It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More bad news Paul supporters: Ron Paul polling low in his home state of Texas

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Of course you would never say Ron Paul's support comes from the pro-Constitutional voting blocks.

You don't seem to have thought through what the real implications of his extreme Constitutionalism would be.

And I'll tell you right now, the Constitution would be followed.

I have thought it through many times since I am one of the minority groups that very constitution refused rights from. I am not really all that interested in going back to a time when I cannot vote or own land.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Autumnal

Of course you would never say Ron Paul's support comes from the pro-Constitutional voting blocks.

You don't seem to have thought through what the real implications of his extreme Constitutionalism would be.

I have thought it through many times since I am one of the minority groups that very constitution refused rights from. I am not really all that interested in going back to a time when I cannot vote or own land.

You're talking about a 'time' and not the document itself.

Did the Constitution specifically deny you the right to own land?

edit on 13-5-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
That graph is over 2 months old, before Santorum and Gingrich dropped out of the race. How is Paul polling now that it's only he and Romney?

/TOA

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The Constitution doesn't confer or withhold rights from anyone. It only protects rights we have as human beings from infringement by the government.

/TOA

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
That graph is over 2 months old, before Santorum and Gingrich dropped out of the race. How is Paul polling now that it's only he and Romney?

/TOA

This concern has not been addressed by the OP or any other member that has jumped on the anti-Paul bandwagon in this thread, and I suspect it won't be.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

You're talking about a 'time' and not the document itself.

I know what I am talking about.

Did the Constitution specifically deny you the right to own land?

edit on 13-5-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

Yes by specifically granting the "liberty" to own land to a specific group I do not belong to. When you protect one groups rights over another's, you have to deny rights to the second group in order to do it. That is just logic.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
The Constitution doesn't confer or withhold rights from anyone. It only protects rights we have as human beings from infringement by the government.

/TOA

Maybe you. You must be a white male. How nice for you. It does jack squat to protect my rights on the same level and I am pretty sure I am just as human as you.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
I've stated it numerous times that I do agree with Paul on certain issues but he's DEAD WRONG on so many. The guy lacks a lot of qualifications to be our president and that's just the way it is.

Most of his support comes from his anti-war, anti-Fed "liberty" rhetoric. Most of his supporters don't seem to have thought through what the real implications of his extreme libertarianism would be.

Exactly. His fan base is attracted to his anti war policies along with pro legalization of marijuana. They fail to realize his other ideas are dangerous and insane.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Exactly. His fan base is attracted to his anti war policies along with pro legalization of marijuana. They fail to realize his other ideas are dangerous and insane.

So I guess your think the current state of this country is just Peachy.

Lets just follow the path were on for another 4, 8 years.

By then we'll be what, maybe 20, 25 trillion in debt, paying interest on it with numbers most

countries would love to have as a GNP.

The current push to a more Police minded State with less and less Liberties, ya those Paul folks

sure are delusional.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Things are bad.
That is a reason to elect Ron Paul?
That is how Hitler got elected.
What Ron Paul can do to make things better would be reasons to vote for Ron Paul. Pointing out that they suck does nothing to argue for or against him at all.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Tw0Sides

Things are bad.
That is a reason to elect Ron Paul?
That is how Hitler got elected.
What Ron Paul can do to make things better would be reasons to vote for Ron Paul. Pointing out that they suck does nothing to argue for or against him at all.

Of the remaining candidates, which ones will continue us on the current path, which you call bad.

Which one wants to steer away from the status quo.

Thats why.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Lets just follow the path were on for another 4, 8 years.

By then we'll be what, maybe 20, 25 trillion in debt, paying interest on it with numbers most

countries would love to have as a GNP.

The current push to a more Police minded State with less and less Liberties, ya those Paul folks

sure are delusional.

I don't think I even came close to saying we're in a peachy status as a country, did I?

Our system has failed us, for one reason or another. We can sit here and debate why but it won't get us anywhere as we probably disagree on reasons.

We need to change things around mainly because nothing is working. Paul has some solid ideas but they aren't proper solutions...but yet again, everything else the Republicans and Democrats are proposing aren't necessarily effective either.

