It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nosy exam question asks 3rd graders to reveal a "secret". Parents outraged.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Well, its indeed a small 3000 people community and there is one elementary school, where we live.
What my daughter wrote is not a secret in any way. But there were other parents, I dont know about them, but they sure had their reasons to be mad.
I do think its a nosey (had to use a dictionary for that :@@
teacher. Not any kind of data collection from our government. It´s really bold as brass to demand something like that from the kids. I hate the teacher for that.
Just for snooping. Kind of Blockwart style type is this one.

Not sure which post of mine you are replying to, I'm going to assume it's about the original question, if not, please let me know.
Regardless of how nosey it was or who was upset or whatever else, remember, the teacher didn't make the test that they're talking about in the thread so it's not the teacher's fault at all. Don't hate him/her.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

If you go back to my reply, you can click on your username. This will bring you to your post that I was answering.

As you were reffering to my situation, of course I talked about my daughters teacher (wich was the same one that let my son write about the meal). In this case, it wasn´t a test from the state but he checked for grammar. No marks either but its about him snooping. He is this kind of type.

Back to topic:
I agree that it wasn´t a spy thing from the state (in my situation)
I also can imagine, after reading it from another user (the amazing motivation avatar), that the second question "why is it important to have secrets" may be a trigger for the "right" answer on the first question ("its a secret").

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

I,m in total agreement, i think school should be like our jobs, you keep your personal life at home, and your work/school life at work/school.

And what a horrible way to get kids to write...i mean if a teacher cant be more creative in getting kids to write other than getting kids to reveal more about their homelives, rather than setting up a creative scenario, then its the teachers lack of creativity that is "stunting" the kids writing abilities, then maybe they should find another career.

This is almost as bad as a teacher teaching for 30 years, and being so bored with it that they get impatient if a child doesnt understand...pathetic !

<< 8  9  10   >>

join