It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook co-founder renounces U.S. citizenship - May. 11, 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
America has it's hands all over the paychecks. An "exit tax"? hahahah That's funny!!! I didn't know it was illegal, to make money without the government knowing. Why does 'the man' always have to be in the kool-aid, tryin' to guess the flavor? Where, EXACTLY, did i sign up to be a 'slave'? I'd like to see my signature. Besides all that, i'm a slave to one being....God: the Creator of the Universe. And, since the government didn't make me...i don't feel i need to pay homage to them. Thanks, but NO THANKS! "Exit Tax"? I'm BROKE! POOR! No hava z money.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I'm confused at the 45% tax calculation. The highest tier is 35%, and he's got enough money to hire the accountants to find him loopholes so that he can keep his money.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hmm there is a thread saying Mexicans are leaving the US as well so it's not only the rich people. It seems theey are avoiding the fall of the US?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-5-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nahahh
America has it's hands all over the paychecks. An "exit tax"? hahahah That's funny!!! I didn't know it was illegal, to make money without the government knowing. Why does 'the man' always have to be in the kool-aid, tryin' to guess the flavor? Where, EXACTLY, did i sign up to be a 'slave'? I'd like to see my signature. Besides all that, i'm a slave to one being....God: the Creator of the Universe. And, since the government didn't make me...i don't feel i need to pay homage to them. Thanks, but NO THANKS! "Exit Tax"? I'm BROKE! POOR! No hava z money.

Hi nah,
Your mom and dad did that when they signed your birth certificate.
That is if you were born in the US.
Did you ever think about how much monry Barry will be totin back to Kenya?
lol ljb

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I'm confused at the 45% tax calculation. The highest tier is 35%, and he's got enough money to hire the accountants to find him loopholes so that he can keep his money.

Hi red,
Makes you wonder how a youth full hetro sexual male has the where with all to invent stuff, handle a chick in a foreign country and still be savvy enough to plot his international maneuvers so precisely. I smell something stinky !
lol ljb
edit on 5/12/2012 by longjohnbritches because: content

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Hmm there is a thread saying Mexicans are leaving the US as well so it's not only the rich people. It seems theey are avoiding the fall of the US?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-5-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

Hi sta,
Do you think the US is falling?
And why do you think that?
Are you a duelie?
thanks ljb

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Here's the article

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

Here's the article

www.cbsnews.com...

So you are saying you have no opinion about the link?
Did you come here just to just drop off a link.
I was hoping you had something to add.
thanks any way ljb

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

sorry dude I was in a hurry at the time. Anyway my opinion is that due to signs of the coming collapse That explains why people are leaving.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Totally accepted and understood
cheers

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It's not about USA being bad or good. So no need to blame each other, socially, economically,religiously or politically.

It's not about mexicans or brazillians leaving or comming to America.

It's all about GREED. Nothing Else. Everything else they weep over or claim is utter BS.

That stinker fled to another country after he got it made, through USA's social system, where everything had been in place and conducive environment - education, safety, democracy, infrastruture, health, etc, got it made obscenely rich, then stuck his middle finger at american society. He aint gonna share his wealth, or give back to society what society had given him freely, except for mere pennies here and there to claim otherwise or assuage his guilt.

Where he went, he still have to pay taxes, BUT if only he works and buys products. But one thing that is superior is that he needs not pay a Capital gain tax where he is, unlike USA, which means, if he just sold off even 1% of his shares which alone can pay for a smaller nation's national debt, let alone the entire lot, he needs not pay a cent in such tax, free to enjoy his wealth there.

He isn't the only one. Plenty of the unconscionably rich are fleeing, after scaming their citizens, to other shores. Americans common masses and those still living in tents had just been screwed by another of the elites yet again.

edit on 13-5-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Considering 'Americans are leaving the country and renouncing citizenship at an all time high', this doesn't surprise me at all.

That being said, anyone who has such important ties to an organisation like facebook, could be facing all kind's of trouble.

Hi bef
If you acknowledge that folks are leaving AMERICA could you give a reason for this? Where are they going that is better?
thanks ljb

Sorry i'm not sure on the details, i just remember coming across statistics that said it is rising. Though if you need a reason look no further then the news.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The Real Facebook Tax Outrage Isn't Eduardo Saverin

Eduardo Saverin, Mark Zuckerberg’s co-founder at Facebook, has sparked outrage by renouncing his U.S. citizenship as an apparent tax-avoidance strategy. Saverin, who lives in Singapore where there is no capital gains tax, stands to save about $67 million by giving up his U.S. citizenship.

Makes sense to me.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It would seem as though he may not be able to return to the US since renouncing his citizenship.

www.nydailynews.com...

The IRS and State Dept. are looking into his case to see if it is solely for Tax-evasion purposes, or if he's trying to get out of some trouble.

I'm pretty interested to see what they'll find.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
The Real Facebook Tax Outrage Isn't Eduardo Saverin

Eduardo Saverin, Mark Zuckerberg’s co-founder at Facebook, has sparked outrage by renouncing his U.S. citizenship as an apparent tax-avoidance strategy. Saverin, who lives in Singapore where there is no capital gains tax, stands to save about $67 million by giving up his U.S. citizenship.

