It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian plane crash,12 Victims found.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Questions mounted over how the twin-engine Sukhoi Superjet 100, a new passenger plane with a veteran pilot at the controls, crashed into Mount Salak, a dormant volcano well-known to pilots as a peril. Rescuers struggled to reach the jungly site on the face of the mountain, using climbing equipment to ascend the near-vertical slope where bodies and debris were scattered. “Today we reached the crash site… and we found 12 victims and they were all dead. We will continue the evacuation process,” said Daryatmo, head of the national search and rescue agency, who goes by one name. “I still don’t know the condition of the bodies, but we haven’t been able to evacuate them. The bodies are still in body bags,” he told reporters in Jakarta. Marine Lieutenant Colonel Oni Junianto, who was helping to oversee the rescue effort, told AFP that the bodies were identifiable. “There are no signs they were burnt,” he said. A rescuer returning from the site said he witnessed haunting scenes of torn bodies and limbs that were put inside body bags.

All aboard the aircraft were killed.

My thoughts go out to the family of the dead, The question is how could veteran pilot make such a mistake around such a dangerous area.
For now it's unclear how this fateful event happened.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Russian engineering is how it happened. A Russian crew would only add to the effect. I've said it before: Russian technology knows one result and that is to leave human flesh inanimate. It will always be a suicide trap.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

The question is how could veteran pilot make such a mistake around such a dangerous area.

I think though they may
have been Veteran Pilots
They may not have been to
familiar with the topography

cosmic egg ... your right
the russ don't have the best
safety record ....

they seem to kinda roll with ...the end justify the means...
although this didn't end well so whats this mean

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

It means DON'T BUY BLOODY RUSSIAN AERONAUTICS. Pretty clear message in my eyes. But I knew that already. I live to close to Russia to think otherwise. And I'm not an engineer. I'm someone interested in staying alive for a while longer. That old POV thing is sobering. Those guys on the flight were probably engineers. Look what it got them.

top topics

join