It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rwanda Man Lights Himself Ablaze Protesting Torture & Inhumanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Salem-News.com

Sadiki Mutabazi, a young orphan, chose to self-immolate in protest of having been tortured and his belongings taken away by government authorities, an increasing problem in Rwanda

People are going crazy all over the world.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I really really want to understand these people who do this, but I can't.

All I can think to myself is, "boy they really showed them!"

Why burn yourself to get to others? To draw sympathy to your cause?
If your end game is burning yourself perhaps to death, why not go balls to the wall and go after these people who you are protesting against?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I really really want to understand these people who do this, but I can't.

All I can think to myself is, "boy they really showed them!"

Why burn yourself to get to others? To draw sympathy to your cause?
If your end game is burning yourself perhaps to death, why not go balls to the wall and go after these people who you are protesting against?

I guess you need to walk in their shoes to really understand. All I can think of is how horrible life is for them to do something like that. Very very sad.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

Well, when life is THAT sad for them there, why kill yourself? They win, you lose.

I can't imagine what they feel at the time, but I think their anger/sadness needs to be redirected.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Well, when life is THAT sad for them there, why kill yourself? They win, you lose.

I can't imagine what they feel at the time, but I think their anger/sadness needs to be redirected.

I certainly don’t see how putting yourself on fire helps anybody except that this types of incidents get noticed by the media a lot more then just shooting or hanging yourself. But who knows whats going through their minds at the time.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

It's called "sacrificing yourself for a cause."

Most of my fellow Americans will have absolutely no concept of the meaning of that.
That would also apply to others in the Western world of materialistic me, me,ME!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

It's called "sacrificing yourself for a cause."

Most of my fellow Americans will have absolutely no concept of the meaning of that.
That would also apply to others in the Western world of materialistic me, me,ME!

How does killing yourself help the cause. A dead activist is no good to anybody. Sacrificing yourself for a cause would be something like taking a bullet for somebody. He didn’t save anyone he just killed himself.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This makes as much sense as those geniuses that go on hunger strikes...you've burned or starved yourself to death now what?

top topics

join