It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Disturbing Facts About McDonald’s

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article on McDonald's.

Amazing the amount of hamburgers they sell.

Their influence in the Global economy is growing too.

wow

13 Disturbing Facts About McDonald’s

1. McDonald's' daily customer traffic (62 million) is more than the population of Great Britain.

2. McDonald's sells more than 75 hamburgers every second.

3. McDonald's feeds 68 million people per day, that's about 1 percent of the world's population.

4. McDonald's' $27 billion in revenue makes it the 90th-largest economy in the world.

5. The $8.7 billion in revenue from franchise stores alone, makes McDonald's richer than Mongolia.

6. McDonald's hires around 1 million workers in the US every year. This estimate from Fast Food Nation assumes a 700,000 domestic workforce with 150% turnover rate.

7. McDonald's has 761,000 employees worldwide, that's more than the population of Luxembourg.

8. According to company estimates, one in every eight American workers has been employed by McDonald's.

9. Sharon Stone worked at McDonald's before she was famous. So did Shania Twain, Jay Leno, Rachel McAdams and Pink.

10. McDonald's is the world's largest distributor of toys, with one included in 20 percent of all sales.

11. For the next three years, McDonald's is going to open one restaurant every day in China.

12. The only place in the lower 48 that is more than 100 miles from a McDonald's is a barren plain in South Dakota.

13. Americans alone consume one billion pounds of beef at McDonald's in a year – five and a half million head of cattle.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

That's insane!

S&F

The even more disturbing fact is that the food is so cheap to produce and to be honest not at all nice to eat IMO, I could make a pie 10 times more tasty than any McDonald's meal in 15 minutes guaranteed,,,,

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Interesting facts. I stopped eating at McDonald's about six months ago and doubt that I'll ever eat there again. The same is true for almost every fast-food restaurant there is. The lone exception is Subway.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Five and a half million cattle, just in the US alone. How do we maintain a steady supply of cattle then?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

Seems the US has over 90 million heads of cattle.
source
Mooooo!
For the record on MacD's, I saw a vid a few years back where a guy found a MacD hamburger from his senior prom numerous years prior, and the burger was still intact and had not spoiled. So I bought one 2 years ago and it still sits in my cupboard. It never got mold or broke down. Just hard as a rock...yummy!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

I believe we import beef from Brazil

www.fas.usda.gov...

After a decade of expanding its beef production, Brazil is forecast to become the world’s largest beef exporter in 2004. This strong growth in the beef sector will lead to record beef exports, forecast at nearly 1.4 million tons in 2004. Brazil has doubled the number of countries it exports to in recent years and is likely to fill some part of the beef deficit left by import restrictions on the United States in Hong Kong and smaller markets looking for substitutes for U.S. beef. Brazil cannot compete to fill the deficit in Japan and Korea, due to its FMD status. However, the bulk of Brazil’s exports of fresh and frozen beef go to the EU, where U.S. beef does not compete for market share

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

McDonald's feeds 68 million people per day, that's about 1 percent of the world's population.

"Feeds" I think is too strong a word. Fills up, is more accurate.
There is not much "food" at McDonald's.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Wow. That is truly incredible. These numbers will also expand even more rapidly with the Chinese market.

Reminds me of that movie where the guy eats MCD's every day for a month and pretty much was ready to die. Crazy.

There Coke tastes different than any other Coke I have tasted. Much better than other fountain Cokes at liquor stores or cans/bottles. I also think they have made the Hamburger and Frys somehow "mesh" better with Coke to increase sales somehow.

The best Hamburger from MCD's was the Arch Deluxe in my opinion.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Don't be suprise if most of the people in China becomes obese within the next 5-10 years.

I used to eat at McDonalds once a week, and always had an extra Big Mac to go along with it. It's been 6 months since I've ate there. The only place that I actually eat if I ever decide to eat out is either Subway or Chineese food.

I was start to develop a "pot belly" during that time, but I'm sure happy that it's gone now. Being healthy is actually more important than tasty food in my opinion.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimistFor the record on MacD's, I saw a vid a few years back where a guy found a MacD hamburger from his senior prom numerous years prior, and the burger was still intact and had not spoiled. So I bought one 2 years ago and it still sits in my cupboard. It never got mold or broke down. Just hard as a rock...yummy!

LOL I saw a vid on youtube where some guys at uni bought food from most of the fast food chains and they did the same as you. The Mc.Ds didnt change at all. I think they must be made of plastic.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think #12 is pretty astounding too.

12. The only place in the lower 48 that is more than 100 miles from a McDonald's is a barren plain in South Dakota.

It's kinda creepy. They're stalking us.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
They hire over 1 million people just in the US but have 761,000 employees worldwide? Is that a mistake or do they fire a lot of people.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

My question is, How many animals do they kill everyday?

I find it strange it wasn't listed, Also how much of the "food" is wasted(Thrown away) etc.
edit on 11-5-2012 by MoneyIsWorthless because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
They hire over 1 million people just in the US but have 761,000 employees worldwide? Is that a mistake or do they fire a lot of people.

It said they have 150% turn over.

So I think it means they fire 1 and a half times their entire workforce each year.

ETA:
or people decide to quit
edit on 5/11/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Oh ok thanks. I wasn't sure what that term meant, I thought it was related to profits.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MoneyIsWorthless

Good question

They did list cattle but they didn't include chicken, fish or pork.

13. Americans alone consume one billion pounds of beef at McDonald's in a year – five and a half million head of cattle.

edit on 5/11/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Thanks for the info. And if that didn't disturb anyone, take a look at this.

whenever my mom & i would roadtrip anywhere, we would always get mcdonalds. when i was cleaning out the car after she gave it to me (like under the seats & stuff), i found perfectly “intact” mcdonalds french fries that had to have been 5+ years old.
um.
discoverconfidence.tumblr.com...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
2. McDonald's sells more than 75 hamburgers every second.

75 * 60 * 60 * 24 = 6.480.000 burgers a day.

3. McDonald's feeds 68 million people per day, that's about 1 percent of the world's population.

Too bad that they have to be 10 people about each burger.. No wonder the world is starving!

edit on 17/5/12 by Thain Esh Kelch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

This, along with the above, tells me that those numbers are pulled out of the air, just to gain hits.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

They have a super high turnover because its a crappy place to work. Someone explained it to me that it is still cheaper to just hire and train people constantly then it is to pay them more to stay.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join