It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAYAN CALENDAR FIND CANCELS DOOMSDAY THEORY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
First time posting here on ATS, so please forgive me if I get this wrong, or this article has already been discussed or opened somewhere on here prior, but I thought this was an interesting piece of news that I just found this morning in the NZ Herald.

In short, scientists/geologists have discovered a small room underneath some Mayan ruins in Guatemala, where Mayan astronomers kept extremely detailed and intricate records of astrological movements/events etc and information pertaining to their 'calendar'... all done apparently by Royal Scribes, based on some of the features of the room that differ from what would be expected if it was used by the general populous.

What's being touted here as significant is the fact that many of the records and calculations found on the walls, show a time-span of some 6,000 years and this time-line reaches much further out than December 2012.

Check it out. I'm sure there's going to be some rather alarmed 'experts' and 'Documentary Producers for the History Channel' with egg on their faces! lol

www.nzherald.co.nz...

in case I mucked up the url, copy and paste this one: www.nzherald.co.nz...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Already being discussed on another thread,
This is another cycle they found, the current one still ends on Dec 21st 2012.
The only people who claimed it was the end of the world are not even mayan, so...

The mayans never claimed the end of the world,
The end of an era,
And the start of a new one. 'A new beginning', which many still hope for.

Some of us may go crazy if a new beginning is not coming

edit on 11/5/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Please add to existing thread : here

join