It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Romney has shot himself in the foot

page: 2
14
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus
 


If the delegates are truly unbound, then anyone can win. Your mood is quite fitting with your attitude. I think you are silly too.

Didn't the head of RNC say that all the delegates can pick with their conscience? Didn't I see a thread like that on here?

Do you think the real 2012 delegate count map is accurate? I have no idea... I'm actually asking..



Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Davian
 


All the same msm radio/tv talkie shows are playing it all down calling it schoolboy antics... Justifying his bullying. It is tragic but at some point I wonder if they are going to find themselves reporting that "for the first time in US history the United States has no President"? I mean to say if Dr Paul does become our next President...
edit on 11-5-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)


hahahahha

omg I almost wouldn't be surprised.

Oh cynical humor is nice


They'll just call him "the president." Every time they talk about him, and they'll show him as one of those anonymous sillouettes...

edit on 5/11/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by miniatus
 


If the delegates are truly unbound, then anyone can win. Your mood is quite fitting with your attitude. I think you are silly too.

Didn't the head of RNC say that all the delegates can pick with their conscience? Didn't I see a thread like that on here?

Do you think the real 2012 delegate count map is accurate? I have no idea... I'm actually asking..


I responded to that in another thread.. don't be insulting.. I do think the map is accurate.. or as accurate as it can be ..

Yes the delegates are unbound, but even if Paul got all of those delegates from the candidates who've dropped out, he's still insanely far behind Romney.. I don't suspect the delegates currently with Romney will ditch. if they did. then of course Paul would have a chance at that point, I just don't see that happening.

I admire your unwaivering support .. I just don't view it as realistic.. I maintain that I will vote for Paul if he makes the ticket.. but the logical / realistic mind in me ( I'm a software engineer, what do you expect ) .. does not see that happening.. there's no point in resorting to insult simply because I don't agree with it.
edit on 5/11/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/11/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus
 


well, ok...

But no matter how un realistic something is,

there is something to be said for never giving up...

Even if there is no chance, you still go for it.

The Army taught me that one, it builds character.

Even if he loses in the end, it's not like I would support anyone else.

There really is no point to have such a defeatist attitude, and if you really support Obama over Romney(I do too) then you will want to support paul as much as possible to take away from Romney.

I don't know if this country can last through either Romney or Obama, so I have one choice for the very future of the US.

Ron Paul 2012!
edit on 5/11/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Also ... some members of the GOP have flatly stated that if Paul did get the most delegates then they would consider changing the system.. that is corruption at it's finest, I don't know that they would follow through with it.. but the bottom line is that the GOP does not want Paul on the ticket.. so he also has to contend with that.. all of the cards are stacked against him.. he does not have the popular vote, he does not have the delegate count and he does not have the support of his own party .. as much as I'd love the guy to win and clean the street with them.. we have to wake up sooner or later and realize they won't allow that to happen.



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by miniatus
 


well, ok...

But no matter how un realistic something is,

there is something to be said for never giving up...

Even if there is no chance, you still go for it.

The Army taught me that one, it builds character.

Even if he loses in the end, it's not like I would support anyone else.

There really is no point to have such a defeatist attitude, and if you really support Obama over Romney(I do too) then you will want to support paul as much as possible to take away from Romney.

I don't know if this country can last through either Romney or Obama, so I have one choice for the very future of the US.


I never suggested anyone should quit supporting him.. I'm not quitting.. I still support him, he's the BEST candidate, bar none. I'm just calling it like I see it on how I think it will play out.. I see Ron losing the nomination to Romney, I see Romney suffering big time from the support that Paul has taken from him.. and because of that, I see Obama getting a second term.. I hate that scenario .. but that is what I see happening... call it my prediction... absolutely NOT my hope...



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Also ... some members of the GOP have flatly stated that if Paul did get the most delegates then they would consider changing the system.. that is corruption at it's finest, I don't know that they would follow through with it.. but the bottom line is that the GOP does not want Paul on the ticket.. so he also has to contend with that.. all of the cards are stacked against him.. he does not have the popular vote, he does not have the delegate count and he does not have the support of his own party .. as much as I'd love the guy to win and clean the street with them.. we have to wake up sooner or later and realize they won't allow that to happen.


