It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists explore the physics behind NOT spilling coffee

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
You all may think this is crazy, but the easiest way not to spill a cup of coffee, water or anything really is don't look at it. Don't look at it, just walk.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
OMG who would waste money doing a study like this? Spills happen people just have to accept that... I know it can be hard but you will get through it, we all get a little complacent sometimes and spill the coffee but sometimes bad things happen to good people and its not your fault you just have to find the strength to carry on.

Thank you for the wise words, I will do my best to carry on bit by bit everyday.

edit on 11-5-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Nite_wing
How much would it cost to fund a study on how not to pass flatulence when one bends over?

OH gosh you guys are on a roll tonight

You're gonna give a Physicist an idea to start testing the "rolls" that go with the coffee.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

I drink tea, tea drinkers do not spill their tea, and I have my mug filled to the very tippy top, now that is a study they should undertake, why tea drinkers have better balance.
weirdos

I sometimes drink several teas a day, and I almost always at some point spill a bit of tea, the worst is when I carefully take the teabag out of my mug and it falls back in with a big splash ARRGH! or while carrying the mug my elbow hits the damn wall and I spill tea everywhere!

It's a nightmare I tell you! A nightmare!!

let me share a story with you...

This is really hard to share with people as it is painful...

I was only 5 years old, I had a cup of tea (It was really hot), I took this biscuit and dipped it into my tea. First bite was like liquid sunshine, second just as good but I listened to my father say "DIP THAT BISCUIT SON!" and I went overboard and dipped that bas*** into my tea. It snapped and fell into my cup.

Never again, just....Never again.

Still cannot even begin to describe the anxiety.

By the way, this is only the tea stuff, the coffee stuff you would not even believe!
edit on 11-5-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

they will make a boring safety video and sell it to every corporation and risk-manager in the world, and then start doing seminars!

Yesssssssssss, and college courses.

edit on 093131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
You all may think this is crazy, but the easiest way not to spill a cup of coffee, water or anything really is don't look at it. Don't look at it, just walk.

That's only because you don't see you are spilling it.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

That's only because you don't see you are spilling it.

He is yet to awaken fully.

He/she just does not get it.

I wish I could explain but were crossing over to the 15th dimension, its just the way it is mate.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I have ghost holes in all of my travel mugs. They aren't wet on the outside, there are no visible leaks, and I can lay them almost all the way over without a drop spilling, but every morning I have a few mysterious coffee spots on my pressed shirts near my right collar bone. It is a mystery of science. If I wear a t-shirt or a jacket, or take the lid off and drink sloppily, I am fine. But if I wear a nice starched and pressed shirt, and I grab a travel mug with a lid, spots mysteriously appear. On some mornings, I'm not even sure I have taken a drink from the mug, but the spots appear anyway!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

I was only 5 years old, I had a cup of tea (It was really hot), I took this biscuit and dipped it into my tea. First bite was like liquid sunshine, second just as good but I listened to my father say "DIP THAT BISCUIT SON!" and I went overboard and dipped that bas*** into my tea. It snapped and fell into my cup.

I can relate (but I was 10 years old), the worst part is drinking all that biscuit at the bottom accidently! The nightmare will never stop.

Thank god for scientific research, one day we will all understand not only how not to spill tea, but how to carefully time biscuit dipping, so that no child will ever have to experience such horror again!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hang on you two, I gotta go put my boots on.
edit on 093131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This study is sooooo dumb, and incorrect. It's the cerebellum that controls this. It controls balance and other body movements. In fact, if we didn't interfere, the cerebellum is able to maintain perfect control and balance every time.
Ever notice that when you try really hard not to spill something it sloshes all over the place? Try just walking and pay no attention to your drink. You'll see, you won't spill a drop.

What a total waste of money. Did the taxpayers fund this? Probably.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I can relate (but I was 10 years old), the worst part is drinking all that biscuit at the bottom accidently! The nightmare will never stop.

Thank god for scientific research, one day we will all understand not only how not to spill tea, but how to carefully time biscuit dipping, so that no child will ever have to experience such horror again!

I have had similar biscuit related trauma. One time I was eating a biscuit, the last one no less, and it fell into my orange juice. It was horrible.

We should start a group so that we, and others, can finally move past these terrible experiences.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
This study is sooooo dumb, and incorrect. It's the cerebellum that controls this. It controls balance and other body movements. In fact, if we didn't interfere, the cerebellum is able to maintain perfect control and balance every time.
Ever notice that when you try really hard not to spill something it sloshes all over the place? Try just walking and pay no attention to your drink. You'll see, you won't spill a drop.

What a total waste of money. Did the taxpayers fund this? Probably.

Disinfo agent for sure here.

This is the stuff the Gov wants you to believe.

Something smells of spillage.
edit on 11-5-2012 by XXXN3O because:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

I have had similar biscuit related trauma. One time I was eating a biscuit, the last one no less, and it fell into my orange juice. It was horrible.

We should start a group so that we, and others, can finally move past these terrible experiences.

I have yet to try le biscuit l'orange.

Sounds inviting

I give up, my ribs are too sore now.
edit on 11-5-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I've tried that, but I swear my cat always seems like he's trying to trip me up!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

They do don't they?
Sometimes I felt they were trying to kill me.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

They do don't they?

OMG, who knew that the spilling of coffee had such an adverse effect on humanity.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

They do don't they?

OMG, who knew that the spilling of coffee had such an adverse effect on humanity.

C'mon man, get with the script.

How do you think the stock market works??

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

They do don't they?

Is this a trick question?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

They do don't they?

Is this a trick question?

Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids.
edit on 11-5-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join