It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Magic, Witch Craft, Tattoo Voodoo Just Happened Too Me!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NewerBeing

The problem I see here, is that almost any symbol you choose cannot have a definite reaction, because every symbol represents a different thing to whomever is witnessing it.

Take the inverted cross as an example. If a fundamentalist Evangelical Christian witnessed this symbol, they would no doubt proclaim it induced behavior akin to Satanism in the individual. However, any actual study of the symbolism behind the inverted cross, done with intelligence instead of fear-mongering, would uncover the true traditional usage: the Cross of St. Peter, who was crucified upside down.

I would be interested to hear your take on what type of metaphysical effect an inverted cross would have upon an individual. Would it invoke rebellion and barbarism, contaminating the soul; as per the traditions of Spiritual and Theistic Satanism... or would it invoke piety, humility, honor, and righteousness; as per the tradition of St. Peter?

How would you justify the answer that you gave? Surely it would be "based on the individual," which would imply a subjective, not objective correlation. An individual with spiritual leanings toward Satanism could therefore wear a crucifix tattoo, and still demonstrate behavior in opposition to Christian teachings.

Likewise, the pentagram is heavily shunned as a heathen, Satanic, pagan, and devil-worshipers symbol. However, the metaphysical uses of this symbol are quite numerous.

In ancient Mesopotamian cultures it represented, first the HUB pictograph meaning "a corner;" and secondly, the feminine powers of mother goddesses like Inanna and Ninhursag.

In Greek spirituality the pentagram represented the unification of the five Platonic elements: Aether, Fire, Water, Air, Earth. Additionally, it was a symbol of the Morning Star, goddess of love, and representation of Venus; Aphrodite.

To the Chaldean magicians it was a symbol or protection and unity with the godhead through the use of the Spirit of God, and the four Holy Archangels: Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Auriel.

In modern theosophy it represents the mastery of Spirit over matter; the balance of the Higher Self, and the animal self through mastery of the elemental powers present throughout nature.

In Theistic Satanism it represents carnal hedonism over spiritual minimalism; the pursuit of worldly pleasure and success, over fraudulent spiritual philosophies about post-life rewards.

To Christians themselves it represents the wounds of Christ on the cross: 2 nails in the wrists, 2 nails through his feet, and the lance wound on his chest. In Celtic Christian literature the pentacle also represents the five virtues as demonstrated by Sir Gawain. Additionally, to Qabalist it represents the invocation of Y.H.V.H. and I.N.R.I.; the Tetragrammaton, with the addition of the Holy Spirit.

There are countless other pentagram, or pentacle, meanings as well. All of them carrying an astral or metaphysical charge. How could a universal current be effected through the inking of a pentacle of pentagram, when it has such diverse, and often opposite, meanings?

I'm sorry to say, but I think the potency of a symbol comes from the viewer, and their own noosphere. Not from the act of tattooing a symbol. What happened to your hand was most likely a reaction to you having lathered it in ink. Any type of ink, whether tattooed, applied during henna, or just scrawled on with a marker, will effect the skin in some small, or significant way.

That's all that happened to you.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I think the power of the human mind is far greater than what we think it is. I also believe symbols on one's body do effect us.

I think you called it right off Des. Which is not surprising, considering your understanding of this type of thing.
I agree with you. We are very capable beings once we know how to operate the tools we were born with.
I believe tattoos have an effect on the person sporting them, just as all symbols in this world do. But I think the effect comes from the intention behind the symbol. And ancient symbols have a cumulative effect.

edit on 5/12/2012 by Klassified because: redaction

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The Human Mind.

It's interesting that people like to blame a lot of the things on the human mind. People like to say how the human mind can trick you. The human mind is what controls all this. If all humans as a collective were to believe in the occult then this would very much be real. Sadly, we don't, we believe in fiat notes. When America was "discovered", the indigenous people of that time tried to show the pilgrims their spirituality and how they live, what's real for them, but they couldn't understand. If you don't come from a place of understanding then how can something be real for you? The pilgrims can't say that what the aboriginals experienced weren't real when they have been living like that for their whole lives.

In modern times, hardly anyone focuses on the metaphysics of things anymore. So, how can one say that it isn't real when you don't come from that place of understanding. The human mind is that great where you can take something that's very much real, and make it unreal, to the point where it just doesn't have effect on you anymore.

Take placebos for instance, you can't deny that the placebo effect does work. There's proof. Yet, we also know that they are just sugar pills. So, how great is the human mind, when someone can take a sugar pill and actually get cured? The person would have still been sick if they hadn't taken it, but since the person truly believed that the pill would have done something, they came out with results.

