It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what's the deal with time travel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by swampcricket

I think time travel is possible but I don't think you can alter the past, only observe it. Time travel should be possible through some sort of magnetism; everything works from magnetism in some form or another anyway: The Sun is magnetic and shoots magnetic waves into space, the planets are magnetic with relation to their poles, Asteroids and comets are magnetic according to the minerals they possess, people and animals are magnetic, etc.

In my opinion( I'm no scientist) the sun is the key to time travel. Maybe there's even a Black Hole at the center(s) OF STAR(S), and those Black Holes swallow you in one part of the Universe and spit you out in another. You never know.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Ask Obama, Ed Ames, Andy Basiago and Brent Stillings.

No, not a trick answer.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
We are always time traveling.

We are constrained by our physical bodies and can only move forward. Some people would suggest that revisiting memories is traveling to the past, but this cannot be achieved with the actual physical body - only with the mind.

When one leaves the physical body, time travel is "possible" because all time exists at once. Therefore, one can move through [what humans perceive as] time easily, fluidly, and effortlessly.

Basically, the only thing keeping us from time traveling at will between "backward" and "forward" times is that we are stuck in our 4D world, where time looks like a line.

People who can astral project can time travel, if they are able to realize that what they are seeing is real.

People who lucid dream can time travel, though this form is still constrained by the waking mind.

So, yes, time travel is possible. However, only when we are "intangible".

Now, as far as a "time travel machine" being feasible, I would say, "No, not at this time." Because we haven't figured out how to go the speed of light. If we could, then I might say it were feasible. And, I think Stephen Hawking is a great thinker, but for now his thoughts on time travel are theory.

We will see.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
You will never time travel because you are always now.
Now is what you are, you are stuck to now for eternity.
Time does not exist. Clocks exist, now!
Everything exists now!
Nothing exists outside of now, nothing exists outside of you!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by Itisnowagain

What the hell are you talking about? Of course we move. We have legs. If the world around you was moving then you would wake up somewhere different to where you went to sleep.

What about this, near-death experiences? The first time it happened to me, I was engulfed by the “white light” and my first assumption was that this must be what God is. It was a feeling of completeness, wholeness, being in the absolute home, and I had nothing to relate it to, nothing in my experience that overwhelming and perfect, so I assumed this must be what God is. For a long time I told people God’s a white light, you can’t die, you can’t cease to exist as an entity, that sort of thing.

But then I had a second NDE that was slightly different. In that one I was what I called kept local, not allowed to wander off, because I was actively seeking this white light and I was allowed to see it but not go through it. This created a huge philosophical problem for me because the light had edges and my definition of God did not include boundaries. So the light had to be something other than what I had assumed. I concluded that it must have something to do with the mortality of self and what we identify as self. Maybe my conceptualization of what God is must be changed. I concluded as a result of that exercise that there was no way I could define God because in my quest for an unbounded principle, I can’t put boundaries on it, so the best I can do is see some shadow or reflection on the wall.

I was looking for what constitutes the right thing in the human condition and I find that not just in humanity but in many of the contacts with a lot of these entities. It’s an expansion of the conceptualization of “sentient beings.” I think there is something very dynamic and specific about these experiences and I think they’re a teaching or learning tool for expanding the sophistication of how we view sentient beings or the universe at large.

Comprehendo?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
You will never time travel because you are always now.

Yes, we are always "Now". However, "Now" is not always the same Now in relation to us as beings who exist at this very moment.

For example, I was born at a certain time on a certain day, a certain year in the past. "Now", for me, has only existed since my birth. However, "Now" has existed for people who were born before me - since their births. The people who witnessed my birth witnessed the beginning of my Now while existing in their own Now.

Now is what you are, you are stuck to now for eternity.

I'm not stuck, per se. I have eternal Nows to go wherever I please. I just happen to be limited at the moment. As soon as I get out of this body, I'll be unstuck and, effectively, experience eternity.

Time does not exist. Clocks exist, now!
Everything exists now!

Imagine, Itisnowagain, if I were able to take my Now and witness the births of people whose Now began 100 years ago? My Now did not exist 100 years ago, but if I could move my Now backward along the perceived linear timeline of a human, I would be a time traveler. Because Now is a function of Time.

Though, I do agree. Everything is and was and will be, Now.

Nothing exists outside of now, nothing exists outside of you!

I disagree. Others exist because I cannot read/know them completely. Therefore, I cannot live in a bubble of Now because my Now affects the Now of others - at all Nows. I'm sure it's nice to be able to only focus on oneself and one's own Now; I have never had that option. So, I can't agree with you on this.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That's why I tend to prefer the word eccentric for people like him

The word "nuts" makes me think of somebody who sits in his/her apartment wearing nothing but latex gloves on their feet and drawing farm animals on the walls with lipstick.

Eccentric people have value, whereas people who are nuts are just nuts, and nothing more.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I do it all the time. Just be careful about which carrier you choose and be sure they include frequent flyer miles. Some of those people are just out to cheat you out of a buck

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeaNice
Ask Obama, Ed Ames, Andy Basiago and Brent Stillings.

No, not a trick answer.

Not Ames The A$$clown. The rest surely do "know" about time travel.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

IF time is percieved as a dimension.

'Time' is the human label for momentary instances of "Now" that occured before this very "Now".

Nothing exists out of right NOW. We can percieve LATER, as we expect from the PAST Nows that more shall come... But this is just our human mind putting expectation on a pattern.

A Dimension suggests degrees of freedom (physical movement paralell to an axis). Think of how we can move in this world, with 6 degrees of freedom (forward, back, up, down, left, right).

