It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American voting is a complete Sham!!! You wanted the truth; well here it is

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

And what would you suggest doing to realistically ''fix the problem''?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I'm trying to get people to look at the big picture. You might do everything possible in an effort to Rage Against The Machine, but accomplish nothing. sort of like shadow boxing.

Sur everyone has their own belief pardignm, but just make sur it's your own and not implanted opinion

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by underduck

Originally posted by cointelprotroll
So forget about the politicians( they certainly have forgoten about you!) and worry about finding your own peace of mind and happiness while you still can. The only revolution worth fighting is the one within.

Bingo! The faster people realize this the faster the world around us will begin to actually change.

S & F for you.

This is the most important thing in life. This is the place that TPTB forbid us to go

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cointelprotroll

TPTB can put anyone they want in office, and do. Your votes don't count for anything in a digital age, nor have they ever.

I hate to break it to you but, it's never changed for thousands of years. It's always been the same, it just got a facelift when the age of reasoning began but under the surface it's the same as it was 3000+ years ago. Ordinary people are nothing to them. Has nothing to do with the digital age, it's been this way in every age. Freedom is an illusion they trick you into believing so you will be pacified and remain docile.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D

I don't think the OP is looking the other way, or rolling over. As a matter of fact the OP seems to be one of the few that are actually looking at the situation honestly. I get so tired of this illusion of voting that people seem so tied to. It's like make believe to me, or better yet the proverbial fantasy land. Pretending the system will work itself out isn't going to fix anything. All you're doing is chasing smoke with all the inherent flaws in the system. The one place where my perception is starting to change is that all these candidates are shills. I think the majority are just regular guys that get caught up in bull!@#$. Take GW for example. Earlier in his life he was a decent speaker. A perfect example was when he was running for Texas Governor, he was to the point and sharp, he didn't stumble over words or say stupid things. It just seemed during those presidential terms he was just mailing it in. He didn't really care. Or quite possibly just played stupid to ensure he didn't get killed. I know I may be reaching a bit, but it's an interesting aspect to think about with everything that was going on with the war on terror.

we are on the same page. It's hard getting along in their "fantasy land".
I have become so cynically skeptical of everything TPTB put on the plate. The voting fraud is just the tip of the bildaberg

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Exactly. Paul is no shill but I agree op that the voting is rigged. They are sending it to Spain before It is reported in the us now???

But The votes that can be seen in public.... The delegates, we are winning. I think there is going to be an interesting republican national convention in Tampa this year. I'm trying to get there myself

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

If you asked me to pick the next POTUS I would pick Paul but I would do so with a heavy sense of skepticism as to whether or not he could actually do anything about it.

At this point, almost anything other than the status quo is at least a shot.

Then again, big business loves predictability, and with either Romney or Obama, they've got it. They know the next four years will come and go without any real change from either of these guys...and I'll bet they're just happy campers thinking about it.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

I don't think the OP is looking the other way, or rolling over. As a matter of fact the OP seems to be one of the few that are actually looking at the situation honestly. I get so tired of this illusion of voting that people seem so tied to. It's like make believe to me, or better yet the proverbial fantasy land. Pretending the system will work itself out isn't going to fix anything. All you're doing is chasing smoke with all the inherent flaws in the system.

I definitely appreciate the sentiment, and if I were dealing ONLY with the level of voting itself, I'd agree (it's not the votes that count, it's who counts the vote - amiright?). I'm also getting at dealing with other levels of the process, and working out the kinks from the ground up.

When I see people mentioning these positions, I don't ever see any other solutions being presented - it tends to pretty much boil down to "Turn back - ignore it and don't participate"...which I have a very hard time understanding as accomplishing anything one way or the other. Agreed: JUST going out and voting will likely do no good, as you'll be outnumbered by the dumb and brain-dead even if no shenanigans beyond the media doing their job are involved. Getting at the root of the thing, though, and taking the power structure back over from the bottom-up - that's fixing the danged thing.

The one place where my perception is starting to change is that all these candidates are shills. I think the majority are just regular guys that get caught up in bull!@#$. Take GW for example. Earlier in his life he was a decent speaker. A perfect example was when he was running for Texas Governor, he was to the point and sharp, he didn't stumble over words or say stupid things. It just seemed during those presidential terms he was just mailing it in. He didn't really care. Or quite possibly just played stupid to ensure he didn't get killed. I know I may be reaching a bit, but it's an interesting aspect to think about with everything that was going on with the war on terror.

SHHHHHH!!!!! You're not supposed to notice that!

You DO recall his dad being the former CIA director, right? Dubya knew exactly what he was doing, and the folksy stupidity was just a way to get aware with much more than should have been allowed.

Be well!

<< 1   >>

join