It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Weak, Useless And Most Likely Going To Die From A Stress Related Disease.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I rarely use the mod tags............ but since I frequently moderate in this forum I'm going to in order to make it clear that I'm posting as an ATS member.

I accepted that I was screwed years ago. Thus m'Bride and me set out to make our own way. You can too. You don't have to have a large plot of land to garden. Think beyond how your parents and theirs grew things. You don't have to have a field to grow crops to support yourself -- you can grow almost all you need in containers/raised beds.

Okay, recognize that the globalization of the corportate entities have taken over nearly everything. I accept that it has already happened. Here is my truth: Identify you most basic needs, and make personal changes to provide for them. I know we can live off coconuts if we have to. I know that we can continue to garden, and dehydrate those seeds (tomatoes are difficult, but doable) to plant future crops. Water is everything. If you can't source water, you are trapped by the Machine.

I am one short step from dropping out of the whole system.............. if not for our enjoyment of the history channel and love of the connectivity of the internet, we'd be there. Then................. all a person has to do is have a Mutual Assistance Group, a little luck, and the ability to defend their resources. I freely admit, we can't stand against an armed, organized force. It's been a good life, though, and I intend to grow, to share, to teach, to learn, to love.

I'm going to live, until that which desires to and can kill me prevails.

I like your attitude
Food, Clean water, Shelter, Warmth and good companionship seems like a short list of needs but all else to that is either a bonus or not necessary
Being independent self reliant self sufficient is more than just an idea it is a lifestyle
I have already been very fortunate to have achieved that many years ago
I and a large group of friends worked hard and created a very comfortable and fulfilling lifestyle
It is hard to explain to any who have never tried this - But something happens - life seems to become more real
You learn so much in such situations about your self and others and the nature of things
Surrounded by and working with Nature brings such rewards it enriches one's soul
Do not be a victim be a winner a survivor a lover of life because the Universe does respond to your mindset - start where you are - use your opportunity - see value when it crosses your path.
I walked away for my own unspoken reasons and now I start from scratch with hardly anything yet within 1 year I can feed myself have sought out sources of good clean free water places of shelter and fuel.
I keep coming across so many others doing the same - people are networking not in so much a conscious way but are drawn together - No arguing about spiritual concepts we are beyond that and see the spirit all around and each other
No we are far from screwed we are liberating ourselves under the radar of the Matrix and it is world wide movement and we will succeed - I know I have already been there.
Imagine the worst case scenario - and what you would do to survive and take care of those you love
Let then send out their troops to find us they have no chance we are smarter than they and have no fear we have the Universe on our side
What an adventure bring it on Liberty or Death the tide is turning
So OP gloom and doom if you wish but you do not speak for I or my brothers and sisters
Don't be weak be strong - Don't be useless be useful don't die in fear live and be happy extra DIV

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Only the very weak need slaves. They are extremely weak and not growing in the least, on any level if they're abusing anyone.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Good on you for your efforts. I would only add that there is a certain liberation in accepting one's 'screwed-ness". Put another way, if a person or group works from the bottom, there is no where to go but up.

I always knew I would never be rich. I also always knew that it would never be my goal. I wanted to be happy. Just as simple as that. Yes, I watch what our political pundits do and say, however it's almost like yet another variety show. Their works affect me, but remains unimportant. I know I can make a fire, and I can find or snare food and I can make music and enjoy a sunset and the glory of nature around me.

TPTB............ I can't see them as an enemy.... more like the fabric backdrop in a play that I am a part of. I have a bit part, but at least I remember my lines.

ETA:

What an adventure bring it on Liberty or Death the tide is turning
. This resonated strongly with me. It is a grande adventure. We won't survive this life, but we can go out knowing we lived it with gusto and laughter and more than a bit of help to our neighbors.

That's good enough for me.

edit on 11/5/12 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by artistpoet

I would only add that there is a certain liberation in accepting one's 'screwed-ness". Put another way, if a person or group works from the bottom, there is no where to go but up.

edit on 11/5/12 by argentus because: (no reason given)

Yes you are right - I think once you accept your screwed you either give in or use your head and heart and fight
This is a choice - Faced with a problem do we blame another or set our minds to overcome that problem.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Wonderful feedback. All good coping mechanisms. After all, that all you can do is...cope.
And distract yourself with the little things.

I'm surprised nobody has commented on the videos.

I highly suggest watching them.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
My son gave me a spontaneous super-duper, extra-energy hug this morning. When I asked him why, he replied "Your hugs recharge my super powers."

That's probably the cutest thing I've ever read on here, awesome.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

So smile, friends! It really will be okay!

When I saw this I laughed, not in a sarcarstic way or anything, I just laughed because it was so positive, unlike much of the doom and gloom posts in many threads. I like it and it gets my post of the month award

Thanks Smyleegrl.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I live my life doing or buying pretty much whatever I want. With hard work and frugal spending, during the first twenty work years, anyone can achieve a financial independence like mine.
edit on 12-5-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisToiletEarth

You're Weak, Useless And Most Likely Going To Die From A Stress Related Disease.

First off, I saw the title and thought, "When did my mother get an account here?"

Second thing I thought was, with a defeatist attitude, might as well just roll over and die. Leave the winning to spartans, soldiers, heros, and people of strength of character.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Just be prepared to live and suffer for an eternity.

Then everything else is moot and expected.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
First off, I saw the title and thought, "When did my mother get an account here?"

* Pinches Beezers cheek. You inspired me to sign up here.

I'm not suggesting people roll over and die.. or live their life the best they can. That's not my point.

Understanding the truth is most important. What you or I do with that knowledge is not any of my concern.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join