It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Does your God have a problem with death?

Why or why not?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

Why or why not?

i don't have a god
that's easy
and i will die anyway so why bothering

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Death is just like going to sleep...but you wake up in a different form.

Just like all matter and energy, our souls are not a one-off thing. We get recycled...and if we are "aware" enough, we can remember certain things from past lives. Eventually, all of our lives culminate in one very aware being. It takes longer for some, but we all get there.

Death is simply the result of wearing out our fleshly vessel. Then we have to "trade in".

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hmm... that's a good question. My God does not necessarily have a problem with natural death, because it is just the beginning of a new cycle. In other words, there is an afterlife. However, murder or unnatural death is a problem because it interferes with a being's free will and possibly what they were here to learn in the first place.

Eugenics and genocide are definitely a problem, because that means that a society doesn't value individual human life.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Why or why not?

No problem.

It is the cycle which was created by his intent.

Overcome it by living by the spirit, which is eternal, not by the flesh which perishes.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Why or why not?

What's the point of this thread?
Well, considering that death will be thrown into the lake of fire..

edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: thinking.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
God does not want people to die.
John 15:17-18 "These things I command you, that you love one another. If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you."

John 16:1-2 "These things I have spoken to you, that you should not be made to stumble. They will put you out of the synogogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service."

Therefore we ought to think upon these things, upon our motives. We have easy access to scripture on the internet, these things Jesus has spoken to us for the purpose that we should not be made to stumble. This says to me that there is no reason for me to blame neither my "flesh" nor other people for the offenses I commit because there is no excuse to stumble, Jesus has spoken.
"I'm only human" does not justify, it does not make one humble enough to discipline oneself.
Thank you for bringing this up.
The message to me has been: People are mixed up when it comes to what it means to be humble.
The bible says that a righteous person falls down and gets back up, therefore it is not fitting to me to submit to unrighteousness and stay down when I fall, I was not made to live a life bearing bad fruit.
A bad tree can not bear good fruit. Jesus told people to MAKE the tree good and it's fruits good.
Jesus is The Great Physician, he didn't come and merely touch people to heal them, he encouraged them to believe Him through the words he spoke, The Way, The Truth, and the Life.
It is in the hearing/understanding of The Word that brings faith, faith without works is dead, faith without good fruit is dead, it is your faith that makes you well.
So have faith that you CAN MAKE your fruits good, humans CAN do good.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Why or why not?

Though my thinking process will end, my body will go on forever: Food for lower life forms, then I will be reduced to carbon, upon which new lives will form. If there be a god behind this, then he/she/it does not give death...only transformation.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
There is a contradiction in the Bible regarding death and going to heaven.

One person was so loved by God (I'm sorry I can't remember his name at the moment) that God directly took him up to heaven.

What most people seem to realize is that while it doesn't actually say he lived, but it doesn't not actually say he died to get to heaven.

So what does it mean?

It means that you don't really have to die to get to heaven.

Think about it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
There is a contradiction in the Bible regarding death and going to heaven.

One person was so loved by God (I'm sorry I can't remember his name at the moment) that God directly took him up to heaven.

What most people seem to realize is that while it doesn't actually say he lived, but it doesn't not actually say he died to get to heaven.

So what does it mean?

It means that you don't really have to die to get to heaven.

Think about it.
His name was Elijah. Contradiction to what exactly? Physical death is not necessary for the kingdom of heaven.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: I'm surprised that's the only instance you came up with.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

But then why does God require people to die? In the Bible it states that man can only die once.

So why should we have to die at all if he can just take us to heaven without the need for death?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

the hindu bible states we die many many times.... and so do gnostic texts

So is the regular bible an authority on death?

Death is just the next step... the only reason death is feared is because of Christianity

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Death is just the shedding of the vessel, in which we experience life in. You still continue, unless you go to experience the second death. (Even that's debatable by many)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Wonders

But then why does God require people to die? In the Bible it states that man can only die once.

So why should we have to die at all if he can just take us to heaven without the need for death?

The bible talks about a time coming when people will want to die physically, but will not be able.
Jesus said:
Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cure those with leprosy, and cast out demons. Give as freely as you have received!

From what I've read, and experienced, the resurrection of the dead is most definitely possible.
The bible is on the internet for free, there is no reason that you should not know what the bible says regarding death, the bible does not shirk away from the subject, the most credible source for knowledge of God is the bible.
The ax of God's judgement is poised at the root of every tree, and every tree that does not bear good fruit in due season will be chopped off and thrown into the fire.
Of course physical death could be viewed as an appointment, an of course appointments can be delayed and life prolonged.

Deuteronomy 5:33 Walk in all the way that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.

Exodus 20:12 "Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

Deuteronomy 25:15 You must have accurate and honest weights and measures, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.

God can either prolong or cut short depending on the condition of one's heart.

top topics

join