It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney has shot himself in the foot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
now if he can only hit his head, america will be in great shape.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
seriously I would say give Obama or Romney one more chance.
then when this fails, and we know it will, just take it all over by force.
i'm talking every single American coming together for country. not around 2 people and their political and monetary backers, they deserve a say no more.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

yeah, Every american could come together, and the outcome would still be no different.
There IS NO CHOICE.
Only the illusion of a choice.
Wake up people.

obama will be your president, yet again.Mark my words. lol
edit on 12-5-2012 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

I will sleep like a baby knowing I voted my conscience. I voted at least Trying to get a good man in the White House. I didn't just Give Up. We may go down, but we'll go down fighting.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
How may people post here have any idea about P&L's and RFQ's? How many people really under stand what Romney did? If you think you do then I have to ask how many experts on this site ship into staples every day.
I am sure everyone will say they do and understand it................but i beg to differ.

If the bully is such a piece of crap.............why is the model still in place and making money?

So how may P& L 's has Paul run?

The bottom line is simple,,,,,,,,,,,we need a leader that has worked, understands hard work and understand pain........if your hands are soft then it is it not you!!!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I've posted this before..

But there's no way Paul is going to get the nomination, and no way he's going to run independent, and even if he did.. he's polling very low with popular vote so he couldn't win with those numbers.. Romney is less than 200 delegates away from the nomination and Paul is WAY far behind.. it just simply isn't going to happen.. I wish it could, but it won't.. the only thing that will happen is that Paul will weaken Romney's support, guaranteeing a victory for Obama .. and while I dislike Obama immensely at this point, I think he's better than Romney at least..

I wish Paul could take it, but it's simply not going to happen.. the only hope the GOP has would be if Paul quit because he simply can't win the nomination.. and we all know he won't do that.. so the GOP is screwed.

I know it's not POPULAR to say that around Ron Paul fans ( I am one myself ) .. but it's realistic.
edit on 5/11/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

If you really want to talk reality, we should start by having you put away your crystal ball. All this talk of what is going to or not going to happen is just silly. Last time I checked, even here on ATS, the record of people predicting the future was not very good at all.

So let us talk about the reality of the situation. Not the nonsense the MSM is putting out, but the actual reality of the situation. We have all been told that the name of the game is delegates. The Candidate who gets 1,144 delegates wins the Nomination. If that number is not reached, there will be a brokered Convention. That is reality, that is fact, and that is the way it is.

Of course many people seem to think that Romney has 900+ delegates and it is only a matter of time, but is that actually true? The real answer is NO! The way the AP assigns delegates and the way the process actually works are two completely different things. We have all seen how MSM has assigned delegates immediately following the results of a Primary of Caucus. This is fact. We also know for a fact that the MSM has assigned these delegates before the delegates have even been assigned. This is also fact.

What the MSM does is assigns delegates based on the number of delegates possible in a State and divided by the total percentage of votes gained by a particular Candidate. This is why you always see the word "projected" or "estimate" and why no one is suing the MSM for reporting bogus numbers. Luckily there is a site that is keeping track of delegates, in real time, as it happens. The count they have so far??

Romney: 312
Santorum: 144
Paul: 110
Gingrich: 24
Delegates to be determined at State Convention: 750
Delegates that have not held a Primary or Caucus: 638
and there are 2 States where no one Candidate has a majority.

SOURCE

So the "reality" is that Romney is MUCH farther away from the number of delegates needed than just 200. So next time you wish to talk reality, you might want to actually use some in your postings.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Eh.. I would like to see the real delegate numbers. I would say it is realistically closer to Romney having around 600 and Paul having about 200 actual delegates. Paul had the majority in what 10 or 11 states now? Romney like 13 or 14?

We know he has won more states, but it is looking more and more like the MSM counted their chickens before they hatched.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Well, I have no crystal ball, and I'm not looking into the future, nor time traveling there,
Nor asking the universe to channel the info through me, lol

I simply observe,
and after observing for a long time, I'm "predicting" (not really, But what I say is going to happen)
That obama is, ... once again.. Already Chosen.

Chosen is the keyword.

Such a fool am I to have actually thought the majority of people here would know that they have no true vote.

The old skool cats who used to hang around this place knew this, How do you all not know.. Yet.
er, STILL?

I find it alarming that soo many of you have not yet realized/discovered this.

You_Have_No_Vote

You continue to fall for it, and continue to get worked up and focusing on something which you have no say in whatsoever.

You're only supposed to think you have a say, and have a choice. But you don't.

You have the illusion of a choice. That is all.

