It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to build a free energy generator! Suggestions?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Please... lets not get into the discussion of "it can't be done". That is not the topic of this thread.

Free energy is not possible. I have seen an article of a German scientist, claiming to harness the "ether" in order to obtain free energy.

However, you will find it very unlikely to build a "free energy" machine, from some simple things.

Sorry man, but it can't be done.

vvv

Earth spins on over unity, something to do with the liquid iron core, and the magnetic lines, she's wound up like a coil.

What you wrote couldn't be further from the truth, in reality there are probably designs that draw from the "ether", but mostly its magnetic devices, creating a SINE wave, ie, if you use magnets, that spin you need to give them Flex.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I don't have the bandwidth to spare while at work.

There are a lot of people who have a lot of experience with electronics. Myself among them (40 years). You have electronic techs and ham operators. TPTB can't pay them all off. I wish they would pay me off. I would galdly not post on here for a measly million.

If this circuit worked as described we would have heard about it.

If I have time when I get home I'll look at the vids. But trust me it doesn't produce more than it takes in.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Ok, that makes sense, but still how hard can that be? If he thinks this works, why hasn't he done a new vid showing it, it's been a year.

How hard is it to hook up a rechargable battery and use it as a source to charge another one. If this principle works you would be able to run this thing indefinately with two sets of batteries, well one has to change between them, but still.

But I'm betting it doesn't work.

He is not on YouTube, that is a person from PESN who was interested in what he was doing and they took some footage to put on YouTube.

Ok, so does he have patents or working prototypes a year later?
edit on 11-5-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Earth spins on over unity, something to do with the liquid iron core, and the magnetic lines, she's wound up like a coil.

No it doesn't.

Space doesn't provide any friction to slow it down.
and
If we were to start using the Earths magnetic field to generate electricity, we would alter the rotation. most certainly extend the length of the day but also shift the position of the equator.

There is no free ride.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

Ok, that makes sense, but still how hard can that be? If he thinks this works, why hasn't he done a new vid showing it, it's been a year.

Well I don't know, why don't you try contacting him and asking why.

How hard is it to hook up a rechargable battery and use it as a source to charge another one. If this principle works you would be able to run this thing indefinately with two sets of batteries, well one has to change between them, but still.

Well it should theoretically be able to run on one battery basically forever or until the battery degrades into a useless state. And he does actually state that he left the circuit running all night and there wasn't any detectable voltage drop in the system.

But I'm betting it doesn't work.

That's what I thought at first too. And perhaps my measurements are wrong, I don't know for sure. I actually tried building this circuit several months ago and I couldn't get more out than what was going in... but after adding a larger toroid it worked. And trust me, I could hardly believe my own eyes.

I don't expect any of you to believe me, it's not easy to take the word of some anonymous dude posting on a forum. I don't blame you, I wouldn't believe me either unless I saw it for myself. Even when I create a video showing my measurement I doubt it will change the mind of many people.

And hey, that's probably better for me. Don't believe me, I don't want a bunch of attention from the power companies. This is just personal experimentation.

Ok, so does he have patents or working prototypes a year later?

The project is open source, he is not patenting anything. And again, I have no idea where he is at with this circuit.
edit on 11-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Well, I am very skeptical, but I'll keep an eye open for it.

Let us know if you have news.

Peace.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It is just using engey that is around us.
Like solar power from the sun.

the earth has a ver powerful magnetic field.
so if you make a device that uses magnets.
you should move it so you can find the best
way to aline it with the earths magnetic filed.

some exsperiments fail becouse of this.
and dont forget that thire is a ful spectrum of engey.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Ok... MAJOR UPDATE here folks...

The circuit by Steven Jones (see page 2) DOES APPEAR TO WORK after I attached a larger toroid to the system. I am now measuring more watts out then what I measure going in. There's roughly 17.6 watts going in and roughly 18.2 watts going out!!! However, Steven did claim his circuit was showing an 8x over-unity so perhaps I need to tweak it some more or add an even larger toroid. I will create a video showing live measurements when I get some time.

EDIT: actually I think what I need to do is play around with my variable resistors like he was doing.

