It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions to Christians

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

I seem to hold strong to? You have me mistaken for a religious person. Christ gave two commands, to love God with all your mind and soul, and to love your neighbor as yourself. I do read the Bible sir, MOST folks don't realize the covenant was entered with the people in Exodus 24. It was broken by the people while Moses was on the mountain when they erected a golden calf.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by autowrench

What is the KJB based upon? You act as if scholars dont have the Textus Receptus or the LXX. Lol. Bacon wasnt over a thousand years old. Sorry to disappoint.

Forget the English versions bro, go back to the Greek!!!

edit on 12-5-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Oh, you are reading and quoting from the Greek? Excuse me. I was referring to the popular King James Version Bible, favored of all of Christendom. That would be the book "edited" for a year by Bacon. I know what I myself could do to a book like that in a year, and at the time, John Dee had the largest library in the world.

Bacon, Shakespeare, and the Mystic Foundations of America - New Atlantis

Dee, John Biography

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Oh, I responded. See he never mentioned that he read Greek. But what you say just bolsters it all a little more......how much longer will Christians believe in such a book? Humanity doesn't need a book to tell them what to do either. Just follow your Heart, you will be OK.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Might be time for the Christians to Tell the World "Forgive Us Jesus for we have Sinned Against You."

It is the only way out of the corner.

I have always said if there was a Jesus, and he did come back here, he would not be a happy camper, in fact he would be righteously angry at what his followers have been doing in his name for 2000 years. The real wake up call will be with the real ET Gods arrive, and they prove it to everyone.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
I have always said if there was a Jesus, and he did come back here, he would not be a happy camper, in fact he would be righteously angry at what his followers have been doing in his name for 2000 years.

I agree that Christ in his return won't be happy with alot of things done in his name. But thankfully, he's a forgiving kinda guy.

Also, not everyone who claims to be a follower of Christ actually is, ya know? Some break that "That shall not judge" commandment all the time (I know I have more than once. Not proud of it, but to deny such would be a lie). Just as the pharisee of his time did with the prostitute. So, I'll drop a Jesus quote on the subject: "He without sin, cast the first stone."

And when the crowd dispersed, he asked her, "Does any condemn you?"

She answered, "No."

Jesus then replied, "Then neither shall I. Go forth, and sin no more."

See, he already didn't plan to condemn her, he just wanted her to understand that she was forgiven. We all are. Christ didn't come to this world to condemn it, he came to save it. He simply stated to her that she should stop being a whore. This was for her own benefit. He loved her (not in the perverted sense of the word as it's been twisted) as he love all of us. He really was trying (and I believe, succeed at) help all of us, because he loved us.

Not trying to shove my beliefs down your throat. You can take it for what you will.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

And there are revisions. There have been several since 1611. There are over 5,000 available Greek manuscripts scholars have to verify accurate translations. Who cares if Bacon edited the KJB, or if Barney Rubble did, there are still Greek manuscripts all around the world that pre-date the KJB by 1,500 years. lol Any scholar who can read Greek can double-check what the originals say to what the English KJB says.

Now, if you REALLY want a conspiracy. Look at what the Gnostics did to the Bible books at Alexandria Egypt. They expurgated great portions of the text that didn't align with Gnostic doctrine. They created 3 of the most perverted Greek manuscripts on the planet, the TS, TV, and TA mss. In total they differ from the text of the TR in almost 80,000 places. They removed entire chapters and verses that they didn't like. And later invented numerous "gospels" and gave them false authorship in an attempt to give them credibility the true authors didn't have on their own.

edit on 14-5-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Oh, I responded. See he never mentioned that he read Greek. But what you say just bolsters it all a little more......how much longer will Christians believe in such a book? Humanity doesn't need a book to tell them what to do either. Just follow your Heart, you will be OK.

Yeah, I can read Greek. Not to mention tens of thousands of scholars throughout history since the KJB was translated. Most of them spend their entire lives studying the Greek and verifying the English translations. It's called "form criticism".

The arguments you're making aren't shaking ANYONE except folks who don't understand how scholarship works. Come on dude, give it a rest. If you REALLY want a conspiracy look into the expurgations of the Bible by the Gnostics, or their attempts to make fake epistles and gospels and slide them into the canon of scripture.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
One can always tell when NuT is into ignoring the obvious. Give him enough time and he'll be telling he was holding John's pen on Patmos and wrote it down for John. imho One will see the despertation build in the minions.

