It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quakes Moving East in United States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I have been posting this for the last few months. It appears that earthquake activity shows a pattern of movement shortly before a large quake. I first noticed this in the Mediterranean. Here is a recent picture of 7 days of activity in the US.

Compare this to an earlier picture I posted.

For those who notice these things, you may realize that there have been many odd quakes on the upper east coast. If you draw a line through the pattern, these quakes connect. It seems that the Midwest, where I live, may be in for a large quake soon. California also seems to be off the charts with activity. May 20th should prove to be a date to watch. Here is another screen grab I did a month ago.

Here are my previous threads on the subject:

1) US EARTHQUAKE COMING

2) Mediterranean Quake Thread 2

3) Mediterranean Quake Thread 1

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Yeah I woke up and saw the live map I view, and was like, holy hell, then started laughing thinking here we go get ready lol,

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Could the New Madrid trigger Yellowstone?
edit on 11-5-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy

Could the New Madrid trigger Yellowstone?

had never thought of that before, would seem like a pretty bad scenario where the continental US is being flooded on one end and exploding on the other end..

hmmmm which side would you rather be on?

edit on 11-5-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

I like where I'm at. Lou. KY, but still would be affected.

Might be swimming lol

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
bring on the quakes , its time for a change folks, west coast should be prepared for may 20 or around that date. Also, the Madrid fault central US should also be on the risk of an earthquake. Earthquakes are not predictable but due to an eclipse and planetary alignment ,also a major sunspot on the sun right now, can affect this tectonic plates.
edit on 11-5-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

I have been posting this for the last few months. It appears that earthquake activity shows a pattern of movement shortly before a large quake. I first noticed this in the Mediterranean. Here is a recent picture of 7 days of activity in the US.

Compare this to an earlier picture I posted.

For those who notice these things, you may realize that there have been many odd quakes on the upper east coast. If you draw a line through the pattern, these quakes connect. It seems that the Midwest, where I live, may be in for a large quake soon. California also seems to be off the charts with activity. May 20th should prove to be a date to watch. Here is another screen grab I did a month ago.

Here are my previous threads on the subject:

1) US EARTHQUAKE COMING

2) Mediterranean Quake Thread 2

3) Mediterranean Quake Thread 1

My eyes are fixed on usgs and my heart is open to whatever may come our way as i will not fear change. If something bad has to happen to bring about GOOD..... Im more than ready.

I too have noticed more activity the past week. California is a given but Nevada, Wyoming, Texas, Indiana and Oklahoma.... Oh..... Cant forget about Arkansas.... Just too much activity to not wonder and specualte.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

and Missouri I to noticed smaller quakes there off and on could be normal, but is still very alarming as well

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well not intending to be a stick in the mud, but I don't think it's a big deal. 15-20 years ago we didn't have websites showing everything from a 1.0 up so it appears there is more but what it really means is more info is available.

15-20 years ago if it wasn't a "window breaker" the news didn't report it so...you never knew it happened. It's just the result of having more real time data available that makes it appear significant...but I personally don't think it means anything substantial.

As far as the New Madrid triggering Yellowstone....who knows...if the magma chamber were fractured or otherwise compromised...I suppose it could start a reaction....But there is a lot of territory between the New Madrid and the Yellowstone caldera ....not a doomsayer so I don't know for sure.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Helix2112

You are right.... We didnt have real time news therefore the news were not telling us to be prepared for a big one in the next 50 years either. We know more, so we think and not only that..... There are signs from this knowing that do indeed allow us to be more prepared. We used to not know when there was a tornado heading our way. Living in TN i can appreciate the real time news when it comes to alerting us with bad weather. Earthquakes cannot be predicted. If a big one happens in my area it will be more devestating than a tornado. Its a real concern.

All we can do though is talk about it and hope for the best. I wont get carried away with specualtion as nothing may come of the recent activity but it is indeed something to keep an eye on. Some will argue there are tell tell signs before an eq. If so..... That would at least give me time to be in the same place as my kids. They are my main concern.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by Helix2112

You are right.... We didnt have real time news therefore the news were not telling us to be prepared for a big one in the next 50 years either. We know more, so we think and not only that..... There are signs from this knowing that do indeed allow us to be more prepared. We used to not know when there was a tornado heading our way. Living in TN i can appreciate the real time news when it comes to alerting us with bad weather. Earthquakes cannot be predicted. If a big one happens in my area it will be more devestating than a tornado. Its a real concern.

All we can do though is talk about it and hope for the best. I wont get carried away with specualtion as nothing may come of the recent activity but it is indeed something to keep an eye on. Some will argue there are tell tell signs before an eq. If so..... That would at least give me time to be in the same place as my kids. They are my main concern.

I can actually appreciate what you are saying. My kids are adults now and my oldest is married and living several states away....my youngest just came home from college for the summer.

I try not to think about these doomsday things too much. My opinion is that if it happens, I want to go out in the first wave...I don't want to have to suffer and try to scratch out a living in a post apocalyptic world....I see no joy anywhere in there.

I used to live in central Arkansas...just outside of Little Rock in a little town called Benton. Dry county...the weekend fun was planning a trip to the county line and buying booze and beer for the weekend....we did crazy-crazy things...it was fun though.....I remember sitting in the parking lot of our apartment complex and getting smashed while watching funnel clouds form and stretch down to the ground....what a weird ass bunch we used to be...

I am not ready to write us out of the script just yet....I think we will be fine but we will not be happy...there is too much hate and fear in the world for anyone to be overly happy....I hope that changes....but I don't know how it can....I like to think that we need a kickstart, some event....something to take out a bunch of the thugs, losers and dregs and open the door for new adventure....I know...sounds really twisted...but I think that is what we need

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
i'm new to being more aware of quakes. looking at your pics all i see is a bunch of circles. i'm trying to understand your theory but not quite getting it. are the quakes moving from west to east? and what would that mean?

edit on 11-5-2012 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
i'm new to being more aware of quakes. looking at your pics all i see is a bunch of circles. i'm trying to understand your theory but not quite getting it. are the quakes moving from west to east? and what would that mean?

edit on 11-5-2012 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

I have been watching it daily for some time now. The quakes are moving further east each week. Occasionally, there are quakes on the upper East coast. A line seems to be connecting from West to East. Movement can definitely be seen. The same happened in the Mediterranean before last months 8th largest quake in recorded history. That quake happened in the Indian ocean. You can see my other two threads on that topic.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

where would a big quake be likely if it's moving east? seems like the new madrid area is waking up with all these odd quakes around it. i'll try to look through your other threads. thanks!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Well, it seems I am not alone after all in my claim that we are going to see a lot of seismic activity in the East of the USA, in particular in New England coast, primarly although not exclusively in between New York and Boston and in the Mississippi valley, in the vast area between Oklahoma and Tenesseee in the deep south to Missouri and Kentucky in the mid west.

This is going to be only the begining of the troubles for America, since these medium to high intensity quakes will preceed an even more intense volcanic-seismic activity in the north west, until to reach the dimensions of mega activity in the far West coast arriving probably at around one year or so.

If you want to know more details about my hypotheses on seismic trend affecting the country please visit my thread at:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks.

The Angel of Lightness

new topics

top topics

join