It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pay to promote posts on Facebook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Facebook are now testing out a pay-2-promote newsfeed posting system in New Zealand.
BBC
The added commercial factor is hardly surprising, especially considering the lucrative amount of money to be made if this went global which it probably will.

It sounds like a great way for local businesses to advertise on facebook and there is also the influential appeal to event organisers and charity pages.

I'm glad I rarely log into facebook anymore, give it a few years and it'll be plastered with noisy self promoting nuisance..

More so than usual anyway.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Great
I honestly hope Facebook meets the demise that MySpace met. I'm glad I left years ago as well.

Last thing we need besides reading what anyone does every 10 minutes, Is blowing up ads on the home page. Ugh.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
somehow facebook has to justify it's predicted ipo value of $100 billion.

yes, that number is real. 100 billion dollars.

on friday may 18th, facebook is expected to have a $100 billion cash infusion by investors.

if you're wondering how a free service can pay back investors that kind of finance, look no more, until the days when facebook users will have to wait 45 seconds for a commercial to end before they are directed to their page.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I had a good LOL when I read what you typed.

give it a few years and it'll be plastered with noisy self promoting nuisance..

Is that not what FB is all about?
Narcissm....arrogance Etc.
unless you mean, give it a few years and it'll be plastered with noisy corporate self promoting nuisance..
Even at that, there is not a company that does not have a FB page.
This is why I want a dislike button.

G146541 Likes this.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Great
I honestly hope Facebook meets the demise that MySpace met. I'm glad I left years ago as well.

Last thing we need besides reading what anyone does every 10 minutes, Is blowing up ads on the home page. Ugh.

its funny I use firefox add on's
to block the crap outta all forms
of adds on all websites, even ATS

Who still lets themselves be victim to Internet advertizing

its not hard to stop

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Deleted my facebook, Google+ is a better product, people just need to switch. Hangouts are awesome too!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
Great

its funny I use firefox add on's
to block the crap outta all forms
of adds on all websites, even ATS

Who still lets themselves be victim to Internet advertizing

its not hard to stop

Same here. It's a kick in the pants for them too, because their advertising isn't really working if people can just block it.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This could, sort of, circumvent net-neutrality. Carriers could still allow access to their pipes on equal terms. But if websites create a tiered system for presenting content, you've effectively created a non-neutral internet.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Sure...everyone wants their opinion put out there in great big bolded letters. The question is, how many people want to be bothered by blazing bulletins that their obnoxious and attention-seeking friends paid for?

Me, I'm not interested. If your opinions and statuses are that compelling, you don't need to pay to keep them visible. I know people who post a status, and within half an hour, they have 20 comments and 8 likes. To me, that's pretty social. If I get a single comment, I consider it a good day.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
twittering/facebooking/etc is just randomly bragging about your unexceptional life

top topics

join