OMG Fukushima Mutated Turtles & Vegetables Across the US!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Sorry, no the meats are not spray painted red. That blood honey. Sometimes there is red coloring added to salmon and the package clearly states this, but our meats, no.
If sometimes the meat is redder on the outside ( In the case of chopped meat) well, thats supermarkets cheating you. They will take fresher redder meat and pack it around the older, less bloody meat so it makes a nice presentation in the meat case. Its not paint or coloring, its just fresher bloodier meat on the outside. Its legal and does not affect the quality of the meat it just makes if prettier.
If there was coloring added the packaging must say so. We have very strict labeling rules here.
edit on 12-5-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

From what I've heard, the penis peppers are actually a real strain of peppers, they are not mutated.

Things mutate anyway, like OP said, we are not going to see it in a supermarket.

There is no way to tell if these mutations were due to Fukushima...now...if we start seeing these monsters in the supermarket, we should then start to question the radiation factor.

I wonder if biologists are studying mutations around the world now. I'd love to see their results.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I encourage all newcomers to actually read my OP. This was a 'joke' of sorts pointing out that fruits and vegetables look weird naturally. The perfectly identical looking specimens everyone is so used to seeing is what is un-natural. Heirloom veggies often look odds shaped, and that some of the fun of growing them. That sliced tomato in the middle probably tastes better than any tomato you've ever eaten in your life. Read the thread!

That makes your thread title and the whole thread a troll/ hoax thread. If this was supposed to be a joke why did you put it in the crisis in Japan folder??? Perhaps you should edit your thread title so as to not alarm some simple folk who might think this is real.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IceFlower

I was actually wondering about that myself. As soon as I saw some of the more questionable images, I checked again to make sure it wasn't the joke forum. I usually avoid that one at all costs.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Sorry, no the meats are not spray painted red. That blood honey. Sometimes there is red coloring added to salmon and the package clearly states this, but our meats, no.
If sometimes the meat is redder on the outside ( In the case of chopped meat) well, thats supermarkets cheating you. They will take fresher redder meat and pack it around the older, less bloody meat so it makes a nice presentation in the meat case. Its not paint or coloring, its just fresher bloodier meat on the outside. Its legal and does not affect the quality of the meat it just makes if prettier.
If there was coloring added the packaging must say so. We have very strict labeling rules here.
edit on 12-5-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

You should really have a look at some docs about frood processing...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

It's only alarming if people DONT READ the OP. I think the thread makes a good point.

Also, it's an impromptu social experiment of sorts. If you ever had any doubts about how many members don't read anything but the title and the first couple posts, well now you know. So many members open a thread, read for two seconds, and reply. We are all guilty of it. Maybe it's in the wrong forum, but it's an informative thread. Veggies mutate naturally, and organic foods look funny, period.

Thanks for clearing up the red dye thing. S it's not dye it's blood? That makes sense, but it still modifies the color to make it appear ' more fresh'. If I'm misunderstanding this please clear it up for me.... I think I got it though. My uncle runs the DoD 32 street naval commissary meat department, so I just go by what he said. They spray meat to make it look appealing. I assumed it was a dye, but blood makes more sense.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I especially love the photos of the totally normal looking organic heirloom tomatoes. Mmm! Black Krim is my favorite!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

reply to post by karen61057

But the growing use of carbon monoxide as a "pigment fixative" is alarming consumer advocates and others who say it deceives shoppers who depend on color to help them avoid spoiled meat. Those critics are challenging the Food and Drug Administration and the nation's powerful meat industry, saying the agency violated its own rules by allowing the practice without a formal evaluation of its impact on consumer safety.

"This meat stays red and stays red and stays red," said Don Berdahl, vice president and laboratory director at Kalsec Foods in Kalamazoo, Mich., a maker of natural food extracts that has petitioned the FDA to ban the practice.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Here’s how it works: Immediately after an animal is slaughtered, their carcasses are subjected to roughly a minute of high-voltage shock treatment. The electricity pulses through the body causing the muscles to tense up (as if they were working out) and go through the process of glycolysis. In short, glycolysis converts glucose into ATP (muscle energy) and lactic acid. With plenty of ATP the meat dodges rigor mortis and stays tender.

Just as the electric stimulation helps lock in meaty tenderness by creating ATP, the lactic acid lowers the meat’s pH level. More acidic beef results in a cherry-red coloring that we Americans have grown so accustomed to. Darker meat is the result of higher pH (meaning it is more of a base than an acid). As a result, our meats are red, tender, and slow to age. What more could you possibly ask for?

marcussamuelsson.com...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Thank you,Real. That pretty much settles that.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It's quite obvious he just search "two headed turtle" on Google.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
HOAX is say. and this pic is going around. Here is the source:]
www.tv-asahi.co.jp...
Radiation does not do cool stuff, it just kills cells. The Hollywood mutation thing is wrong. no superpowers.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

And no one yet has refered to you as any of those...but you are guilty as many others of not reading the entire post as written by the OP. It states exactly what you are saying and then some. I saw the other thread about not ever being able to love again because of Fukushima...really...tears of laughter not fear came from my eyes...here is a very intresting site about Chernobyl...a disater the same as Fukushima but look at it today...25 years later...wildlife thrives and so does plant life. Not everything is good of course but its back from the same death that lots are saying about Fukushima.

www.kiddofspeed.com...

