It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney has shot himself in the foot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by facchino

No the presidential electors, which make up the electoral college, and political party delegates are two entirely different things.

Presidential electors

The current system of choosing electors is called the "short ballot." In all states, voters choose among slates of candidates for elector; only a few states list on the ballot the names of the candidates for elector. In some states, if a voter wants to write in a candidate for President, the voter is also required to write-in the names of candidates for elector.

Of which there are only 538 members

The Electoral College consists of the electors appointed by each state who formally elect the President and Vice President of the United States. Since 1964, there have been 538 electors in each presidential election. Article II, Section 1, Clause 2 of the Constitution specifies how many electors each state is entitled to have and that each state's legislature decides how its electors are to be chosen. U.S. territories are not represented in the Electoral College. The Electoral College is an example of an indirect election, as opposed to a direct election by United States citizens (such as for members of the United States House of Representatives).

Political party delegates

A delegate is a person who speaks or acts on behalf of an organization (e.g., a government, a charity, an NGO, or a trade union) at a meeting or conference between organizations of the same level

Of which for the democratic party there are 4,047

Of the 4,047 total Democratic delegates, 794 are superdelegates, which are usually Democratic members of Congress, governors, former Presidents, and other party leaders. They are not required to indicate preference for a candidate.

And for the republican party there are 2,286

Of the total 2,380 Republican delegates (2,286 in 2012), 1,719 are pledged delegates

I believe the u.s. citizens are supposed to be taught about this as required learning during their secondary academic curriculum or they are not graduated with a secondary academic diploma ]-----> ([color=gold] high school diploma )

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
IF obama wins again

I think all you Ron Paul fans will have to figure out a new way to sleep at night, the guilt of ruining the country will be asounding

Its that kind of thought process that allows our system to be fouled. The MSM and fake voting ballets can only do so much. If every Ron Paul supporter stands their ground and votes for him in November (whether they write him in or not) he should win.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 1plusXisto7billion

If every Ron Paul supporter stands their ground and votes for him in November (whether they write him in or not) he should win.
I suppose that's possible, but is there any polling data that indicates he would get even 1/3 of the vote in a national election?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
... that was a hugely popular move for him to make.. it was probably entirely political, but I know my gay and lesbian friends were ecstatic and have shifted to full on Obama support after that happened.

It was totally a political move, as much as me and my partner of 13 years would love gay marriage, we still are not voting for Obama. At the same time, there is no way in this lifetime I will vote for Romney. You may say it's a wasted vote, but a vote for either of those other two is the wasted vote.
I have talked to all of my gay friends, which are few as I live in rural Texas, and they not voting for Obama, they like Ron Paul. Even though he has stated he doesn't agree with the gay lifestyle, he does believe that the Government has no place in dictating peoples lifestyle.
I personally don't really care that much about the gay marriage issue anyway, we wear wedding bands, had a ceremony, and all our friends and family accept us as a married couple.
But the reality of it is, you are most likely correct, we are looking at 4 more years of crap no matter whether it's Mitt or Barack...
edit on 12-5-2012 by MattiasDesigns because: Spelling and punctuation

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

If every Ron Paul supporter stands their ground and votes for him in November (whether they write him in or not) he should win.
I suppose that's possible, but is there any polling data that indicates he would get even 1/3 of the vote in a national election?

If there were poll data, would you trust it? To obtain the clearest picture of where the general public is, is to just ask them. Ask your neighbors; ask your coworkers; ask people at the bus stop...

Some people are weird though. They would rather talk about thier sex life with their significant other than talk about who they are voting for. Stay away from those quakes...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1plusXisto7billion

Originally posted by charles1952

If there were poll data, would you trust it? To obtain the clearest picture of where the general public is, is to just ask them. Ask your neighbors; ask your coworkers; ask people at the bus stop...

Some people are weird though. They would rather talk about thier sex life with their significant other than talk about who they are voting for. Stay away from those quakes...

Why would you trust words on paper over your own eyes? Look around, what you see, is what you get!

<< 1  2  3   >>

join