It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddler Faces Down Russian Riot Police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
It's a kid on a bike. Is he "facing down" the troops? Doubt it.

Way to read too much into a photo.

You didn't do well in art appreciation class did you?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

What's pathetic is that you keep coming back here, further wasting your time as well as ours. If the OP's opinion (and the many who agree with said individual) differs from yours, leave it be. Dissent for the sake of dissent quickly descends into mere jackas-ery. You said your piece. Move on.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

That's pretty much a given. Definately not a social studies major either.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Hopefully the government or family services took the child away from his parents!!

he should not have been allowed in such a dangerous situation and location, and hopefully their version of family services have removed the child and placed it in a safer location

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

Agreed, kids do not need to be involved with this. Riots are way, way to dangerous, pushing, surging, angry crowds packed shoulder to shoulder is no place for a 3 foot tall person to be in the middle of.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

This is child abuse, where are his parents...if this were the US he would have been remanded to social services...I am in Moscow now and everything is normal here...flights were full, I see no signs of civil unrest...

Sniper

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
Hopefully the government or family services took the child away from his parents!!

he should not have been allowed in such a dangerous situation and location, and hopefully their version of family services have removed the child and placed it in a safer location

Everybody calm down.
How do we know that it's not a midget?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

Love pictures like that reminds me a bit of this one...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
that is a pretty powerful picture there. now the kid is going to crush all of their heads inside their helmets with his super powers

edit on 11/5/12 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/5/12 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

pretty much like this ! when i Was reading your Post !!

Firestarter (4/10) Movie CLIP - Torching the Agents (1984) HD

Hey you Never Know !! with Mk Ultra Type Programs

I hope you Members Know that there was a MK Ultra Type Programs going On during the Cold War and probably still going looking for gifted Children ... as of Here in the United States ...
The Real X-men or Should I say X-Children

Yet he is still a Brave Little Boy ..

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I don't know what to make of the photo? One thing is for certain, I am adamantly opposed to children being used to make political statements. That stuff is for adults. Children should be outside playing, coloring, and doing what kids do.

Furthermore, that child has no business being at a protest. They tend to get violent. That photo is no different than the stuff the Nazi's did, the Soviet and Chinese communists, and even some of our benevolent politicians in the West. Here are some examples to refresh our memory.

I find such conduct disgusting, and anyone who would exploit a child for political purposes should be scolded. I don't care if it is a protestor or a politician. It makes no difference to me. As I said earlier, let kids be kids! They have got plenty of time to toil in politics and activism as adults. Leave the kids at home!
edit on 12-5-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Hey thanks a million for this post mate this pic is very powerful and humble at the same time,now its my desktop pic.

thanks Jabba

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
David and Goliath sort of thing.
Reminded me of this...

No Fear.
When that boy grows up the world better watch out.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
I honestly dont know if this actually upsets me. Where the heck is the mother and why did she let him stroll up to them like that. I can see the meaning behind this picture but my thing is, if SHTF, that kid will be smack in the middle of some really serious confrontation and possible fatal injuries

You are completely blaming the wrong people in this, that's what's shocking. Place responsibility where it lies.

And on the "bravery" issue, what is fear? Fear is the Human imagination, you fear things because you are capable of comprehending the risks to yourself through imagining the consequences of events. People fear pain, injury or death in instances like this, because they have years of education and experience behind them to teach them that there would be potential consequences.

Bravery is knowing those risks and acting selflessly despite them.

Therefore, this child is not brave, he is innocent and unable to comprehend what is LIKELY or POSSIBLE.

It still doesn't diminish the image. Instead of focusing on the mind of the child, focus on the minds of those thugs in their uniforms and contemplate what's going through their heads right now. Are they now thinking they're in the wrong job? Are they scared? Would they STILL charge the crowd and beat people having seen that kid right there in front of them?

The fact that they are still standing there is scary enough. I cannot imagine being paid to do that job and seeing a little kid in front of me like that. I would be immediately putting down whatever I was holding, taking off my helmet and crossing to the other side.

The day you're a thug like this potentially scaring, beating and possibly maiming little kids you are no longer Human. Every single one of those men is a danger to society.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Ya and their night sticks don't look "ready"...its probably one of the troops kids haha.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
This is the perfect example of what fear has done to the people. The child knows not fear for the authority the riot police hold.

Kids are absolutely awesome.

Seems to me that its a staged and why? just so that the pro western pro American opposition can have support Hench they are using children as a political tool which is unacceptably.

If you want to support the Russian opposition which is proven to be funded by the NED and USAID thats your problem.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Proud enough that you'd put your kid in that position, kneel behind them and then take a photo, no doubt.

That is what I see here. A reckless parent using their kid to make the internet woohoos.

sad really...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

edit on 12-5-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It is obvious you people don't know what is going on in this photograph.

A Russian source in the area (known only to me as "eddie") has confirmed that this "child"
who appears to be standing in opposition to this military force is actually a genetically
engineered breed of a new human super-species. This "child", while appearing
to be ordinary, does, in fact, possess the strength and stamina of ten men, the speed
and reflexes of the mongoose, the eyesight of an owl, the olfactory sense of a canine, and the
intelligence of Einstein, Hawking and Tesla combined. What you don't realize is that rather than
"appearing" to stand in opposition to this military force, this child is actually their LEADER.

...and while he possesses the mind of a genius warrior, he still likes to relax by riding his bike
and watching Barney just before leading his men into battle...
edit on 12-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein

It is a kid on a bike, what is he doing? He is facing the troops in front of him. Don't you have some else to be?

You shouldn't judge other peoples bravery to be lacking the same as yours.

I think by body language, you can tell these men are "just standing there." It's a show of force. Their guns are not drawn, there is no tear gas to disperse crowds. Unless you threw a rock -- they won't be moving on you.

So a kid is just rolling up, or his dad said; "Sasha, daddy wants to take a photo."

It can still mean a lot for people who WANT to have fun with it -- but I think it's just a well-timed photo. No need for anyone to get upset about it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join