It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet Earth 3D: Magnificent image from new Russian satellite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Planet Earth 3D: Magnificent image from new Russian satellite

rt.com

A beautiful time elapse image of the Earth, taken in a single shot by Russia's latest weather satellite Electro-L, has enchanted Internet users around the world.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Pretty amazing new images from Russias new satellite. The new Russian satellite orbits the Earth at almost 40,000 kilometers above the equator, sending down photos of the entire planet every 30 minutes.

­The images are a combination of visible and near-infrared wavelengths, depicting the Earth in a way not visible to the human eye. For example, the planet’s vegetation looks red.

So far, these 21 megapixels depict the highest resolution Earth images even made. That’s 60 miles of the earth’s surface packed into every pixel.

Enjoy the video of where we live and remember it probably won't be this way forever.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Wait a second... There are no lines on this map!

Thanks for bringing it. All that red vegetation is what we need to breathe. I wonder what a similar picture would look like from a 100 years ago?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Our planet sure is beautiful

Thanks for the post OP

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Wow, what I would give to have a high resolution BluRay copy of that slowed down to real time so I could play it on my Sony big screen...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'm in that video somewhere....

Wait, all of us posting from the continents shown on that video are in that video.
I mean we WERE on earth while that was getting filmed!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

We may all be in the photographs however there is not a bit of evidence in them suggesting we exist, except for someone having placed the camera there and well spicing the photographs together and well.....were still small and meaningless in that scope of things

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemistSwami

We may all be in the photographs however there is not a bit of evidence in them suggesting we exist, except for someone having placed the camera there and well spicing the photographs together and well.....were still small and meaningless in that scope of things

hard to accept that the world you live in is just a planet orbiting a star ?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Its quite spectacular looking isn't it!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Amazing images,the earth is a beautiful planet that we should take care of & cherish,seeing images like this brings home how lush & green our planet is..

great pics

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemistSwami

speak fer yourself

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Looking at that video again.... all of us are indeed little bipedal things inhabiting that little planet in a little galaxy..somewhere in the universe.
Perhaps if everyone look at ourselves that way, the world could be a better place.

I also cant find any traces of conflict or hate or human greed....as it happens on a daily basis..... in that video.

edit on 12-5-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
finally some that isnt tainted by nasa.. awesome find

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Have converted to 720p and using it as my animated desktop background pc connected to 42" LED TV !
So beautiful !

Peace

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Interesting it orbits the earth yet we only saw the same perspective throughout that animation?? I would have loved to see the whole earth i.e all the way around the sphere ....

ty OP for sharing

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

must be geo-synched. the satellite can still "orbit" the earth without moving around it as the moon does. if an object is locked into earth's gravity field, it is in earth's orbit. and if the satellite were moving we wouldn't get the amazing effect of the sun sweeping across the earth's surface and the clear representation of the day/night cycle.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston
reply to post by IAmD1

must be geo-synched. the satellite can still "orbit" the earth without moving around it as the moon does. if an object is locked into earth's gravity field, it is in earth's orbit. and if the satellite were moving we wouldn't get the amazing effect of the sun sweeping across the earth's surface and the clear representation of the day/night cycle.

...and guess what ? I cant see the sun...they photoshop it ?
it should be displayed after the crescent, but non ? weird

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

How can people watch this and still spill blood upon, and ravage the surface of, the most beautiful piece of art ever witnessed by mortal eyes?

No one alive has true appreciation of this great organism.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

thats odd to see so much red surface area on the earth...

never seen it like that before..

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
So...nobody inspecting where is the sun ?
It should be there, is it too far ? or they photoshop it ?

new topics

top topics

join