It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: 130 Americans Dead in Ramadi - Cover-up in Progress?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Jihadunspun.com is reporting that yesterday's headlines on SkyNews included a report of 130 dead American soldiers in Ramadi, Iraq. The original source of this information includes a Pentagon source and many in-field reporters who all claim that 130 were killed yesterday, September 28th. Interestingly though, SkyNews is now reporting that this attack took place on April 6th, 2004. SkyNews has effectively blocked access to archived articles. As well, there is no available cache for this article on Google. This article would surely have been cached if the battle actually took place on April 6th.

www.jihadunspun.com
A Pentagon source has said up to 130 US troops have been killed in fierce fighting in Iraq.
The large scale battle, described as "intense", has taken place in the town of Ar Ramadi, 20 miles west of Fallujah.
Sky News' David Chater said: "None of this is official yet - none of it is confirmed."
But he added: "It sounds very much like this is being carried out by men who are militarily trained."
Chater described the attack as "highly sophisticated".

And then as if by magic, the news vanished. While the original breaking news item remains at www.sky.com... there is now a date on the item in very small print of April 6, 2004 which was not the date on the original post issued yesterday. Nice save! But even if that where the actual date, when did the US ever admit it lost 130 soldiers! Never!

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Honestly, I do not know what to think of this information. There is not a doubt in my mind that many news outlets would have quickly picked up this information in April. I have never heard about the battle (in which a tenth of all soldiers were killed) nor have I been able to find any relevant news on Google from this date. I think it is a very real possibility that this information is in process to be fully covered up.

Related News Links:
www.sky.com

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Its hard to tell about stories like these. We know the government has lied up and down about the Iraq invasion/occupation, so soldier death cover ups would come as no surprise. Getting real information seems to be impossible now so I really don't want to speculate too much on this as it could also be disinfo.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I can definitely tell there's a significant drop in Western reporting of the war in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well, imagine the blow of reporting such casualties to the people back in US. A few soldiers now and then is aceptable but if the public hears that hundreds are dying there, then the goverment would be in trouble explaining to the people what is going on in Iraq and maybe the people starts demanding the pull back of the troops.

I could very well imagine a coverup ordered by the goverment.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
That is exactly what I have noticed also, is like the fights in cities outside of Baghdad are not reported.

All you hear is whatever is happening in the city around Baghdad. Something is not right.

Also are more and more suspicion of the new Iraqi police and military trained by US that are actually cooperation with Insurgents.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
So someone in Sky news is reporting that someone in jihadunspun says the 130 soldiers were killed, and yet the person at skynews says that it hasn't been confirmed.

Sounds kind of bogus to me. It'd be almost impossible to copver up that many casualties from all the reporters presently in Baghdad, including those of other countries as well.

What does as-Jazeera say?

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
No jihadunspun is reporting that SkyNews changed the date of their article to April. I haven't found any report of this information by anyone else from April.

Why hasn't it been reported? That's the conspiracy. Jihadunspun has some ideas.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street

It'd be almost impossible to copver up that many casualties from all the reporters presently in Baghdad, including those of other countries as well.

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Off_The_Street]

Go to Google right now, type in Iraq and click on news. The amount of war news coming out of that country is minimal, almost to the point that we do not have fighting going on there. Notice that foreign reporters are very scarce there due to the beheadings and kidnappings.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
There were some security report that the resistance is fighting the occupiers in all parts of Iraq exept few nothern places where Kurds live.

[edit on 30-9-2004 by Samiralfey]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Mark Twain once said... "Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it."
This may sound harsh but it holds some truth. Many people understand neither human nature nor how the world truly works. Those who understand do not need news sources to discern the truth of a situation. The truth is dangerous in the hands of those who have not earned it through understanding. If I were in a position of leadership involved with this war... I would probably make the same decisions... and lie my rear off.

A true hero would be willing to sacrifice their dignity and self respect in order to do what is right. Trust me, when I say that I'm not referring to Bush or any president we've had in a very long time, but to those who actually fight and die for the sake of change and a sense of progress.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Veritas my ass! The truth is not dangerous, ignorance of the obvious is. This is getting way off news and into op-ed. In closing this war is based on a lie.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
This story, whether true or not, reminds me of something I once read about Northern Ireland. That the British Army would often cover up casualty figures from combat with the PIRA by attributing battle deaths and wounds to "accidents." Especially "traffic accidents."

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
What does as-Jazeera say?

Forget ALJAZEERA...

See what Teheran Times is reporting (yes, I know they�re BIAS�ed).
Rebel attacks in Iraq are widely spread: U.S. study
"Rebel violence in Iraq affects nearly every major population center and is more widespread than Iraqi government officials describe, according to a study by a private security company with access to U.S. military intelligence and its own informants in Iraq, The New York Times said Wednesday."

Visit article for more...

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen
Veritas my ass! The truth is not dangerous, ignorance of the obvious is. This is getting way off news and into op-ed. In closing this war is based on a lie.

Why throughout history have we developed little mantras and mottos suggesting that ignorance is bliss, what you don't know can't hurt you, knowledge is power, etc...? Saying that the truth isn't dangerous is kind of like saying that anarchy is a plausible approach to governance lol. And of course I was just expressing an opinion.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Veritas93 says: The truth is dangerous in the hands of those who have not earned it through understanding.

The truth about these events is dangerous to those who wish to use our country's men and resources to carry out their personal agendas abroad. Theoretically, America is owned by the people and those in government are our servants. But, as we know, they quickly forget this once they arrive in office. We need more truth so that the liars who lead us can be held in check, removed from office, and punished when appropriate.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Sky News has a problem with updating their stories and GRAPHICS!!!

www.sky.com...

NEW FIRE AT MOSCOW UNI
A fire has broken out at the dormitory of Moscow university where a blaze last month killed at least 40 people.

More follows...

Last Updated: 12:34 UK, Tuesday December 16, 2003

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Still has Breaking News Graphic

While we may not getting the "true" numbers this story is old, and not updated. If anything Jihadunspun is trying to create something that is not there.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So, do you remember when this story happened, in April, when a tenth of all dead American soldiers were killed?

I don't. And I can't find anything in April to the effect.

top topics

join