It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Both the Tea Party and OWS are considered a big joke.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So why do I hear people calling for another revolution?

If you followed the Tea Party and OWS like I did. You first saw positive things about them in the media. Eventually the steam ran out or people just simply gave up! Now, depending on who you talk to, both OWS and the Tea Party are huge jokes and you even get a snicker or two if you mention either one of these groups.

So, I wonder, if we keep on having these stupid revolutions, will people just suddenly get tired of them, because each time, its a big media event that doesn't really accomplish much? Or just falls in line with the status quo. Are Americans that lazy that we don't really want change, like so many and our current President, believes?

I'll say this, most Americans love comfort. Most Americans do not care. Most Americans, simply just want to get by and live life. They have little time, for what goes on in Washington or half way around the world.
edit on 11-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This is just my observation.

But from what I have seen in the MSM. The Tea Party has been hijacked by the Republicans. OWS has been hijacked by the Democrats.

Whether or not the participants are aware of this, I don't know. But I think think each side sees the other "movement" as being a creature of the opposing party.

Effectively cancelling out and marginalizing each other.

I think both groups know something has gone terribly wrong, but have not quite reached the point of recognizing the problem.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Sure thing, man. I did like the fellow who did the Thomas Paine impersonation at the Tea Party rallies.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
This is just my observation.

But from what I have seen in the MSM. The Tea Party has been hijacked by the Republicans. OWS has been hijacked by the Democrats.

Whether or not the participants are aware of this, I don't know. But I think think each side sees the other "movement" as being a creature of the opposing party.

Effectively cancelling out and marginalizing each other.

I think both groups know something has gone terribly wrong, but have not quite reached the point of recognizing the problem.

Yeah it's funny, but I don't think the Tea Party was meant to bring us all together, just to get conservative republicans in power. OWS was just liberals whining like they always do. Except this time, they found all the People that Obama left unemployed!!!!

OWS wanted and tried to bring together all the homeless/poor people?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Your perception is your reality. But what evidence do you have that your reality is the same as a voting majority of other citizens?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think Americans have been asleep way too long......

A revolution (from the Latin revolutio, "a turn around") is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time. Aristotle described two types of political revolution:

Complete change from one constitution to another.
Modification of an existing constitution.

Revolution

Do we need a revolution?

That depends on what the American people want. I would think that a "revolution" now,would equate to violence. Like you said,people are content. So I think,"revolution",is not in the equation right now,and a violent one,isn't needed . What we need is Liberals,and Conservatives,so called Republican's,and Democrat's,those who are still playing into the two party system,to band together,march on DC,in the millions,and demand.........

CHANGE.

We don't need to label the group. If we do,it needs to be just "Average Americans,that are sick and tired,of what our Government is doing,and how its running the Country." We need everyone that can vote,to vote EVERYONE that is in,OUT,without falling for the trappings,we have been falling for,the whole time.That's my take on it. OWS and the Tea Party,has been hijacked by special interests.
edit on 11-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
OWS was just the Establishments response to the tea party.... now they just don't talk about either... just like Ron Paul the Establishment chooses to ignore it and hope it goes away...

The tea party is actually unseating establishment people in the senate and will do more..

I do believe that it has been become highjacked as well..

Failed thread. Should be under Rants

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
OWS and the Tea Party,has been hijacked by special interests.

True but the problem with your scenario, is...What happens when the new revolution gets hijacked by special interests? There will always be some connection somewhere, some dirty tricks, some fundraising connection, something that will make people start to question the movement and draw their own conclusions. In this polarized world nobody is neutral. I try to be neutral a lot, but alas I am a centrist Republican and even I cannot escape labels, but at least I know who I am and at least I can be happy in life and just live the best I can.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
OWS was just the Establishments response to the tea party.... now they just don't talk about either... just like Ron Paul the Establishment chooses to ignore it and hope it goes away...

The tea party is actually unseating establishment people in the senate and will do more..

I do believe that it has been become highjacked as well..

Failed thread. Should be under Rants

Um..I think failed post on your part since you just basically repeated everything I said.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by sonnny1
OWS and the Tea Party,has been hijacked by special interests.

True but the problem with your scenario, is...What happens when the new revolution gets hijacked by special interests? There will always be some connection somewhere, some dirty tricks, some fundraising connection, something that will make people start to question the movement and draw their own conclusions. In this polarized world nobody is neutral. I try to be neutral a lot, but alas I am a centrist Republican and even I cannot escape labels, but at least I know who I am and at least I can be happy in life and just live the best I can.

Well......People need to wake up spiritually first (Not religiously). They need to leave materialism,out of the equation. When you make a choice to vote,or to march,or to see those who have made this country,into the very thing,you cant stand right now,you have to pick the battle,and no matter what,live with the decision,regardless if someone is offering you money,or power,or a position,that will make your life,better for you,but not the guy,sitting next to you . That,my friend,is the thing,I don't see happening. Its called SACRIFICE. Americans have lost their way. BTW, I know who you want to vote for,and that in itself,is the continuation,of keeping the Status quo,alive and well. Keep playing into it,and you will NEVER have the change,you desire.

new topics

top topics

join