Converntional/Unconventional physics aside, this in my mind is the label for Time that I will lay down.

As far as 'Travel' 'through' 'Time' (to instances that have happened, or have not happened)... well. One can speculate...

*Awaiting developments on higher powers/dimensions/beings...*

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Now is what unites everything. Now and you are one thing.
You believe you are an entity in time and you believe in 'other nows', 'other nows' are appearing now as past and future beliefs/ideas (thought constructs). This now is all there is right now. But you imagine (imagine means making images in your head) 'other' nows, which you cannot call 'other nows' because really they are 'past' or 'future' thought constructs appearing in this, the only now that exists.
You believe there was a world before you. And you believe there is a world outside of you. But there is no 'world'. There is only ever what is appearing presently in your experience.

"Imagine, Itisnowagain, if I were able to take my Now and witness the births of people whose Now began 100 years ago? My Now did not exist 100 years ago, but if I could move my Now backward along the perceived linear timeline of a human, I would be a time traveler. Because Now is a function of Time."

Notice the words 'imagine' and 'if' and 'but if i could' - all of this is pretend, lets pretend we could do this, and let's pretend we could do that. The human mind plays pretend and most don't even notice!!

"Others exist because I cannot read/know them completely. Therefore, I cannot live in a bubble of Now because my Now affects the Now of others - at all Nows. I'm sure it's nice to be able to only focus on oneself and one's own Now; I have never had that option. So, I can't agree with you on this."

You do live in the bubble of now, try and escape it now. Try really, really hard, do it as often as you remember and let me know when you achieve it. Even if a story about 'another time' appears it will appear now. You say you do not have the option to focus on yourself and your now but i say you have no other option. You will never experience anything outside of you now. Thoughts appear now, this moment is appearing as whatever is appearing right now. This moment might appear as a thought about yesterday or tomorrow but yesterday and tomorrow are concepts, words, ideas that are being seen/viewed now.

This is a facinating video with Peter Brown who shows you that you are not in your body:youtu.be...
Here is a video (sorry no pictures, just voice) that brings one to the seeing that everything is appearing now.
youtu.be...

Realize that you are eternally now and now is eternal. When you realize this one truth you will be home free.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Because you 'believe' in 'other nows' you will feel fragmented, conflicted and stressed, this is the human condition - never at ease, never feeling at home. The human condition is to believe in things that are not true, the human mind plays 'let's pretend'. When the mind plays 'let's pretend' it has to be recognized that, that is what it is doing, it is 'playing pretend', it is not real. Whatever the mind does, it does it now, presently, in and as what IS real - presence. This now is the only thing you will ever have to deal with, isn't that a relief?
When you find the 'Real' (the truth), the fragmentation, the conflict and the stress will fall away.
The human condition of believing what is not true will be seen and then you can laugh all day long at the madness.

The belief in 'other nows' is more self indulgent than knowing there is just this 'one now'. Your 'other nows' are all based on you and your story. The story of 'other times/nows' are filled with your stuff, your concerns. Whereas this now is not about you. When it is realized that this is it, this is the whole thing right here, you and your individual story dissolves. It is the story of you that is heavy and when it is thrown off life is so light.
The 'story of me' is in time. However, I am etenally now, I can only 'be' now.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Fairy stories always start 'Once upon a time in a far away land'. Any story that is of time is a fairy story. Any story about a far away land is a fairy story.
Put your story books away and see the real deal.

youtu.be...

Stories and make believe are great when you know it's just a made up story but life can be horrific when the stories are believed to be true.
youtu.be...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Fairy stories always start 'Once upon a time in a far away land'. Any story that is of time is a fairy story. Any story about a far away land is a fairy story.

youtu.be...

Stories and make believe are great when you know it's just a made up story but life can be horrific when the stories are believed to be true.

Logical fallacy. Just because all fairy stories start that way doesn't mean that all stories that start that way are fairy stories

All thumbs are fingers, not all fingers are thumbs

Perhaps it's (interchanged on purpose)... the dreams that "stuff" is made of

For bonus points, name that movie!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

youtu.be...

Logical fallacy. Just because all fairy stories start that way doesn't mean that all stories that start that way are fairy stories

Logical=mindstuff. What is real is appearing now. Can you touch something in the past or future or somewhere else?
Can you separate the head from the neck, where is the line that denotes 'head' from 'neck'. One body separated with the mind that divides the one into many. The mind imagines division when there is none.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Fairy stories are made of fairy dust. Is the past or future made out of anything but thought? Thought is like fairy dust, like whisps of smoke that can be blown away. Thought has no real existence.

All that exists is this - whatever is appearing. Then thought tells us a story (a fairy story) that there is more than this but there is not more than this.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

youtu.be...

Logical=mindstuff. What is real is appearing now. Can you touch something in the past or future or somewhere else?
Can you separate the head from the neck, where is the line that denotes 'head' from 'neck'. One body separated with the mind that divides the one into many. The mind imagines division when there is none.

Sure I can, but I'm not allowed to tell you how because you're not a member of the "club"

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Again, more imagination. The mind playing 'let's pretend'.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Again, more imagination. The mind playing 'let's pretend'.

Ahhh, but is it my imagination or it is yours? That's the question!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

It is no ones imagination, it is mind. Mind does this. Like clouds move across the sky. The sky does not concern itself with the clouds.
I see the mind like the i see the clouds. The mind appears in the empty space that i am but i don't believe the stories it tells. I know i am seeing/hearing a story that is not true.
Reality is not a story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join