It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul has ONE shot at being POTUS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
And it isn't winning the GOP vote. He won't. It would take Romney to choose him as a running mate, win the election(that's not a given) and then Romney dies. That's about the only way Ron can reach the "big chair". I know there is a lot of support for him here but one must looks at this logically. Ron's in his mid-70's. He can't wait another 4 years. Besides, isn't that Hilliary's time?
Conspiracy thinking there.

I keep seeing threads that boost hope. "Romney will be disqualified", etc. No he won't. I think that it's a admirable to stand behind a candidate but it's another to not look at the "writing on the wall". I had the same experience in Canada with a candidate called Ed Broadbent back in the 70's and 80's. The best PM that we never had. It happens.

My point? Did I have one? Oh yeah, hope. It's a good thing but it can also lead to pain when it's unrealized. Be prepared for a let down.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

So what your saying is we have to kill the Romney? [sarcasm, Batman esque joke]

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

One big difference, buddy: This isn't the '70's or '80's. This is 2012.
You are right though, it's now or never.
So why throw in the towel? Just because you lost once? Just because that's what 'history' has taught you?

Keep fighting the good fight. If we lose...there's a good chance we all die.

But if we win...well, gosh darnit, we'll change the world.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Implying all the RP supporters cannot write in their vote, Intrepid?

Sorry to be a downer on your thesis, Intrepid, but Ron Paul stands a lot larger chance than you think.

The difference between RP supporters and the rest of the people, is that they are die hard and could give a rats ass if he doesn't win the GOP.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3
The difference between RP supporters and the rest of the people, is that they are die hard and could give a rats ass if he doesn't win the GOP.

Fine. I have no bone in this race. I'm just trying to cushion the blow that is coming.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I respectfully disagree! I believe that in the end RP will by the only horse in the race not in jail!
If that don't happen, then the people will install him. Paul has a lot more support than anyone is willing to admit!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Okay, premise accepted. Flag and Star #2 from me....

Notwithstanding, my mom says just what you say.

I am 53 with grown kids.....she has 20 years more under her belt.....

But I don't understand why he "can't win"....
my dad taught me how the 'third-party' or 'write-in' can totally split the vote between BOTH major parties, and WIN.

All this press about "letting Obama win", or "preventing Obama winning" is BS.

new topics

top topics

join