It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April Kauffman. A hero and patriot, murdered.

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Former radio host and activist April Kauffman — a woman known throughout the region as a tireless advocate for veterans — was at the high point of her life.

Earlier this month, Kauffman, who was found fatally shot in her Linwood home Thursday, had been chosen from a crowd of 1,400 nominees for a governor’s award for community service. And she had finally seen progress on her campaign to ensure that veterans would be able to seek medical care locally rather than traveling to a VA in Wilmington, Del.

“Literally, yesterday, she was telling me that this was the absolute best time of her life. She said getting the local medical care for veterans was her crowning achievement,” said Donna Clementoni, a friend and fellow veterans advocate who had just finished writing an articleon Kauffman’s recent achievements she hoped to have published. “She was such a light in this world, and she did so much good. I’m just absolutely shocked that she’s gone.”

Source

There several other stories out there. Foxnews, MSNBC, etc. are all starting to break this story.

Long story short this Woman was an advocate for Veteran's and a local radio personality.

April Kauffman's Web Page

She was killed in her bed, as far as I know nothing is known yet.

Just wow.
edit on 11-5-2012 by thesungod because: Spelling... I think I got it all.

edit on Fri May 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: substituted external quote tags

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Fox news is reported that she was murdered in her home sometime this morning after her husband left for work.
They still don't know who did it.

April Kauffman, 47, was found dead inside the bedroom of her New Jersey home Thursday from "multiple gunshot wounds," according to the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office.

www.foxnews.com... in-bb%7Cdl3%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D160123

Could it have been a break in to rob the house and the robbers didn't expect to find anyone home?

Makes you wonder if she stepped on some toes and it got her killed.

____________________________________________________________________________________

recent update:

Atlantic County Prosecutor Theodore Housel suggested Friday that an arrest was likely, though he didn't say how soon or provide any information about a possible suspect.

The article says a handyman found her.

www.nj.com...

Interesting to see what the investigation turns up.
edit on 5/11/2012 by itsallmaya because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/11/2012 by itsallmaya because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

Fox news is reported that she was murdered in her home sometime this morning after her husband left for work.
They still don't know who did it.

Smells like an assassination to me. I'll be they won't find a shred of DNA or fingerprints anywhere.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I have a bad feeling about this too! Being she was so outspoken and vocal hopefully those in the know will be able to piece things together and offer clues to what she may have been working on or trying to expose.

top topics

join