It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Staph Infections spreading

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
hey anyone see Drudge and read the article linked about staph infections or what??? After reading that, try searching on google for staph infections and then hit the news search and check out how widespread this # is over the past few weeks. deadly also. I'm asking for your thoughts on a cover up here because my sister just recently came down with a bone infection in her jaw. They're saying this plague is striking healthy people and it's hard to treat. Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
seriously, is somethin up here?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This site might answer some of your questions: CDC

Why does CDC think so many cases of MRSA are being recognized across the country?

MRSA has been recognized as a problem in the healthcare setting for over 20 years. CDC believes that MRSA has been emerging in the community over the last several years. It is difficult to determine whether there is an increase in MRSA disease in the community or an increased awareness and recognition of MRSA disease. However, it is clear that some of the recently recognized outbreaks of CA-MRSA are associated with strains that have some unique properties compared to the traditional hospital-based MRSA strains, suggesting some biologic properties (like virulence factors) may allow the CA-MRSA strains to spread more or cause more disease; however, these hypothesis need testing and confirmation.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
ya its messed up cause my sisters got a mysterious infection now, so it hits home. And over the past 2 weeks, many states are seeing serious outbreaks of this particular strain. Bio terror??

new topics

top topics

join