Not going to say that all is well...of course not but no problems are being felt in the USA from Fukushima...precautions have been taken but a normal dose of radiation in any city is 10-12 microtegens an hour and the ocean where lots of the water is draining will dilute it enough to make it benign.

Relax and enjoy life...especially now that we know the Mayan calender did not end !

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
That was incredibly lame.

Way to lie in the headline.
This thread should be put in the HOAX bin.

The headline clearly says "OMG Fukushima Mutated..." and then proceeds to show a few dozen photos.
Then under that, in the small print, it says "Oh I was BSing ya, these are just normal instances".

What a crock.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

F&S

some here take themselves too seriously
and thus fail to get the joke

Fukushima is a joke?

Wow. I guess Exxon, BP, Shell, etc is a joke to huh? Haha.

Watching the world get polluted is SO FUNNY.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Fushima isn't a joke, the joke is that none of these are mutated foods, yet people still love too jump to the worst possible conclusion they can come to.

Also, what's so wrong about laughing at the worlds problems? If you can't laugh about even the bad things your life is going to end up a miserable mess. There are so many things wrong with the world, including the tragedy that is still unfolding at Fukushima.

I guess what I'm trying to say.... Is lighten up a little.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Hmm. If I were to guess that battleship you use as your avatar was used defending the oil exploits of Exxon, BP, Shell etc.

And last I heard large ships were some of the worst polluters in the world.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
That makes your thread title and the whole thread a troll/ hoax thread. If this was supposed to be a joke why did you put it in the crisis in Japan folder??? Perhaps you should edit your thread title so as to not alarm some simple folk who might think this is real.

There's such a constant flow of these sorts of threads over the past year, which I'd bet most of them make front page ATS "news", that my lil' thread here is like a drop in the bucket. I immediately had answers to that video I posted when I saw it the other day in the other thread, and I'd bet if I actually went and looked at the others like it there are plenty of other answers than just Fukushima. And I'm no super duper all world expert I just have a good memory and know a bunch of stuff from experience.

The world is a huge place with all sorts of natural (and unnatural) phenomena. There must be trillions of creatures out there between land / sea / air, and if you go out looking to prove something between Eurasia / the Pacific / North America you can bet you can find "oddities" that one might say "see, see, I told you that would happen".

Oh, and a HOAX would be if I grew a bunch of heirloom vegetables and then got a geiger counter and tweeked it so as to give false readings to then make a fake video showing the 'irradiated' "mutant" vegetables settings off the alarm. I recall some very clear instances of this sort of thing during the BP spill. In one case they dumped a jug of Simple Green into a pool and had the water tested to they could then sue BP for some supposed skin rash. The main chemical in it is what was in the Corexit adn that was their claim that it was raining corexit in Florida yet nobody else anywhere in the penninsula reported any other problems. I knew it was a lie as I've had nearly my entire arms completely submerged in almost pure Simple Green about 500 times, and have had it spash onto my face skin even countless times without any irriatation. And wow did that thread go front page super nova on ATS and rage on for days as the ultimate proof Corexit was destroying the world starting with FLorida.
edit on 12-5-2012 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-5-2012 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The third turtle down the photo was first posted on the internet in 2008 a long time before Fukushima
Tineye can be your friend.

Two photos below that this photo was first posted in 2009 before Fukushima
i1101.photobucket.com...

this photo is not even of a mutated vegetable.
i1101.photobucket.com...
www.pbs.org...

This photo also predates and is not a mutated vegetable.
just1acre.blogspot.com...
i1101.photobucket.com...

There are others that predate or are normal heirloom tomatoes and not mutated,
just because they don't look like vegetables sold in store does not mean that are mutated

Carrots like these are not mutations they are normal.
i1101.photobucket.com...
If you grow carrots in soil that is not conductive to carrots you get malformed carrots
These are from growing in compacted soil that was not tilled deep enough

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Hmm. If I were to guess that battleship you use as your avatar was used defending the oil exploits of Exxon, BP, Shell etc.

And last I heard large ships were some of the worst polluters in the world.

So you judge me by my avatar?

What about yours? Are you just a robot repeating what you are programmed to say?

See, judging people by the cover of the avatar is totally ignorant and irrational.
That's why we should avoid making personal attacks based on totally irrelevant factors like say, someone's avatar?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Saw a video with a General Bert and he says anyone that is in the know is moving down to the Southern Hemisphere and that the Northern Hemisphere is gone.

Strawberries in California have higher rads then normal.

What people don't see, smell, taste or hear they dismiss.

Radiation is a silent killer and it will alter your DNA on a chromosome level until scientists figure a way to repair it.

Video below is interesting because this guy was there. Some interesting comments.

Radiation map according to wind and water currents.

PA is even affected.

Maj. Gen. Albert N. Stubblebine (US Army ret) Personal Fukushima Estimate of Situation

The above is FYI. Most people, again, because they don't see or smell radiation have no conception of it's true ramifications.

Below is Chenobyl's legacy - When are we going to learn that nuclear energy is not safe nor "clean".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join