It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music That You KNOW Has A Secret Meaning! Add Your Thought, and Music.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So Im listening to my music, and I hear a song that is quite old but I know all the words, and started to really think about the meaning, or try to at least. There are lots of songs that have this kind of mystical wording that most didn't really pay attention to when they first heard it, but now think hmmmmm.........

Share the music, or songs that you think have a much more esoteric, mystical, or even a prophetic theme, and your analysis.

Here is the song I was listening too.

Mr. Mister - Broken Wings (Lyrics)

I think that the song talks of 2 beings (you can choose what to call them), and them trying to figure a way together to go back to where they came from.

"Take these broken wings, and learn to fly again, learn to live so free.
And when we hear the voices sing,
the book of love will open up and let us in."

"We can take what was wrong and make it right.
All I know is that your half of the flesh,
And blood that makes me whole."

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Jesus Jones - "Right Here Right Now"

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Word of Mouth - Raise Your Voices

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think that this is yet again another song about love. It sounds like the man in the relationship was dumped for a reason that eludes him. We can understand this when he asks:

"Baby, don't understand Why we can't just hold on to each other's hands?"

He stresses that this is the last chance to "make it all too clear" that he "needs you[her] so".

We know he speaks of love when he asks to take his "broken wings" which is an analogy for his broken heart to lean to love again and since a heart is for loving the analogy is that wings are for flying, hence:"learn to fly again". Flying is associated with being free as opposed to his position which is like a prison to him which he states when he says: "learn to be so free".

I am pretty sure it's about love.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

I think that the song talks of 2 beings (you can choose what to call them), and them trying to figure a way together to go back to where they came from.

I always got the same thing, kind of, out that one too.

I took it to mean two people that are "broken" in their own way, finding each other somehow, recognizing that they can both kind of "heal" each other and find love going down that particular road.

This one I'm posting is pretty obvious. On one level.

Besides physical death though, you can also look at it like someone hitting rock bottom. Physically, spiritually, and emotionally. They're done. They're dead. Then something happens that gives them a moment of clarity. Something inside them wakes up and makes them feel like they're born again. Like they're in the arms of the angels. Angels are supposed to have wings, right? Kind of falls in line with the Mister Mister song.

The first time I heard it though I couldn't help but immediately think of "Bridge over troubled water". It has the same feel to it.

And if you want to keep going down that road:

"Help me through the night" I take as "Help me through this tough time I'm going through right now". Fix my "Broken Wings" if you will. If you listen close you can hear something very personal about the man who wrote it. It's one of the most honest songs I've ever heard.

This is what they call abstract art. Every person can take something different out of it. Bernie Taupin for example was a master of that kind of writing. Saying things without actually coming right out and saying them.

The mark of a shy man if I ever did see one.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

ærɐ de ɐnge̞licʉm ortʌs grɐndis mɐrchio e̞cce dʉctio le̞gio pɐtriæ

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'll explain it tomorrow

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
This thread maybe of interest to you. It's about Stairway to Heaven www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Okay, where was I.

On one hand it's self explanatory. "Lie to me"......."Let me down easy" Same thing here.

It gets deep, spiritual if you will, if you look at the reason you have to lie in the first place. Honesty is usually associated with being nice. Doing the right thing. And if what goes around comes around, nice things will happen to you as a result. And if you keep doing it year after year, living that way, you'll find yourself "above the fray" so to speak. Not that you're better then everyone else, you're just on a different level.

But this life being what it is sometimes, hard and dirty, the truth can really hurt. Bad. Lies can be necessary evils to save people from the truth. Someone asked me one time if I would ever lie to them. And I responded with the truth by saying "Only to protect you from the truth."

As strange as it may sound, sometimes lying to a person is the nicest thing you can do for them. And that in turn, can have the same effect as telling the truth in situations that aren't so drastic. In situations where the truth is the right thing to do.

It brings to mind this song:

Basically, if you're the type of person who thinks the "Devil" is a bad guy, you're going to hate yourself in the morning when you have to play devils advocate and Lie to someone to save them from the truth.

Do yourself a favor and admit that you need him. It makes dealing with him less of a hassle.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well, this one certainly has meaning. It's only "secret" in the sense that it's very poetic and therefore subject to interpretation.

I'm pretty sure it's about the cultural upheavals in the 60's.

new topics

top topics

join