So, if one person were to not take tattooing seriously, then that would be reality for them. I on the other hand, had intentions for the Pi symbol I put on my hand. And something out of the ordinary happened. You can't say its all in the mind cause if that was the case, it can happen to you to. It was very much real, just as real as someone curing their illness with a sugar pill.
edit on 12-5-2012 by NewerBeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius

It does look cool though when its outlined in red

my body gets rid of red ink.Both my tattoos have lost the red ink,
and before it went it used to raise up.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I believe it is more the intention and the bonds between the design, artist, and individual that makes the message. I do believe putting a symbol on ones own body that is not fully understood can have an odd or mystical impact. However, I also believe that if some one selects an image that has no meaning but the event is to be remembered the image will have no bearing.

I have multiple tattoos and each one has a very special meaning and were done at special times. Mine inspire me because I know why I got each one and what each one represents. Perhaps it is more the situation that harbors meaning rather than the actual art. Like a tattoo received when angry and down on life may mean less then one done during an inspirational peak in life. But hey I mean if some crazy psycho having a bad day does your tattoo and the whole time is thinking how much they don't want to do it I believe energies can be infused in to the art.

I think your experiment writing Pi on your hand may be the same as reading ones horoscope in the morning you prepared for a response of some kind. Try having someone draw something small near the base of your back or on your shoulder where you can not see it. Wait a few hours and then see how your day went. After look at what they drew to see if it matches with your daily outcome.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by UdderlyInsane

Sounds like fun. I will try that today and get back to you guys later tonight on how it went down. I just need to find some occult symbols that have deep meanings to them and make a friend pick one at random to draw for me, without me knowing of course.

If anyone is an expert on these occult symbols, would you mind telling me if any of these have any deeper meanings to them.

Actually, I've decided to have one of these symbols picked and drawn on by my friend symboldictionary.net...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NewerBeing

Here is what really happened, because it happens to me all the time and I actually had to have surgery to correct it.

When you sit on your computer your elbow sits on your chair arms or on your desk. There is a nerve that runs through your elbow called the Ulnar nerve. It usually sits in a little hollow in your elbow but not always, and runs all the way down to your ring finger. When you are in that position that nerve gets cut off/blocked by the pressure and causes the arm below your elbow to go numb.

Once you get up from your computer (to wash off your ink tattoo) the nerve is no longer blocked/cut off and the feeling comes back to your arm/hand.

I bet 50% of people on ATS have this issue while cruising the internet. I can't believe no one else has pointed it out yet.

*edit* After rereading your post I am certain this is what actually happened, although i doubt you will go with it because symbolism effecting your arm is much funner to believe.
edit on 5/12/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Isn't funny the different ways the body rejects our modifications

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Stellar point Mr. Sputnik! The thought would never have crossed my mind. Pretty sharp

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The thing to remember is that most people can go off to whsmiths and buy the massproduced tarot cards and nothing much will happen. But in others they have much more power and can be like a nuclear bomb next to a handgrenade. Personally why would anyone want to put any tattoo on them that they do not know what it means: or that means anything magical. I mean you can throw away stuff but not a tattoo.
edit on 18-3-2013 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I am going right now to get a tattoo of $$$$$$

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Hi Des,would that be the Triquetra? I have one on my left upper arm. It's what felt right, seemed to " call out" to me. And a wolf head on my right upper arm because i' ve always been obsessed with wolves,since childhood.And also the toenail on my left smallest toe looks canine, not human.
So that too very much felt like the natural choice.

There was a period, long after i had the triquetra done, when it would tingle or felt "alive"

Idk what that means,both tattoos were done by a mystic who is also a Wiccan witch. We had a falling-out and are not on speaking terms anymore,sadly-my fault, not hers,btw. But the falling-out came long after the tingling alive feeling of the Triquetra.Besides, she never struck me as the "cursing kind",and seems to have lost her way ,beconing preoccupied with money and materialism.

edit on 4-2-2016 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Medicator
I am going right now to get a tattoo of $$$$$$

Don't waste money on that.

Just wait for the old world economy to collapse. Then the new world order will ask you if you want to sell your soul to the devil for a billion new world currency credits.

If you say 'yes please', they will stamp a barcode on your forehead giving you instant money - for free. It will only cost your soul.

[EDIT]This is why the elite have made everyone poor. This way almost everyone will sell their soul in less than a day[/EDIT]
edit on 4-2-2016 by Rapha because: Addon

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I believe the OP
when I see large/multiple tattoos in an exposed area(arm, neck, head) of something irrelevant like a fairy, rose, butterfly, dog, lion, etc I know that their IQ has shifted a few points towards that species direction.

I have a large obvious 7 scar on the top of my right hand from a snowmobile accident when I was 14. Does this mean I cannot get the mark of beast on my hand as it has already god's number?!?!? lol.

I am a fan of this thread, it keeps making me laugh.
edit on 4-2-2016 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Thank You for the laugh too,jellyrev
!

I have a wolf on my arm,and when i look at the general apparent iq of so many people today,on social media,celebrity worship,all kinds of utter inanity and mediocrity becoming the rewarded norm, including the iq our political leaders- then considering my iq gravitating to the iq of a wolf is a Huge compliment
! Shows i'm still well ahead of the pack,pardon the pun

Wish you a lovely weekend,many Blessings
!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join