And I would want to force them to have to change the system...

This would be a good thing at exposing them...

I'm also a Ron Paul supporter because he's making everyone show their true hands...

Even if he doesn't win, there are so many kids in the process of true learning and empowerment now because of him, that the future may still be ok after all.

Ron Paul 2012!



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   


I never suggested anyone should quit supporting him.. I'm not quitting.. I still support him, he's the BEST candidate, bar none. I'm just calling it like I see it on how I think it will play out.. I see Ron losing the nomination to Romney, I see Romney suffering big time from the support that Paul has taken from him.. and because of that, I see Obama getting a second term.. I hate that scenario .. but that is what I see happening... call it my prediction... absolutely NOT my hope...


Right, but I don't follow predictions.
I follow reality.
Reality is NOW.

You don't look at the score in the middle of the game and tell the rest of your team, "it's not looking good."
You tell them "get in there! Let's WIN this!"

If they believe it enough they can still win.

It's called predictive programming. A self fufilling prophesy as it were.

Ron Paul 2012!
edit on 5/11/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad


I never suggested anyone should quit supporting him.. I'm not quitting.. I still support him, he's the BEST candidate, bar none. I'm just calling it like I see it on how I think it will play out.. I see Ron losing the nomination to Romney, I see Romney suffering big time from the support that Paul has taken from him.. and because of that, I see Obama getting a second term.. I hate that scenario .. but that is what I see happening... call it my prediction... absolutely NOT my hope...


Right, but I don't follow predictions.
I follow reality.
Reality is NOW.

You don't look at the score in the middle of the game and tell the rest of your team, "it's not looking good."
You tell them "get in there! Let's WIN this!"

If they believe it enough they can still win.

Ron Paul 2012!
edit on 5/11/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)


I think one thing is absolutely certain, no matter what... if Ron wins, wonderful.. if he loses, I can live with it.. but he's awakened a great number of people.. and he's hit the hearts and minds of the nation's youth .. people are becoming politically active in a way they've not been in a long long time.. People are starting to realize just how stupid it is to have a two party system.. people are seeing how corrupt the delegate system can be ( I understand it's purpose though ) ... he's inciting change regardless of a win, or loss .. I firmly also believe that if he has the energy to muster a third try.. that he would have an extremely good chance of plowing the competition with all of the momentum he's got now... he won't be forgotten in four years..
edit on 5/11/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus


I think one thing is absolutely certain, no matter what... if Ron wins, wonderful.. if he loses, I can live with it.. but he's awakened a great number of people.. and he's hit the hearts and minds of the nation's youth .. people are becoming politically active in a way they've not been in a long long time.. People are starting to realize just how stupid it is to have a two party system.. people are seeing how corrupt the delegate system can be ( I understand it's purpose though ) ... he's inciting change regardless of a win, or loss .. I firmly also believe that if he has the energy to muster a third try.. that he would have an extremely good chance of plowing the competition with all of the momentum he's got now... he won't be forgotten in four years..
edit on 5/11/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)


Right on man.



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Would you guys straighten me out on something? (I am Mr. Confusion after all.) Assume for a moment that Romney gets the nomination. Are you saying that if the Paul supporters went to Romney, he would win? And if they went for a write-in of Paul, then Obama would win?

If that's the case, is it fair to say that the Paul supporters will be the ones choosing either Romney or Obama for President? Which way will Paul supporters go, Obama or Romney?



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles
 


But the MRSA infection is setting in, watch what happens.



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I've posted this before..

But there's no way Paul is going to get the nomination, and no way he's going to run independent, and even if he did.. he's polling very low with popular vote so he couldn't win with those numbers.. Romney is less than 200 delegates away from the nomination and Paul is WAY far behind.. it just simply isn't going to happen.. I wish it could, but it won't.. the only thing that will happen is that Paul will weaken Romney's support, guaranteeing a victory for Obama .. and while I dislike Obama immensely at this point, I think he's better than Romney at least..

I wish Paul could take it, but it's simply not going to happen.. the only hope the GOP has would be if Paul quit because he simply can't win the nomination.. and we all know he won't do that.. so the GOP is screwed.

