It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EQ activity on the rise in Central Oklahoma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Friday 5/11/12 @ 2.59 AM CST a 3.4 magnitude

Thursday 5/10/12 @ 11.37 pm CST a 3.0 magnitude

Thursday 5/10/12 @ 4:14 pm CST a 2.9 magnitude

All of these EQ's have been centralized around the Oklahoma City area. I believe they are fracking related and that we could possibly be in for something much bigger very soon. I did not feel any of these either, just wanted to throw that out there.

KFOR

USGS\

Lets wait and see. Any thoughts?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
And of course the USGS has downgraded the magnitudes of the smaller quakes

2.7 EQ

2.9 Quake

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If some jerk posts telling you the quakes are insignificant. Tell them to get a life.

Pretty interesting

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Ok.

Oklahoma EQ activity has risen exponentionally over the last few years. These quakes I take very seriously. With more and more talk about fracking causing minor quakes this could be what it is or it could just be natural. I don't know. It looks like its a swarm though. I'm just sitting back and waiting for another 5.7 like we had last year

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KewlDaddyFatty

I agree. I dont know much about fracking but from what I do know the people that are doing it dont know much about it either.

Its pretty scary when you think about what they could be doing to the earth in the name of profit.

PostScript- And you know what I mean,every thread I see that is about a quake under 7 has a flock of jerks fly in to rip on the OP.
edit on 11-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This fracking malarkey is really a crap thing to do!

They did this in Blackpool and it caused EQs but they stopped and now they are saying they want to start again but this time they'll be careful not to cause EQs!

WTH!!! If something is causing problems then stop bloody doing it!

Greed is causing everything crap to happen! People want more money in form of gas, oil and other natural resources without giving a damn about how it affects the Earth itself!!!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
even if these quakes are fracking related the consequences of shifting the new madrid zone could be major. either the new madrid zone is waking up a bit or fracking is MAKING it wake up and that is screwed up.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

If fracking is waking up the New Madrid region then those of us in this area are all doomed when it decides to release it's energy.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm in Oklahoma so I hope they aren't a precursor to the big one. EQs on the New Madrid seems to be getting a little more active as well. I guess we will have to wait and see! Thanks for posting, OP

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
##snipped##

Thank you OP for attempting to post this information. The USA has had a sudden burst of earthquakes yesterday and I, for one, very much appreciate the threads giving personal accounts. It is also very good to alert people of these new instances and not let them get ignored because they are buried in a "mega" thread. This is what discussion groups are for.

EDIT TO ADD LINK TO CLOSED THREAD:
Oklahoma 4.0, 5/10/12
edit on 5/11/2012 by dreams n chains because: added link

edit on Fri May 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Off Topic material deleted

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lindsay1984

You're welcome and wait and see is all we can do! Be prepared and be safe.

I added you as a friend BTW cause we are both in OK and it looks like you like to rock out, I like to jam too. I'm having a Rock Band party tonight!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

It would be a shame if it got closed because it kinda into a different catergory with this being a potential swarm, which does hit close to home for me. I don't know. So far so good.

top topics

join