It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

calling all older ATS'ers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'll be 50 within 3 weeks. Is that old? I don't think so. Lots of good advice in this thread. Puzzles? I'm in a small town but have a city paper with both the NYT and LAT crosswords. Do them. Helps keep the brain active. Reading. The brain is like a muscle. Exercise it and it'll stay healthy. Supplements? Oh hell yeah. Vitamins are awesome for the mind and body. Fish oils, vitamin D and(for me) Centrum Cardio give me what I need to feel 20 younger. Oh, and fiber. But for a different reason.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Speaking of chances, guess that is why I did the mad thing last year, resigning from a very highly-paid job, selling everything I had and moving to a new country just to follow my dreams.

Nothing wrong with your mind if you have the ability to pull that off.

Anyway calling people of 40 older is not right. They are youngsters. My son is 37. I think of my offspring as my children but he has been an armed police officer and is now a helicopter pilot on the rigs in the North Sea so I guess he is not a child any longer!

Two things keep my mind active, I am a programmer which keeps me thinking all the time, and ATS! I don't consider myself old, or even older, at 64.

Age is a state of mind.

edit on 11/5/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
reply to post by jiggerj

Did you know that people at work will let you wear your shirt inside our for hours before someone mentions it.

Ya know, it's the same when people have something disgusting on their nose. This crap happens. I tell them. Better to be embarassed by just one person than to work a few hours before looking in the mirror. Plus, I dont want to be seeing it all day. ICK!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

aahhhaaaahh yea
like ..is that like almost a new trend in the timeloop of.._+75
ChunZhen: 美国 德克萨斯州达拉斯市SoftLayer科技公司

edit on 11-5-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yeah - that's the ticket I am a trendsetter - in my own little time loopy thing.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Hi OP.

49 here.
I read constantly. Do a Sudoku puzzle every day. Plus I have a job where I have to make decisions every day. (great taste or less filling? Lets ask beezzer!)

We all feel it. Especially when I help my young son with his homework.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hold up

Just because you get older your brain does not get slower never been quicker on the uptake right now as when i was younger.

ATS train read and post don't watch Fox News
play some chess instead of video games etc.

mental exercise i guess.

42 as of right now.
edit on 11-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
My kids joke that they need to wear name tags so I stop calling them eachothers names....

I forgot my own anniversary.. and shamefully my husband had to remind me.

I ate something like a case of white castles and wound up in the ER because my digestion just isnt like it used to be... and lemme tell ya, severe gas pain feels like your appendix just exploded.

Other than that I have the mind as sharp as an 18 yr old....

Seriously though you cant beat a good diet ( white castles didnt count.. it was a once a decade splurge thing dammit) and supplements along with lots of physical activity. I actually can tell Im getting a little fuzzy on some things and using Lumosity to get the ol brain working better. IT WORKS!!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Hi OP.

49 here.
I read constantly. Do a Sudoku puzzle every day. Plus I have a job where I have to make decisions every day. (great taste or less filling? Lets ask beezzer!)

We all feel it. Especially when I help my young son with his homework.

Thanks Beez, I've never heard of sudoku puzzles. I just tried one and I have to ask, ARE YOU INSANE? I gave up on the third row.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join