It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C# Need help with an "if" statement.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Finally, does anyone know how to change the icon of the actual executable file?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Take a look at the project properties. I think there should be an option to set the icon there.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
Yea I see the "Icon" one there, and it's set in there, but the "running tasK" down in the bar is that uggo sheet of paper looking icon, like one of those "unrecognized file type" icons.

is your file in .ico format?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Got everything workin as it should be!

Thanks again everyone, for your patience and help!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
Got everything workin as it should be!

Thanks again everyone, for your patience and help!

this is good, every time I get stuck on something, I always hit the vb.net forums out there, trying to get help, and often have to register to wait 2 days for someone to tell me the answer to something entirely different, or lead me into more convoluted code where they say to learn it. gah. I learn by mistake, not by trying everything else.

I will have to remember here next time

For example, I wrote a remote console for cod4 when I was semi admin on a server. Rather than hit the console and use pb_rcon commands manually, I wrote code that would send a pb_plist to my console in game, then in the memory where the console output was stored, scanned it for the command, then retrieved the player list, and from there I could send commands to the game itself to kick/ban etc...

But I had the hardest time working out how to properly scan 32768 bytes of memory as it looped. 0-32768, I can grab it all and scan, but should the output run back to 0, it always lost some of the info.

I asked on a forum about it once, and was told that hacking games is bad mmmkay.. despite my telling them exactly what I was doing.

I'm not logical. I do not have the brains to do math properly, I've known that since a child.. so it was infuriating..

I never did work it out, I just tried twice/three times and it would work..

I do think this is my downfall when it comes to programming, like playing guitar.. I'm too used to using 3 fingers and letting mr pinky alone, but had I learnt properly, then half the lead I play would not be so awkward. I can still play it, but I make mistakes.

Programming is the same, I guess, you can get it done the way I do it, but it's ugly, buggy and awkward. but old dogs and new tricks they say

Then again, when what I'm coding is something unique, and not done before out of necessity, I don't mind throwing together my old snippets to achieve something.

I really should do a course. just to get things a little more coherent.. I started in Professional Basic 7 writing programs where I worked to put on floppy disks, so that on booting up machines at work they all had unique names on the network, so we could use ghost to blast images out to 20 machines at a time.

these days I'm out of innovation. oh well, I do still write things to force full screen games to run windowed yet emulate full screen so I can swap out quickly if I need, rather than let windows sort all the graphics out and take 5 seconds. Or Windows Media Centre. I hate how it steals the mouse from my second monitor, so force that to pretend to be full screen and let my mouse run free.

rambling again... i hate my meds.. lol

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yea, I have never asked the ATS community a programming question before, and I'm actually kind of surprised at the number of people that stopped by!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

I think it comes with the kind of people that visit ATS.
So many individuals and everyone has a hobby and interests. This adds up

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join