If I had to, I'd vote for Paul but since it's an option, I'll keep my dignity and not vote for someone who doesn't represent me. Sure, compared to Obama he may be a saint on a few levels...but Paul is far from the best solution to the country's failed policies and system, whether you agree or not.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Autumnal

The government, one of limited, enumerated powers, cannot abridge the rights of the citizens, especially those protected by the constitution, and the Bill of Rights. The rights of the citizens were further safeguarded by the addition of the fourteenth amendment. So, if you do not belong to such a group, the citizens of the united states, why do our politics concern you, and how would the government be able to abridge your own rights, unless you're an illegal alien, or are you under the impression that things aren't currently stacked in the colored person's favor, as you are apparently not a white person.

Before you pull the race card and try to call me a biased white man, I'll have you know that I'm Samoan, and that I and my rights are treated with the same level of respect as any white man.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by milominderbinder

1)my bad grammar? Here, so you can go downstairs and tell your parents you learned something today:
education-portal.com...
And it's not even a school day!

This isn't even coherent.

2)so basically you are saying that, in your mind, the only way to pursue legal action on something is to A)file a suit yourself or B)file a civil suit? Interesting.

No...not all. "Basically what I'm saying" is exactly what I've already said. Now, please Counselor...answer the question like a big boy. What sort of vaguely defined "legal action" do you advise?

ITs not coherent that "constitutional lawyer" is a perfectly recognized TYPE of lawyer, complete with its own EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS?

Well, if you cant get that, Id say we are done here. Its not worth trying to debate someone who is all about personal attacks, ad homs and comments about others intelligence when they cannot simply admit they are wrong about something as trivial as this.

Yeah...of course. You haven't answered a single question posed to you by me or anyone else...so why would you start now, right?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

Quality deflection from the fact that you were completely and utterly ruined in that argument and still cannot admit you were wrong.

Ask me a question. Ill answer it. I am not an RP supporter, therefore I do not abandon a thread when challenged. Quit with the empty run around though.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Straw Man Fallacy. And one I see over and over again in these Ron Paul threads.

Just because someone doesn't agree with Paul's ideas doesn't mean they think everything is "peachy."

Speaking for myself, one of our biggest problems is that big money and big corporate interests have to a large extent bought out our government. However, going from a compromised and highly flawed federal government to essentially no government at all would make things worse, not better. The "liberty" Paul is selling would wind up being even more liberty for corporate interests and even less protection for the little guy.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkinin

or are you under the impression that things aren't currently stacked in the colored person's favor, as you are apparently not a white person.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume I am not correctly understanding your words here.

You need to express yourself clearly on an issue like this if you are hoping to help your candidate, especially considering some of the material Ron Paul has attached his name to in the past.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Of the remaining candidates, which ones will continue us on the current path, which you call bad.

Which one wants to steer away from the status quo.

Thats why.

If you were getting stabbed in the eye and you got the choice...
would you choose to keep getting stabbed in the eye or take a different option?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

So, what would you like to happen? Always seems like people who don't like Ron Paul really don't have any suggestions on how to fix things.

reply to post by DelMarvel

Material that Ron Paul bashers would like to attach to him you mean.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkinin
reply to post by Autumnal

The government, one of limited, enumerated powers, cannot abridge the rights of the citizens, especially those protected by the constitution, and the Bill of Rights. The rights of the citizens were further safeguarded by the addition of the fourteenth amendment.

Already stretching into amendments? I thought we were being strict constitutionalists? Now you get to pick and choose what that really means I guess? That is where you lose that argument because without the 19th you lose my vote.

So, if you do not belong to such a group, the citizens of the united states, why do our politics concern you, and how would the government be able to abridge your own rights, unless you're an illegal alien, or are you under the impression that things aren't currently stacked in the colored person's favor, as you are apparently not a white person.

Because I have a vagina and know my history. Pretty simple.

Before you pull the race card and try to call me a biased white man, I'll have you know that I'm Samoan, and that I and my rights are treated with the same level of respect as any white man.

The modern age is wonderful with all the things that have been changed about the constitution. Odd that you would want to undo what you just seemed to praise the conditions of.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join