Makes sense to me.
Hi max,
.I read your link. I hope that is what you were refering to that makes sense.
Cause eduaro excaping with 67M don't lol.
Any way do you think they can put any bite into the bark?
?? ljb
PS You know keep some of that dough states side.
edit on 5/17/2012 by longjohnbritches because: ps

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404
It would seem as though he may not be able to return to the US since renouncing his citizenship.

www.nydailynews.com...

The IRS and State Dept. are looking into his case to see if it is solely for Tax-evasion purposes, or if he's trying to get out of some trouble.

I'm pretty interested to see what they'll find.

Hi ano,
Ya know I don't even think this dude invented anything or did squat.
He is mostlikly just a plant to extort the funds.
Who knows? ljb

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
It's not about USA being bad or good. So no need to blame each other, socially, economically,religiously or politically.

It's not about mexicans or brazillians leaving or comming to America.

It's all about GREED. Nothing Else. Everything else they weep over or claim is utter BS.

That stinker fled to another country after he got it made, through USA's social system, where everything had been in place and conducive environment - education, safety, democracy, infrastruture, health, etc, got it made obscenely rich, then stuck his middle finger at american society. He aint gonna share his wealth, or give back to society what society had given him freely, except for mere pennies here and there to claim otherwise or assuage his guilt.

Where he went, he still have to pay taxes, BUT if only he works and buys products. But one thing that is superior is that he needs not pay a Capital gain tax where he is, unlike USA, which means, if he just sold off even 1% of his shares which alone can pay for a smaller nation's national debt, let alone the entire lot, he needs not pay a cent in such tax, free to enjoy his wealth there.

He isn't the only one. Plenty of the unconscionably rich are fleeing, after scaming their citizens, to other shores. Americans common masses and those still living in tents had just been screwed by another of the elites yet again.

edit on 13-5-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

Well, from what I know, Eduardo Saverin is the son of a very rich Brazilian businessman.

When Eduardo was aged 10, his very rich Brazilian father moved to the USA.

I doubt very much that Eduardo Saverin ever needed anything from the USA's "social system". His father probably paid a PRIVATE school for him. He was approved to join Harvard, a private, paid, university.

Eduardo Saverin owes NOTHING to the United States. He and his rich Brazilian family paid for everything they got.

If it wasn't for Saverin giving the initial capital for the start up of Facebook, that thing wouldn't even exist.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin wins the big IPO lottery, but I can’t help thinking that his contribution is not worth several billion dollars. He has renounced his U.S. citizenship to avoid paying high taxes? Not according to him.

“Facebook Co-Founder: No, I Didn’t Leave U.S. to Dodge Taxes”.

His action is understandable and I would have done the same thing in the unlikely event I was in the same position simply on the tax issues alone.

Saverin was born in Brazil, but at age 11 moved with his family to Florida following threats of kidnapping for ransom. He graduated from Harvard where he met Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook CEO. For the past several years, Saverin has lived in Singapore with his ethnic Chinese girlfriend. He has said he plans further investments in Asia and in his native Brazil.

Singapore does not have a capital gains tax.

I anticipate that some Americans, maybe most, will be saying “good riddance” and “Don’t let the door hit you in the butt” while shouting YEW-ESS-AYYY. Of course, that misses the point. Saverin and people like him are the canaries in the coal mine. The U.S. government should develop policies and laws that attract money, not drive it away.

The U.S. government might even want to do something favorable for the six million American expats, many of whom cannot afford to live in their home country or who feel alienated by shallow politics, brain numbing media, and wall-to-wall consumerism — not that I have any opinions about all that.

edit on 18-5-2012 by AlchemicalMonocular because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

I doubt very much that Eduardo Saverin ever needed anything from the USA's "social system". His father probably paid a PRIVATE school for him. He was approved to join Harvard, a private, paid, university.

Eduardo Saverin owes NOTHING to the United States. He and his rich Brazilian family paid for everything they got.

If it wasn't for Saverin giving the initial capital for the start up of Facebook, that thing wouldn't even exist.

Hi Glo,
Well if the post above is true. You know the kidnapping and running to the good ole US for protection deal. Then he could owe his very life to the American tax payer. Can you put a value on that?
?? ljb

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by GLontra

Hi Glo,
Well if the post above is true. You know the kidnapping and running to the good ole US for protection deal. Then he could owe his very life to the American tax payer. Can you put a value on that?
?? ljb

Oh, poor "American taxpayer"!

Do you really think that a rich Brazilian businessman (Eduardo's father) lived in the USA without paying taxes?

Do you really think that wealthy foreign individuals who live in the USA don't pay taxes to the local governments, state governments and federal government of the United States?

They pay, and they pay A LOT!

Do you have any idea of how much Eduardo's father probably paid in PROPERTY TAXES for his big house in the USA?

Do you think Eduardo's father never had to pay huge federal taxes to the IRS?

Oh, poor "American taxpayer"!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join