The Masons kick off the theme that Jesus, The Man, is the correct understanding. Then there are lots more supporting the same truth.

reluctant-messenger.com...

It was at this stage that Constantine made his momentous suggestion. Might not the relationship of Son to Father be expressed by the term homoousios ("of the same substance"). Its use, however, by the Sabellian bishops of Libya had been condemned by Dionysius of Alexandria in the 260s, and, in a different sense, its use by Paul of Samosata had been condemned by the Council of Antioch in 268. It was thus a "loaded" word as well as being unscriptural. Why Constantine put it forward we do not know. The possibility is that once again he was prompted by Hosius, and he may have been using it as a "translation" of the traditional view held in the West, that the Trinity was composed of "Three Persons in one substance," without inquiring further into the meaning of these terms. The Emperor had spoken, and no one dared touch the creed during his lifetime. The great majority of the Eastern bishops found themselves in a false position.

Then the Jewish information also doesn't support the John theme:

www.torahofmessiah.com...

The only way G-d's people are going to come out of mystery Babylon is to come out of Trinitarian doctrine that has made the Son like an incarnate god, much as Tammuz was the incarnation of Baal. Yeshua never came to usurp G-d's throne. Yeshua came to glorify G-d and His throne among G-d's people.

Then the Islam gets down to the highly specific study of the John forgery, with many references:

islamic-replies.ucoz.com...

The Forgery Of 1 John 5:7

--------

For the story of how the spurious words came to be included in the Textus Receptus, see any critical commentary on 1 John, or Metzger, The Text of the New Testament, pp. 101 f.; cf. also Ezra Abbot, "I. John v. 7 and Luther's German Bible," in The Authorship of the Fourth Gospel and Other Critical Essays (Boston, 1888), pp. 458�463." (Bruce Metzger - Textual Commentary Of The Greek New Testament - Second Edition: 1994 - Pages 647-649).

--------

Another Bible scholar named Bart Ehrman in this lecture affirmed that when the 1st scholar to put together a printed Greek New Testament (Erasmus was his name, & he was from Rotterdam, who lived from 1466-1536), in the year 1516, he compiled the New Testament in Greek, but never included the verse because it wasn't in the earliest manuscripts. The Latin theologians went ballistic, and according to a story the circulated, Erasmus said: "Look, it's not in any if the previous Greek manuscripts." The theologians said: "Yes, but it is part of the church's doctrine, so we need to include it in there, otherwise you would have got rid of the trinity." Erasmus said: "If you can produce a Greek manuscript which has it in it, I'll include it in my next edition." And so, the theologians produced a Greek manuscript, by adding the verse in, themselves. When the theologians copied the Latin, they took the verse which was in Latin, translated it back into Greek, and stuck it at 1 John 5:7, and Erasmus was true to his word, and included that in his next edition of the Bible. It was on the basis of that Greek edition that the KJV is based off of.

----------

Even so, 1 John was written a few centuries before the fabricated verse ever existed (Harris, Stephen L, Understanding the Bible (Palo Alto: Mayfield, 1985) 1 John - Pg. 355-356). Hence, this verse wasn't confirmed by any of the writers of 1 John nor any writers of the Bible. So, there is no divinely inspired textual variants of this verse as some Christian may claim. This background information on this forgery went undetected for 100's of years within the Christian community.

---------

Late manuscripts of 1 John 5:7 are certainly not God-breathed since theologians had to get this verse in, to prove the Trinity! Why else would they try to get this verse in the Bible, if they believed the trinity was already explicitly taught? Because it wasn't, and they needed this verse to seal the deal. For Biblical inerrantists who are King James Onlyists, this would be a big problem for them. Christians have said regarding 1 John 5:7:

"In fact, most Christian scholars believe that this verse (1 John 5:7) on the Trinity was not in the original text that God inspired, since it scarcely appears in any manuscript before the fifteenth century." (Norman L. Geisler & Abdul Saleeb - Answering Islam: The Crescent In Light Of The Cross - Baker Books, 2002 - Page 310).

"This part is NOT PART OF THE INSPIRED TEXT." (John MacArthur - 1-3 John: NT Commentary - Moody Publishers - Page 196).

www.bismikaallahuma.org...

Conclusions

We have seen how Christian scholars themselves have agreed that 1 John 5:7, the most significant verse in the New Testament to depict the Trinity, was inserted into the text and not part of the original. Hence, with this “Trinitarian” verse being confirmed as a fabrication, where is the justification for the Trinitarian beliefs held by Christians today?

