It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what's the deal with time travel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AlchemicalMonocular

How can anything be verified in your opinion?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

How can anything be verified in your opinion?

Here would be several examples - Remote Viewing.

Remote Viewing Results

Note that there is no possibility for fraud, trickery or error in this supply of enormous amounts of RV's factual, documented and irrefutable existence.

There are thousands of other RV sessions which would be examples of RV as a verifiable, trustworthy art.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

The only way to truly verify something is to directly experience it. Direct experience, conscious contact, seeing and knowing can only ever happen presently.
It would be impossible to directly experience, with conscious contact, the past or future because no matter where you are it is always now.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baron01

reply to post by PurpleChiten

Have a rest from the mind stories and games and enter the kingdom.

If you are trying to avoid your mind you are trying to avoid yourself because you are your mind. I used to be deluded as you.

I am right here and right now and my mind makes images of a past and future me's. Those past and future me's are not what I am. Thoughts tell you that you are good one minute and bad the next. Can you trust the mind to know the truth?
I am not the mind. The mind is a programmed machine. I can watch the workings of the machine, i see how foolish it is. It resists, it reacts, it gets insulted, it is fearful, it defends and fights.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

You are your mind. If you're not your mind there will be no experience. You cannot be seperate from anything you experience otherwise you wouldn't experience it. So you cannot be seperate from your mind and if you think you can be then you make it your reality.

You resist, you react, you get insulted, you are fearful, you defend and fight. It's a matter of what you focus on. If you focus on a disturbed mind then that's what you get.

edit on 15-5-2012 by Baron01 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Verification of RV is accomplished by double blind or single blind protocol. The RV, and many times the target provider, do not know what the target is. The RV provides information about the unseen target often when the target has yet to be picked (a future event).

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by Itisnowagain

What the hell are you talking about? Of course we move. We have legs. If the world around you was moving then you would wake up somewhere different to where you went to sleep.
happens to me all the time sleep walking not moveing enviroment is the culprit often end up in the bath.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

If you are trying to avoid your mind you are trying to avoid yourself because you are your mind. I used to be deluded as you.

I am right here and right now and my mind makes images of a past and future me's. Those past and future me's are not what I am. Thoughts tell you that you are good one minute and bad the next. Can you trust the mind to know the truth?
I am not the mind. The mind is a programmed machine. I can watch the workings of the machine, i see how foolish it is. It resists, it reacts, it gets insulted, it is fearful, it defends and fights.

You are your mind. If you're not your mind there will be no experience. You cannot be seperate from anything you experience otherwise you wouldn't experience it. So you cannot be seperate from your mind and if you think you can be then you make it your reality.

You resist, you react, you get insulted, you are fearful, you defend and fight. It's a matter of what you focus on. If you focus on a disturbed mind then that's what you get.

Without the body, the mind has no power in our social construct/universe, therefore, the argument falls through. You are not your mind, you are much more including interactions with others.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Without the body, the mind has no power in our social construct/universe, therefore, the argument falls through. You are not your mind, you are much more including interactions with others.

Without the mind there is no body. Our universe is Your universe.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

how about those who are "brain dead" yet kept alive by artificial means? There's a body, there's no mind.

In order to function in this universe, you need the interaction of the body and the mind.
edit on 17-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

how about those who are "brain dead" yet kept alive by artificial means? There's a body, there's no mind.

In order to function in this universe, you need the interaction of the body and the mind.

That's from your perspective.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Of course, as is yours and everyone else's. That's what makes it our own.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Yes, so it's obvious that you're not a body.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Yes, so it's obvious that you're not a body.

you're also not a mind.
You are much more than either of them

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
As a physics major I plan to study the relationship of time and gravity as a specialty. A theory I have requires the development of micro singularities, or black holes. You need to be able to create and stabilize two identical MS's, and have them rotate around eachother by each one pulling the other and sling-shotting them. This would theoretically create a gravitational distortion strong enough, on a small scale, to resemble a neutron star cylinder (wormhole). With enough power, and stability, the gravitational distortion should be able to, again this is theoretical, distort time within the loop of the MS's. As for time travel itself, I like to think that if you go back in time, there is automatically room for new choices, events, etc. Therefore you are actually in a parallel dimension. I believe if you had the capability to go back in time and kill your father, you would still exist because the father you killed would not be the one from your timeline, being caused by you existing in his timeline to begin with. This is why if we had time machines I don't believe we would see many cases of people coming back in time, or they would be well hidden if they entered our dimension. This is of course my short version. Now it would be much easier if we could travel faster than light! This is as close as we can get:

t(at rest) = t(traveller)
..............._________
...............√(1 - (v/c)²)

Where 'c' is the speed of light and 'v' the traveller's velocity, which may be expressed as a percentage of the speed of light ((say) 0.99999c).

If a photon of light, which travels at the speed of light c, could carry a clock then the above equation becomes: -

t(at rest) = t(photon)
..............._________

In other words, the t(at rest) time is infinite unless the t(photons) elapsed time is zero. Therefore, a photon travels with its clock at a stop and crosses the universe in zero elapsed time. My favorite equation to date

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join