It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to put too much parmesan cheese on the things that it goes with?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
IS there an upper limit for parmasean cheese on things like red-sauce spaghetti, pizza, etc.?

Cause if there is, I'm not seeing it. The word "more" seems to go with parmesan pretty much all the time.

Silent thunder,

All parmesan, all the time.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

never.. i put it on EVERYTHING...the only drawback i've found is it sticks to your fork when you eat it on pasta

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

In short?

No. There is no limit to the positive culinary benefits of parmesan cheese

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
as much as you want and you still like it, it's all good.

there are some recipes that you would not want to use too much, like alfredo sauce. Things like that, balance is key...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Just enough to soak up the grease,but not so much to dry it all out.
And it also depends on what kind of parmesan cheese you use.
Try some romano also.
edit on 11-5-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
There is no limit on parmesan cheese, either in quantity or uses. Try it on french onion soup and put some on the toasted garlic bread you have with the soup too.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
that depends on whether you are putting it on your plate or in the whole recipe.be carefull cooking with enormus amounts because it can foul up your dinner, but on your own plate, season to taste. also,as the above poster said try some romano cheese as well, bet you like it. Also Carrabba's kicks Olive Gardens butt!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Also try fresh parm instead of the powdered stuff.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
that depends on whether you are putting it on your plate or in the whole recipe.be carefull cooking with enormus amounts because it can foul up your dinner, but on your own plate, season to taste. also,as the above poster said try some romano cheese as well, bet you like it. Also Carrabba's kicks Olive Gardens butt!

Olive garden sucks.
Carrabbas is good,,but my stuff trumps them all!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I don't really think so! Aged Grated Parmesan cheese is one of my wife and I's favorite things, we eat in on many things. Like just tonight, she fixed me a big plate of spaghetti, and I of course drowned it in Parmesan. Sometime I just shake some out in my hand, and eat it like that! Good stuff, food of the Gods.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Well, I'd guess if you ate more than your stomach could contain, you'd rupture yourself and die. So there IS a potential limit

Also, are you talking fresh or that god awful packaged grated already stuff.

!! that is important!!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Ahhh...the Parmesan...smells like yuck, but tastes like the gods!(funny, aint it?)

How can you ever have too much??

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I have to admit I've done that as well,with parm and with romano

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Parmesan has a too strong taste. Personally i prefer Grana Padano, it isn't as strong in taste, so you can put a big load of it on the food, give it a minute to melt abit and it's just perfect

There can never be too much cheese in anything. One of my favourite dishes in Winter is Cheese Fondue, god bless the swiss for inventing it

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

In my opinion, no you can never have too much Parmesan Cheese ever.

Now a good recipe with Parmesan Cheese.

Take one package of bow tie pasta - I like the veggie different colored ones, white, dark red, green, orange Wacky Mac Veggie Bows 12 oz package
Take one package of Hillshire Farm Deli Select Smoked ham ultra Thin 97% Fat Free no artificial flavors - 9 oz. Red plastic top container (container can be reused instead of buying glad containers)
1 big triagle of Parmesan cheese at least 5 oz. (You will have to grate this yourself)
A bunch of fresh spinach

Boil and drain really well, I use a colander and then drain the bow ties on a clean towel, to remove all water.

chop up / cut ham to bite size

wash spinach with cold water and dry on another towel, real well

grate cheese

Mix all together in a really really big bowl (I have a big stainless steel bowl I use) - sometimes I use about 7-9 oz of Parmesan Cheese cause you cannot put too much parmesan cheese on the things it goes with

Then put into a plastic container with a lid. A big plastic glad container or a big plastic cake container.

Now, you can heat it by the bowl or eat cold.

If you nuke a soup bowl full don't over nuke it. Doesn't need to be real hot or bake. I like it cold in the summer and nuke it slightly till the cheese is soft in the winter.

Makes a lot - enough for a party but no matter how much I make, it's all gone in a day and a half.

edit on 17-6-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

And it's a bugger to wash.

If it sticks to your fork that bad it must really clog the arteries.................oh well, worse ways to go.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always got three four triangles in the cheese drawer.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Absolutely nothing like Parmesan Cheese.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have parmesan cheese on bake potatoes, raw potatoes with salt on them, stir-fry and eggs.
So, I don't think it is possible to have to much parmesan cheese on something.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I'm pretty in love with Parmesan cheese. I love it in salads and my throw together pasta as I call it. I make it a lot when we're running low on groceries and money. Cook any kind of pasta. Put about a tbs or so of olive oil in a pan, or double it like me because I could practically drink the stuff, match the amount with butter and let it melt. Add fresh minced garlic, mushrooms, salt and fresh pepper. Sautee the garlic and mushrooms till yummy and toss it with the pasta. Then dump a bunch of parm in the mix. It soaks up the olive oil which is pretty great.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join