At this point one gets to see a good bit of the despiration of the organized churches minions trying to prop up the John forgery, as they know all is on the line. They know the entire credibilty of the fake organized church is on the line, as this one claim falls. They become like lowly snakes crawling along the ground with dirt in their nostrils and are shown not to walk upright as man. imho

www.vanguardngr.com...

God is not a Trinity

The word “Trinity” can be found nowhere in the Bible. It is completely incongruous with scriptural understanding of God. God is not three persons. There is only one God and it is the Father. Jesus says: “salvation is of the Jews.” (John 4:22). Salvation is neither of the Romans nor of the Italians. The Trinity is an unscriptural concept, smuggled into Christendom under Roman Constantine by cloak-and-dagger means.

Ultimately, the fake need for a trinity sets up Polytheism, which shows the Minion's real intentions to god.

edit on 14-5-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Finding the John Forgery is easy----the minion's despiration shows as they know this makes them a lie

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I have looked into this, and I agree with you. Remember some of my opening lines? No Original Writings Exist? To which you replied, "of course not, they didn't have a printing press," of terminology akin to that. The real conspiracy is when the Roman Catholic Church, in the middle of seizing power, burned and destroyed every religious book in the land, so that theirs would be the only one. Even the Hebrews will tell you their Torah is no original, but copied from earlier text, that no longer exists.
So, in effect, nothing is original. Not the Hebrew, the Greek, the German, or the Latin. You cannot point to one and say, "that one is true." No matter how much you want it to be. The Aramaic was not used in the translation of the King James Bible. Only the Greek texts were used.
The Aramaic (Pe#ta) Bible

The fact is, the Aramaic and Pe#ta were altered and revised over and over through the ages, and when the Aramaic was finally delivered to Europe in the 18th Century, it was not in any way close to the original Aramaic. The altering of the "original" Aramaic was done by the people in the Middle East, not Germany. Furthermore; the oldest Aramaic text is only dated to about 450 AD. This was before Constantine had taken power in a big way, so the claim is that it predates the Roman Western texts. The problem is, the Aramaic text was the text of the Nestorians, and eventually, the Eastern Catholic Church.
source

Greek Versions & Bible Translations

What is the REAL Douay-Rheims Bible?

So you see? The King James was copied from the Greek, they are basically one and the same. The corruption affects each and every text, there is no possible way to tell if a text is a record of a real event, or a lie to throw off truth. I fail to see how an intelligent person can still believe this book is the "Word of God." Just yesterday I was in a religious discussion with an 89 year old man. He had just sighted a UFO that morning, the third time he had seen it in his life, and had many questions for me. One was "did I think Jesus was coming in such a spacecraft?"

Anyway, I told him of my recent discovery about the King James, and we got into a small argument. He informed me that Jesus Christ authored the entire Bible, both Old and New Testaments. See how people are brainwashed into thinking things, and then they go through life in a state of utter confusion? Does any one of the Christians in here agree that Jesus Christ wrote the entire Bible? How about you, NOTurTypical....do you believe this?
edit on 5/14/12 by autowrench because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I will not argue with you, too redundant, and we have traveled that path before. Truthfully, I don't believe you can read and understand Greek, you surely would have brought this little gem out before. When I asked you about it, I was being sarcastic. Didn't pick up on that, did you?

I have been at exposing Christianity and the Bibles for over 25 years, friend, it is my Mission in Life. I will never be distracted, thrown from, or chased from that Mission. Time is short, and Humanity does not have a great deal of time left to learn what is what.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Nice little video about the issue of falsely making Jesus god and pushing in polytheism, or that theme of Babylon Trinity and worship of the satanic theme for god.

video.google.com...#

"Misquoting Jesus: Scribes Who Altered Scripture and Readers Who May Never Know," a textual criticism of Biblical manuscript tampering by Bart Ehrman, Professor or Religious Studies of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

edit on 14-5-2012 by MagnumOpus because: link

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I'm talking about the Greek on most the threads around here.
In fact, I was attacked my former member "KJV1611" for referring back to the original Greek in places where the KJB fudges up a translation, or where it's not clear in the English. But okay, lol.

edit on 14-5-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
5) Why did God create dinosaurs and so many other organisms before humans existed? It was hundreds of millions of years before we came about. Practice? Or were we just lucky to be the surviving race?

Thank you.

I randomly thought one question number because I do not know if you are deserving of true answers as thee may not be able to comprehend realizations.

My answer is this -

Y ask Y?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join