It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a supply of ramen noodles in your prep stores?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Since college I have mixed Ramen noodles with rice a roni in a frying pan and added onions and whatever meat was leftover in the fridge. Right before it's done I drizzle 2 egg whites into the pan and top with teriyaki glaze.

Super cheap pan of food that feeds 4 college age men.

Chow Mein noodles and cashews have been added to stretch it out and it's even better.

I drain the noodles of course.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I love noodles!

You sir are a star! I live watching how every day items are made and this post is smashing!

Noodles FTW!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
nice thread and you are right , the NONG SHIM ramen are the best, just not the shin bowl...

i remember these used to be 10.00 for a box of 20...
stuff is so good with egg rolls and using Steak'ems or some other "philly" style meat in them...

i always keep a pack in the USK

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I must say, instant ramen is one of the few things that fail to become "old" to me. I've also always understood that they're bad for me (just the sodium content), but so are many other things. If you love noodles, you should check out Tontantin's channel on Youtube. Your life is now closer to being complete, haha.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
the whole opening thread could have been summed up with:

open lid.
pour hot water.
let stand 3 mins.

instead of hours of youtube footage.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Along with ramen noodles I advise raising chickens for meat and eggs. The eggs are very diverse and will give you a big breakfast and even an egg salad sandwich for lunch. Scrambled eggs, onions, some potatoes, peppers and cheese can make an excellent breakfast to complement the Ramen noodle dinner.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath

1. I'm eating ramen noodles as I watch the clip.
2. I have been diagnosed with fatty liver!
3. The girl in the clip is sooo adorable!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Ramen Noodles/$3 per CASE.
I'll live with the fatty liver, thanks.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
My daughter is a very picky eater, and if it weren't for Ramen noodles, she'd starve. I, being the mother, insist that if she doesn't eat what I prepare and opts for Raman noodles, she has to take a multi-vitamin and iron supplement. I wonder if people even think about storing a few bottles of multi-vitamins in their bug-out bags. When food is scarce, it's a great way to keep from getting vitamin or mineral deficiencies. Another great thing to have is syrup of ipecac and charcoal, in the case of ingesting something that is poisonous . If the SHTF, keeping your strength and health is going to be crucial for survival. Benadryl is also a must...liquid form is preferable.

I also heard that a diet of Raman noodles is prone to intestinal parasites...not sure if that's true.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PosterNutbag

You can't beat Sirracha hot sauce. You can find it in the asian sections of most large grocery stores. Clear white bottle. The stuff is good on almost anything. On top of eggs is unbelievable. I even squirt some on top of my fried eggs before I flip them so it cooks inside. Don't forget the A-1 sauce with your eggs. Try it and you will never stop.

Also, I add curry powder, fresh garlic and olive oil to my ramen noodles and only use half the packet. Curry is a wonderful spice. Sirracha is also good in ramen noodles as well as any pasta. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I like Ramen, but don't eat it that much. but when I do, I like to add stuff to it. My favorite would be:

-slice up steak, and marinate it.
-slice up green peppers, and set aside
-boil noodles with the flavor packet.
-pan fry steak, set aside.
-drain the noodles.
-get another pan, add a bit of oil and garlic.
-put the noodles in the pan, and add an egg.
-once the egg looks cooked, add some sesame oil.
-add the steak and green peppers.
-cook while adding a bit of soy sauce.

Enjoy!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I have to agree. They are very cheap and I would rather eat those than my neighbors dead rotting body any day of the week. You can be picky now but I have some of those in my supply and the best thing about them is they are cheap. Those and tons of cans of beans and saltine crackers.

I have boxes upon boxes of saltines but I rotate them and give them to the church a couple months before they expire. Saltines seve two purposes. They are filling and they have what we all need to survive.. Salt.

I was watching the history channel the other day. Did everyone know that the word Salary is derived from salt? Salary as is paycheck... Romans used to pay their soldiers partly in salt. That's how valuable it was back in the day.
edit on 12-5-2012 by TruckDriver69 because: mis-spelling

edit on 12-5-2012 by TruckDriver69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Be careful with these Maruchan ramen here in United states

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Ramen Noodles/$3 per CASE.
I'll live with the fatty liver, thanks.

Perhaps you should look around some more or check out the Chinese supermarket.

I found this cheaper price in 10 seconds but I can get it cheaper in a local shop.

It is a box of 18 bowls for about 88p or about $1.20 each. The packet works out cheaper at about 60p.

edit on 12-5-2012 by MI5edtoDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
With us GI's back in Korea Nong Shim noodles is very popular.

Ramen noodles are in my closet for hard times but no Korean noodles.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I have eaten so many of those noodles when I was broke and poor I think I would rather eat a bullet than have to eat anymore of those damn things ever again.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I love me some top ramen. Open the top of the pack, pour half the seasoning in, shake, eat raw. Mmm mm... Ghetto chips.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EfficacyOfTruth

Ghetto chips! I am sure people that are starving would consider that a great meal but that was funny. I will have to work that one into a conversation some time!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Wow...This is really funny considering I'm eating Ramen Noodles right now. LOL They are not the ones that most know but another kind. The package is in chinese so I don't know what it says other than the flavor and directions. These come in a plastic bowl and are pretty good. I had beef teriyaki
They come from the Dollar Tree here but they aren't always there.

The other more popular RN brand I use but I use it as a noodle base for my version of different chinese dishes or quick and easy stroganoff. I have added veggies and chicken to a pack before and it was good!

I always wondered how these things were made. Nice vids too.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonofLeod

Be careful with these Maruchan ramen here in United states

Exactly, Maruchan is garbage. You want Nissin Top Ramen if you want the cheap good tasting stuff. Chicken flavor is the best. They even have a curry flavor, but it's hard to find. I just add my own curry though.

Sapparo Ichiban, Which is a Japanese Ramen noodle that looks the same as the others, but in a green and white wrapping. It's a little healthier because the packet doesn't have as much sodium, and the noodles seem to be of a better quality. I don't know if that's still the case these days, no disrepect meant to our Japanese brothers. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join