It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banned? Can we get a why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Here's the thing. The user who gets banned, gets a reason. It's up to them if they want to, some how, contact you and explain why. It shouldn't be up for discussion as it creates problems for the mods and makes it harder to do, an already tough job.

Very good point. This makes perfect sense, it would create a lot of problems.

I hereby withdraw my request and nominate phishyblankwaters to receive the title "Threadkiller" with all rights and priviledges.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I don't mean to imply anything about the moderators. I've been slapped on the wrist a few times, but its been deservered. I guess if I get it for this thread, its deserved, ignorance of the T&C is no excuse.

I'm not questioning whether or not the member should have been banned. I think sometimes the really horrific posts get deleted (or you can read some of the posts and have a pretty good idea why that person got the boot). I was just thinking in general terms.

Mods....have mercy!!!

Lol - All you seemed expressing was that it would be good to have a reason given why a poster is banned
But I am saying one did that only the other day IE explained when asked
Don't worry I doubt you will get banned for this post - maybe taken into Skunk works and slapped around a little is all

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Wow.....an hour later and the thread is still open.....what to think, what to think?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
we don't discuss individual bannings, unless the situation warrants it (intentional hoaxing, for example).

As to why your friends were banned, well, ask them. I'm sure they'll say one of two things.

1. I didn't do anything wrong, the mods are (insert derogatory remark) and the site is lame anyway
2. I screwed up, broke the tees and cees and they caught mee.

in both cases, they broke the terms and conditions in some form or other and, to get perma banned, you really need to break them, repeatedly, not fess up to it, not be willing to change your ways and be dumb enough to not simply start a new account and try again.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Banned?

Nein.

All of your "friends" have been transported to reeducation centers.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Oh I love you guys! Thanks for all the lighthearted comments...really helped with a crappy day.

Crakeur.....thank you for the explanation.
edit on 11-5-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join