It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret World CBT this weekend...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Is anyone here in? I got in!

The closed beta runs through this weekend from 9 am PDT, until Sunday, 11:59 PDT. If you're in, maybe we can check it out together.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid
Is anyone here in? I got in!

The closed beta runs through this weekend from 9 am PDT, until Sunday, 11:59 PDT. If you're in, maybe we can check it out together.

I wish. I'm a huge FunCom fan (almost moved to Norway to try to get a job there) and loved their other games. Age Of Conan is still one of the most underrated games out there.

I think if ATS members truly knew what Secret World was, they'd make it the official ATS Video Game.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Hahaha!! I agree. As I made this thread it occurred to me that I haven't seen a thing about this game here.

I'm just getting past the tutorial section now...very interesting!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Cool looking game. Will have to pick this possible gem up.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
While I'm waiting for a load screen, I'll tell a little of what I know so far.

There are no classes or levels. Only factions. You can choose from the Dragon in Seoul; the Illuminati, in New York; or the Templars, in London. It is based on the 'real world'...or, rather, the secrets of the real world. It's not a made up fantasy or sci-fi world, such as Tera/WoW or EVE.

Like I said, I've just begun. I'm a chick from Seoul, an elemental magician, so far. You have only 7 hot bars. Well, 14. 7 for actives, 7 for passives. Those of you with Nagas might find you've got too many buttons now.

I've just found the way to teleport to other parts of the world...in Agartha
because you know...the earth is hollow!

I'll post more as I learn it.
edit on 11-5-2012 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The premises of this game is that every conspiracy theory and myth is true. In the open beta you start off in Kingsmouth (H.P. Lovecrafts Innsmouth anyone) fighting zombies and the filth as a Templar

I'm enjoying it very much and it must be spot on for this community.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
i was in it, it was awesome!
this maybe the only time saying you are illuminati on this website wouldn't get you flamed

i think people on ats would love the game, FC incorporated so much stuff that people on here believe in, they did a really good job weaving everything in a believable way, i love it.

i mean who wouldn't love to be able to enter the hollow earth? hunt illuminati clues and face off against zombies?
sure it won't beat WoW anytime soon but why would anyone care? it was pure fun and it felt like a real world.

oh yeah and i'm illuminati! ha!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

Played it some yesterday.....I wasn't too impressed.

First off, you have to have a VERY good graphics card! I am running a 9500GT and it is the bare minimum to run the game! Not so sure I want to spend $250 to 300 to upgrade my graphics card.

Also, I was not able to run it in fullscreen mode, I was stuck only being able to use windowed mode and I couldn't read hardly anything that was happening in the game. Most likely because of my graphics card.....

I am going to give it another go today, and see if I can find some work arounds, but not getting to hopeful...

I did enjoy the concept of the game and what little bit of the story I got into.

new topics

top topics

join