Good grief.
Can we put the koolaid down yet, everyone?

You'll see when the time comes, obama already "won". lol

Regardless of whether all of america votes for him, or all of america votes against him..
It's already promised to him.
But you get those "votes" in, people!

Unbelievable.

Whatever, I'm out.
Talking to unconscious minds filled with illusions is irritating.

Now Get out there and VOTE!
and watch obama be "your president" again. lol

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
As a UK citizen, it's odd watching this unfold and the tit for tat threads from supporters of both Romney and Paul claiming they are winning, and seemingly being able to show this with delegate counts and polls.
I know politics in the UK can show polls that may not always reflect the outcome, but your voting system seems ridiculously complicated and long winded. Yes it's a president/PM system so not identical, but I believe reading a few bits of info that delegates can be bound to vote so not pure democracy?

It just seems odd that the reps/dems don't just have 2 or 3 candidates and each state then votes for their fave, the nominee with the most victories across all the states is the winner.
Then both parties nominees repeat that process for President, and it is just a numbers game then, no delegates or popular vote.
This doesn't even getting into people having to be registered as a voter for either party...in the UK you can become a member of a political party but even then could still vote for any party you wish.
Worlds most long winded and complex democracy?

FWIW - I hope the Paul supporters are right and someone who can change your country (and ours as we seem to follow your lead) for the better....

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Davian

LOL I thought he literally shot himself. Oh well we can always hope.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Davian

I was highly disappointed to see that this was not a literal title.

It's like when you're getting fluffed by this hot babe and getting it in the arse with a dildo machine just because you can't correctly speak the language.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by facchino

It is not very complicated. In the u.s. they have a body called the electoral college. It is the electoral college who votes for the president of the u.s. not the people. The people just think they are voting for the u.s. president.

Who the people vote on are who they want to be in the electoral college if they think that electoral college member will vote for the presidential candidate they would like to see as the president.

Unfortunately the electoral college members vote for whoever they want to vote for.

I think that is what ahmose is trying to explain.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Thanks - it took me a few reads to grasp it before so I vaguely understand it - but just seems complete tosh really,
Are the people they vote for in the electoral colleges the "delegates"?
So is each college the same size in terms of delegates, or different per state?
Sorry don't mean to derail thread - just pointing out the lunacy behind it - another step that doesn't need to be there. Just vote for the nominee you want and cut out electoral colleges, they surely just add a layer to the process that is not needed?
Are you saying delegates can get voted in on a promise to vote Paul, then just vote for who they like? Ie could be bought out, bribed, change of heart, or just plain lie to get a vote into the college on first instance? So every Paul delegate could in fact be a Romney person and just vote for their guy once put in?
wow real democracy in action

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I thought you were speaking literally.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

You are no Ron Paul supporter, it is obvious from your tone and defeatist attitude that you are establishment, trying to pose as a Ron Paul supporter inflicting the defeatist attitude on others.

What you say is simply not true, Romney needing 200 more delegates? Straight from the MSM liars. Here are the real numbers.

www.thereal2012delegatecount.com...

Exactly what I was going to say. Call them as you see them!

Keep it up NeoVain. It's people like you who are changing the face of government for the better.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

There is no choice because we American's have allowed that to happen. Now, we Ron Paul supporters are working to change that. We are growing more informed and powerful each day. Truth will set us free and we will succeed, if not this election, than the next. But we are damn well going to give it everything we've got to win RP the presidency. Each passing day gains more momentum...and each day more government shills come out of the woodwork to try and kill that reality. It won't work! We will stop at nothing to win back our government and Constitution. Mark our words! We will fight this beast until we win...and we will WIN.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
This whole presidential nomination and election crap is just like WWF wrestling...fake as hell.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

You are no Ron Paul supporter, it is obvious from your tone and defeatist attitude that you are establishment, trying to pose as a Ron Paul supporter inflicting the defeatist attitude on others.

What you say is simply not true, Romney needing 200 more delegates? Straight from the MSM liars. Here are the real numbers.

It does not matter about delegates. The Republican Party will not allow Ron Paul to be chosen. They want Romney. Accept it.

Go to americanselect. That is the realistic option.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
isn't a delegate betraying the voters he/she represents and voting for paul dickery ?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowIsThe

Exactly what I was going to say. Call them as you see them!

Keep it up NeoVain. It's people like you who are changing the face of government for the better.

Get 'em Neo! I have a great deal of respect for one who calls a spade, a spade! It is getting very old seeing these "things" come in here and trying to "wedge" the thought process! I guess they don't realize how obvious they really are!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join