I know it's not POPULAR to say that around Ron Paul fans ( I am one myself ) .. but it's realistic.
edit on 5/11/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)


What world do you live on? Paul will obliterate Obama! The world has awakened and everyone knows it is time for change! You really need to get used to this,"President Paul"!



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59

Originally posted by miniatus
I've posted this before..

But there's no way Paul is going to get the nomination, and no way he's going to run independent, and even if he did.. he's polling very low with popular vote so he couldn't win with those numbers.. Romney is less than 200 delegates away from the nomination and Paul is WAY far behind.. it just simply isn't going to happen.. I wish it could, but it won't.. the only thing that will happen is that Paul will weaken Romney's support, guaranteeing a victory for Obama .. and while I dislike Obama immensely at this point, I think he's better than Romney at least..

I wish Paul could take it, but it's simply not going to happen.. the only hope the GOP has would be if Paul quit because he simply can't win the nomination.. and we all know he won't do that.. so the GOP is screwed.

I know it's not POPULAR to say that around Ron Paul fans ( I am one myself ) .. but it's realistic.
edit on 5/11/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)


What world do you live on? Paul will obliterate Obama! The world has awakened and everyone knows it is time for change! You really need to get used to this,"President Paul"!



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
When are you guys going to understand that we are following our morals and values??
It's no longer good enough for us to "choose the lesser of two evils".

You can feel good about giving your vote to a charlatan who is no better (likely even worse) than Obama.

I'll sleep at night knowing I made the right decision to fight for what I believe in.

You guys can continue to stick your heads in the sand and be naysayers.

If every person that claimed that "they like Ron Paul but he can't win" would actually stand up for what they believe in, Ron Paul would be beating EVERYONE by a major landslide.

Get with it, people...


This is EXACTLY it! I'll be voting for Ron Paul no matter what. And when the time comes to stand up for my freedom, whether it means giving my life or not, you can bet your [@$$] I'll be there. I've had a good 27yrs on this planet, and if I don't make it to 30, so be it. My wife is right there along with me. We goto the Range all the time, cuz you know... Gun Control is hitting where you aim!



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davian

Originally posted by ajay59

Originally posted by miniatus
I've posted this before..

But there's no way Paul is going to get the nomination, and no way he's going to run independent, and even if he did.. he's polling very low with popular vote so he couldn't win with those numbers.. Romney is less than 200 delegates away from the nomination and Paul is WAY far behind.. it just simply isn't going to happen.. I wish it could, but it won't.. the only thing that will happen is that Paul will weaken Romney's support, guaranteeing a victory for Obama .. and while I dislike Obama immensely at this point, I think he's better than Romney at least..

I wish Paul could take it, but it's simply not going to happen.. the only hope the GOP has would be if Paul quit because he simply can't win the nomination.. and we all know he won't do that.. so the GOP is screwed.

I know it's not POPULAR to say that around Ron Paul fans ( I am one myself ) .. but it's realistic.
edit on 5/11/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)


What world do you live on? Paul will obliterate Obama! The world has awakened and everyone knows it is time for change! You really need to get used to this,"President Paul"!


Yes, you have something to add? Maybe you finally figured out it is a moot point!



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Mitt Romney's theme song:
www.youtube.com...


"Sooner or later, it all comes crashing down."
edit on 11-5-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire
 


Since it seems that Romney and Obama are owned by the same people, what difference does it make? I always hear people say" a vote for X candidate is a wasted vote", but the way I see it, voting for either of the" approved" candidates is a wasted vote. People are voting for candidates because they think they could win? What kind of sense is that? This isn't the horse track.



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Don't trick me like that! Ha!

Maybe soon...



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The people responsible for the fraud and misrepresentation at those conventions needs to pay.

Otherwise, we might as well quit electing anyone because there will be NO integrity to our elections.

If our elections can't be secure, why the heck are we worried about our planes?



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Silly kids..
Your votes don't count for anything. lol

No matter who you want "win", there are no "winners", only those chosen by those who make you believe you have a say/vote.

Don't you know that obama has already been chosen again?
80% of america could vote for Ron paul, or the other guy,
and they still wouldn't become president of the u.s.

These guys are simply puppets in the "make them believe they really have a choice" puppet show.

Seriously.
How do you guys not know this by now?






new topics

top topics



 
14
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join