It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Will Obama Exploit Facebook's Upcoming IPO?

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The most anticipated IPO of our life times is going to happen--Well at this point sometime next week-- Facebook's big Blue F will light up Wall Street. Mark Zuckerberg and Company will be asking investors to raise roughly $5 Billion. This is higher than Google's IPO which set off the tech boom that lasted nearly five years!

For those of you who don't know Facebook makes their money by the very idea behind the social network. Targeted marketing. For instance, if you place a picture of yourself skiing in Colorado you will get advertisements on the side of your page about skiing and Colorado and probably travel too! They also make money by sponsored advertisements based on official companies that join Facebook. Like how The Voice and American Idol both allow you to vote on Facebook. Facebook also has a few questionable ties to secret societies, the government, Hollywood elite, and of course Goldman Sachs is advising the IPO. But that's a different thread altogether.

In 2008 President Obama was the first candidate to leverage social media to his advantage and being as Anti-Obama as I am. I have to admit, He did a fairly good job with it. Most people his age, didn't even know what Facebook was back then. Shortly thereafter Sarah Palin rose to fame using the social network giant!

But, with a lousy economy, job outlook, and fading poll numbers. Obama has been using every trick in the book to make people look the other way. From Julia, to Bully man Romney, to Gay Marriage Team Obama has got nothing left. They have no facts, they have no budget, and they could barely scrape together a slogan! (Forward?)

So with the news of Facebook's IPO and Mark Zuckerberg's tight relationship with the President himself, (Facebook has held various town halls since 2011) Do you think something will happen with that? Will Obama look forward to this economic good news? Do Zuckerberg and Obama talk on occasion? Is he waiting, to exploit the young Billionaire?

If so, then we can expect more of the same from President Obama. The evil rich must pay their fair share, but yet, Facebook is a really good social networking tool that allows nearly a Billion people around the world connect with each other and share things! A little interesting thing for President Obama to consider, Business Insider's Nicholas Carlson says Facebook and its IPO, "a monument to capitalism, A thousand millionaires overnight."

There is no doubt that Obama will take credit for the economy next week when it in no doubt will be partially recovered with $5 Billion in extra cash! He doesn't even have to talk about Facebook. I'm sure Obama will know about the reason why the economy will be doing good next week. For us tech guys we know what's really going on behind the scenes. Financial analysts who track these things like hawks really understand what's behind the jumps in the economy. It's not stupid jobs reports or economic outlook reports. It's IPO's!



finance.yahoo.com...
edit on 12-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77


There is no doubt that Obama will take credit for the economy next week when it in no doubt will be partially recovered with $5 Billion! Except for us tech guys we know what's really going on behind the scenes. Financial analysts who track these things like hawks really understand what's behind the jumps in the economy. It's not stupid jobs reports or economic outlook reports. It's IPO's and Futures!



Obama takes credit for many things. One Giant shell game. PT Barnum would be pleased.


What really galled me, though, was Pres. Obama bragging about more than 3 million U.S. jobs created during the last 22 months. That could have been good news for unemployed Americans. But during that same period, the Obama Administration issued more than 3 million work visas to new immigrants and other foreign workers (more than half of them permanent).


Obama Speech Brags About 3 Million New Jobs (Fails To Mention 3 Million New Foreign Work Permits)


See how its done??
edit on 12-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 



Hes ALREADY exploited it.



And that’s the true lesson of our past. We love the free market. We believe in rewarding entrepreneurship and risk. But when I hear my opponent and some of these folks talk as if somehow nobody had anything to do with the success of these businesses and our entrepreneurs, I have to remind them that we — we the people — invested in creating the Internet that allowed Microsoft and Google and Facebook to thrive. There’s not a business in this country that’s not benefiting from roads and bridges and airports — the investments we make together. Every time we’ve got a kid who’s getting a great education in a public school and able to go to get an outstanding education at a public university, we’re contributing to the possibilities of the free market succeeding. And that’s the right vision for our future. That’s the reason I’m running for President, because I believe in that vision. I believe in that vision.”


Obama: American investment in the Internet allowed Facebook, Google and Microsoft to thrive



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 



Hes ALREADY exploited it.



And that’s the true lesson of our past. We love the free market. We believe in rewarding entrepreneurship and risk. But when I hear my opponent and some of these folks talk as if somehow nobody had anything to do with the success of these businesses and our entrepreneurs, I have to remind them that we — we the people — invested in creating the Internet that allowed Microsoft and Google and Facebook to thrive. There’s not a business in this country that’s not benefiting from roads and bridges and airports — the investments we make together. Every time we’ve got a kid who’s getting a great education in a public school and able to go to get an outstanding education at a public university, we’re contributing to the possibilities of the free market succeeding. And that’s the right vision for our future. That’s the reason I’m running for President, because I believe in that vision. I believe in that vision.”


Obama: American investment in the Internet allowed Facebook, Google and Microsoft to thrive


There I think he's just talking about it and using it as a crappy example. He fails to explain how those two different investments work. Roads and Bridges are paid for by US the taxpayers. Facebook was started by Mark Zuckerberg and he got his first investments from his best friends. He just coded a really good website that people like to use. How? He made navigating it easy, smooth and addicting!

Oh and Faecbook has and will always remain free!
edit on 12-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1
 





Wow and the people who were using them had nothing whatsoever to do with it.

What an egomaniac.



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 


Hes definitely trying to bridge it all together. Then when Facebook stocks go through the roof,he will use his friendship with Mark Zuckerberg,as a springboard to co-op it all. I give Obama credit. Hes a great BS'er.

Whats next,an Al Gore moment ??





posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 


Hes definitely trying to bridge it all together. Then when Facebook stocks go through the roof,he will use his friendship with Mark Zuckerberg,as a springboard to co-op it all. I give Obama credit. Hes a great BS'er.

Whats next,an Al Gore moment ??




I wouldn't put it pass him to say something like, "you know, I had an idea for this type of thing one time..."



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Oh and Faecbook has and will always remain free!
edit on 12-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)


Oh really?

Facebook tests 'pay to post' tool
www.bbc.co.uk...

Facebook will only be free if they can't get away with charging, trust me, they are looking into it.



posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77


I wouldn't put it pass him to say something like, "you know, I had an idea for this type of thing one time..."




Or, "you know, Mark could have been my son."



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join