I was on one side of the land with a group of people who were all talking among each other and were watching what was happening on the opposite land mass. From what i remember I was towards the back of the crowd and was fighting my way through them in some sort of hurry and panic trying to get out. I then found a clearing ran out and i was clear of them all and by myself in front of everyone. I looked and saw on the opposite side tons of cities and buildings that all looked as if they were Greek or Middle Eastern looking. Then suddenly I dropped to my knees and started praying and calling to God, and The Holy Spirit was raging inside me and i could feel Him and he was praying through me, I felt it throughout my whole body, it was so real it seemed. And everyone behind me was watching me, Then suddenly I was manipulating the weather, and clouds were going crazy and there was thunder and lightning, and it was all gathering above the cities across from me, and then lightning started striking down and devastating everything in the cities, and there were fires and people were dying. And in the midst of all this I heard a man's voice shout out, "Sodom and Gomorrah are destroyed" (..or something of that manner.) and i looked up from my prayer and saw the devastation and all the survivors, or people that were left of the cities were standing still and all looking across at me. Then as i kept watching the people, time/or what i was seeing with my eyes, seemed to slowly roll into fast forward and I saw them then start cleaning up the devastation and death and started to Rebuild the cities brand new. . & that is about all i can remember.

I do know God speaks a lot about the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, as well as the prophets Isiah/Jeremiah/and Ezekiel, and also the Disciples Matthew and Luke. Also in Revelations in the Bible, there is reference to Sodom and Gomorrah with the two witnesses after their testimonies.
"And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified." -Rev 11:7-8

any other thoughts on my dream? or info on the subject of Sodom and Gomorrah.?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DominusIlluminatioMea

That was kind of scary,almost riviting

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Lot (biblical person) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lot_(biblical_person)
26 But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt. Mount Sodom, Israel, showing the so-called "Lot's Wife" pillar composed...

the pillar of salt is called Lots Wife.... so the myth continues on

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DominusIlluminatioMea
And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified." -Rev 11:7-8

any other thoughts on my dream? or info on the subject of Sodom and Gomorrah.?

Well, the Lord was crucified outside of Jerusalem. So if the Lord was crucified in the great city which is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, then that would also refer to Jerusalem. Therefore, the two witnesses will appear in Jerusalem and also be killed in Jerusalem.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

(On the huge assumption that this is an actual prophetic dream) I think it's obvious what the interpretation would be.

The land mass you're on is the North American land mass. The people are worried about turmoil on the other land mass, which is the Eurasian land mass. You pushing through the crowd is you escaping the secular worries of the world to see the spiritual reality of what's happening...and that is this: that God is judging Eurasia for its wickedness and rebellion. Survivors of this judgement will be the faithful who follow Christ, and I think you'll find that they wouldn't be rebuilding the same cities and buildings over again. They rebuild in the name of Christ.

And it's safe to say that, if God is judging Eurasia in this way, then the same judgement will follow against North America.

Again, that's if it were a true prophecy. Have you had prophetic dreams that came true before?
edit on 12-5-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

wow thanks for that, that would make sense, and no none of mine have yet, they are all latter day dreams.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

That was kind of scary,almost riviting

ha imagine how i felt having the dream lol

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Well...the "latter days" have been here for a while. Jesus came the first time in "these last days" (Hebrews 1:2), so your dreams could be of past events and still be of the "latter days."

Until any of your dreams come true, I wouldn't attach any significance to them. As I said, the explanation I gave is only my own fallible guess with the consideration that I don't actually believe your dreams are prophetic. It just came to mind, so I figured I'd tell you about it.

I just don't want anyone thinking I'm giving an interpretation by any real authority or anything.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

I just don't want anyone thinking I'm giving an interpretation by any real authority or anything.

yea i gotcha man, i appreciate it, and not necessarily saying I'm a prophet either.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Well, the Lord was crucified outside of Jerusalem. So if the Lord was crucified in the great city which is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, then that would also refer to Jerusalem. Therefore, the two witnesses will appear in Jerusalem and also be killed in Jerusalem.

you think the two are literal?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
i've been thinking about those two places just recently myself.

the first is gone...the second's day comes on May 21, 2012.

the world is a bit larger today than when the story was written...so it will play out over a larger geographic area.

but the strikes are precise, the pain severe, unavoidable and absolutely certain.

the recipients....not surprised at all.

for every tear...there is a laugh.

when some mourn...others celebrate.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

what a great post.

thought provoking.

more please....

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm sure I read somewhere recently that science has determined that the story of S&G was brought about by either a volcanic eruption, or a meteor strike, can't remember which.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

you think the two are literal?

Literal as in the reference to where our Lord was crucified.

Metaphorical when referring to Jerusalem as Sodom and Gomorrah.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

somewhere in this world there must be a mirror so big no one can actually see it, but can only perceive that it must be.

this past weekend, I saw both wedding's and funerals occurring simultaneously.

its was as if for one woman to marry the father of her son, another had to pass away...both cannot be.

i found a reason to hold my tongue and my judgment not for the sake of the dead but for the future of the living that loved them dearly.

edit on 14-5-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

just gota say .. your avatar=EPIIC

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

I dont really get where you're going bro :/

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Sodom and Gomorrah as far as I can tell from the descriptions are places whose inhabitants are on the other side of a mirror from rest of the world.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

Sodom and Gomorrah as far as I can tell from the descriptions are places whose inhabitants are on the other side of a mirror from rest of the world.

I must admit, I mulled this over, applied every philisophical angle I know, thought about it some more, and I'm still not getting it, and I'm pretty creative.

The literal Sodom and Gomorrah, from what I understand, were two among the five "cities of the plain" South of Canaan near the Jordan river.
It was obliterated along with two other cities by God with "fire and brimstone". Brimstone means "burning rock" or "burning stone" and is what we refer to now as "sulphur." Sulphur rock has some seriously unique properties when burnt. It melts as it burns and the "drippings" can be likened to napalm, as it continues to burn even as it melts. It also releases noxious, toxic fumes as it burns. When we breathe in the fumes, the sulphur reacts with the water in our lungs and it becomes sulphuric acid. Ouch.
The only place I know of that solid sulphur comes from is volcanoes. Please correct me if I'm wrong. It spews out as a liquid and once to the surface the glob cools and hardens. Oh, sulphur can also come from hot springs that are found in volcanic areas, but in that instance the sulphur is microscopic in the form of mineral deposits in the water. These accumulate over time and will create sulphur deposits. The way they form is somehow related to the temperature of the water.
I know that there hasn't been volcanic activity recorded in that area for at least 4 or 5 thousand years, so whenever this happened, it had to have been earlier than that.

After their destruction, Sodom and Gomorrah became synonymous with shameless sinning, including being a metaphor for homosexuality ("sodomy"). So most references to it in the Bible which are after the Book of Genesis are usually of a metaphorical, comparative nature, and it is usually in reference to Jerusalem or the nation of Israel.
Deuteronomy 29
Jeremiah 23
and in Revelations which you referenced in the OP.

I don't see places described as Sodom and Gomorrah as being on the other side of a mirror, separated from the rest of the world. On the contrary, I interpret metaphors and comparisons to Sodom and Gomorrah as being indicative of a place being OVERLY-worldly, grounded solely in carnal pleasures and selfish motives.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

just gota say .. your avatar=EPIIC

Thanks.
I mentioned in another thread that the only thing that could add to its AWESOMENESS is if Chuck Norris was in the picture.
Other than that, it pretty much covers all the bases of "awesome", IMO

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join