It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashback: Obama’s Sordid High School Past

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Flashback: Obama’s Sordid High School Past
by Ben Shapiro -- Breitbart Story

It seems Obama has a high school "history" too.

His high school antics are brought out in this story.

Many are quotes from he man himself.

Very Controversial article !!

Obama, by all accounts, was a habitual drug user in high school. He tried coc aine, he admits in Dreams From My Father; he “tried drugs enthusiastically.” The Chicago Tribune reported back in 2007 that Obama thanked the “Choom Gang” in his high school yearbook; “chooming” was Hawaiian slang for smoking pot. The Honolulu Advertiser reported that Obama’s senior portrait “prominently displayed … A package of ‘Zig-Zag’ rolling papers and a matchbook.” One of Obama’s close friends was arrested for drug possession during high school.

In his memoir, Obama talked about routinely getting high. “Junkie. Pothead,” he wrote. “That’s where I’d been headed: the final, fatal role of the young would-be black man.” But, according to Obama, he only got high because he was contemplating deep matters: drugs could “push questions of who I was out of my mind.”
Well, I wonder what his problem was with "Who he was" ?

Obama told students in 2007 that this activity constituted “goofing off” and “wasting time”:

"I will confess to you that I was kind of a goof off in high school as my mom reminded me," Obama said. "I went to high school in Hawaii, so there's a lot of opportunity to goof off because the weather is really good all the time …

"You know, I made some bad decisions …. You know, got into drinking and experimenting with drugs. There was a whole stretch of time where I didn't apply myself. It wasn't until I got out of … high school, and went to college that I started realizing, man, I wasted a lot of time.”
It seems old habits don't always go away.....he still wastes a lot of time today too !!

During his high school years, Obama hung out with communist radical Frank Marshall Davis; in 2007, the Los Angeles Times reported that during his high school days, “he felt the first stirrings of anger toward whites. He says he also delved into black nationalism.” He was “offended or even enraged when white classmates adopted black street slang or revealed their underlying consciousness of his race by going out of their way to tell him how much they admired a black musician or athlete.”

Hmmm.

Do we learn anything from this ?

Related Article -- NYTimes, February 9, 2008
Old Friends Say Drugs Played Bit Part in Obama’s Young Life

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
So what?
Who doesn't goof off in high school?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Not condoning drug use or anything, but this shouldn't be a big deal. I've never tried any recreational drugs myself, but I don't believe its right to judge anybody, but the hardest drug users, who do it. I'm sure there are a lot of us who don't want to be judged by what we did or didn't do in high school, in our professional lives. I'm not a fan of Obama, but at least he admitted to it and isn't trying to hide his past.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

So What, The guy partied in High School/College.
Big Deal.

In fact, I think it is over exaggerated to the max.
I met him at a party at Columbia University back in the day.

He was actually very shy and polite. A perfect gentleman compared to many
of the Punk/New Wave characters in our extended circle.

Those were the Talking Heads days. We all blended well.

It was a wonderful experience. No bully bull#(horsemanure)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I agree with you zwaga... so the new york post spoke to his high school classmates...this blows a big hole in the "nobody remembers him!" crap people have been throwing around for a long time!!!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Already a thread on this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
copypasta

Coretta is Joella Edwards, who now lives in Florida. In interviews, she recalled the day Barry Obama arrived as a fifth-grader, having returned to Hawaii from four years in Indonesia with his mother. “He had a brown and white weird-design shirt, and just kind of stood there,” Ms. Edwards said. “I remember thinking, ‘Wow, there’s another black person here.’ ”

He was in elementaryschool when he pushed her......
www.nytimes.com...

Obama, by all accounts, was a habitual drug user in high school. He tried coc aine, he admits in Dreams From My Father; he “tried drugs enthusiastically.

Don't most do drugs in high school?

Report: Nearly Half of High School Students Using Drugs, Alcohol

www.foxnews.com...

During his high school years, Obama hung out with communist radical Frank Marshall Davis

I hung out with some political "radicals" too, so what? Good life experience, I try to understand everyones beliefs, as everyone should.

Anyway, Obama put these stories in his book? Why would he care? And why is breibart acting like they are "exposing" him from quoting his OWN book?

Who cares what they did as children and teens, seriously?
edit on 12-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Already a thread on this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yep.

Carseller4's thread is well along.

Obama was a high school bully, who pushed girls, abused drugs, and hanged out with Communists.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

How many more anti-Obama threads do you plan on starting?

I hope the next one actually has some solid points.

edit on 12-5-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

How many more anti-Obama threads do you plan on starting?

I hope the next one actually has some solid points.

I would guess hundreds

It may take That many to expose all the corruption (and corrupt people) Obama is and has been connected with.

edit on May-12-2012 by xuenchen because: Edit after Edit ... spell correction.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
So what? Obama did drugs in High School... As did most other people that I know. Not saying that I support the man, I despise him. But I don't really see what him doing drugs in High School has to do with anything.

Some of the richest, most influential people in the world were "drug users" when they were younger. Richard Branson, one of the richest men in the world, STILL smokes weed; I mean he apparently even asked for it at THE WHITE HOUSE when he was there in March...www.politico.com...

I mean he may have been joking about getting it at the white house but he still smokes.

So if you can do drugs in your youth (and even past then) and become filthy rich and one of the most powerful and influential people in the world, why does it even matter that you did them in the first place? It obviously didn't stop those people from attaining their goals...
edit on 5/12/2012 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

top topics

join