PS - the rechargeable batteries which I'm using for my camera are dead, but are currently charging. I'll try to get a video made within a few hours.

OK, I just had a look at the circuit diagram in the video. All it is, is an oscillator. It is just a positive feedback loop. No way that can generate "free energy". Just remember, your multimeter cannot read AC power accurately. (only at mains frequencies, AND only IF voltage and current is IN phase). If you want to know the exact power that it is drawing or supplying, use a 2-channel oscilloscope (even better a 4channel one), one channel measuring the current going into the primary winding, and the other the voltage across the primary. Then you will see a phase shift, between the 2. If you google "power factor", you will find a formula. (P=V*I*cos(theta)). That gives you the real input power. Once you start drawing current (power) from your oscillator, (do it through a diode, supplying an electrolytic cap, load in parallel with the cap if you use 2 multimeters, else you can just use a series resitor in the ground line of your secondary to hook your 3rd scope channel on, and and another scope probe over your output from the transformer). That way you can measure DC voltage and current into your load), then you can use the formula for AC power, and compare it to your output power. You will see that you WILL draw less power than what you supply to this load.
The important thing to remember here is that your multimeter does not give you a indication of the phase angle between voltage and current.

I have a love-hate relationship with the circuit shown in that video, because in some parts of the RF spectrum, a slight derivation from that circuit was as close as the perfect, low-noise RF amp you can get (the lossless-feedback amp). I battled for 15years with those types of amps, to keep them from oscillating, so I've studied that configuration in the smallest details. If I ever noticed that that configuration gave out more energy than what went into it, I would have been a billionaire by now.
edit on 11/5/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

Yes, a larger toroid will make a difference in your results, if you use a multimeter, because the phase angle will change. That just means that the oscillator oscillates at a lower frequency. Use an oscilloscope, and learn how to measure current with an oscilloscope. You cannot use a multimeter reliably to measure AC if you want to convert that into power. You need to keep the power factor in mind, which a multimeter cannot give you.

On second thoughts. It is a very simple circuit OP, you can easily simulate it with software, and see where it gets you. Just download the version of pSpice by Analog Devices (for free) here pspice, read up how to stimulate a circuit, and run the simulation on it. Then you will see if that circuit works. You will get something for free, and that is how to learn how to use an essential tool when you want to work with electronics.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread839429/pg5#pid14095741]post by
And hey, that's probably better for me. Don't believe me, I don't want a bunch of attention from the power companies. This is just personal experimentation.

No you don't. Happened to me in 1995 when my electrical bill dropped from $340 a month to about $40. The electrical company gets very invasive. Sent me letters asking if I had changed to gas heat, sent out tech's to test the meter and then change the meter. Then they sent out a tech and an engineer who wanted to see what I was doing. Fortunately, I was working with the NRC and that kept them out of my lab, they only got to look a the electrical panel LOL.

A little clue, it's all about fields and your ability to manipulate them. You mentioned using a toroidal transformer, well, that's the right field shape to start with, but the wrong material. It's extremely improbably that you will achieve "free" energy unless you alter and manipulate quantum states.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Well I don't need to do any of that complicated stuff because it turns out I was too hasty with my claim of free energy. My measurements were incorrect after all. I still had the circuit sitting in my breadboard from months ago, all I did was change the toroid then I started measuring. What I didn't notice was that I had some wires in the wrong place and they were interfering with my measurement. After removing the wires and correcting the circuit my measurements are back to what they were when I first tried building the circuit, that is to say I'm not seeing any sign of over-unity. Sorry about that folks. Seems like I need to go back to the drawing board.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Most probably you connected a huge inductor in series with your incoming line..... That would have stuffed up their old power meters that relied on voltage and current in phase, lol ..... but you didn't use less energy, you just stuffed around the power-meter, the same as the OP's multimeter was stuffed around when he was trying to read the power when current and voltage was out of phase

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
While I disagree with those who say it is not possible. Nature can do it, therefor I feel that there must be a way. I also have a neat idea using power that has already been created, since it is all around us. I'm talking about radio waves, cell phones, etc... They are all using charged particles that are all over the planet and beyond. Now if you can tap into those waves and amplify them, you can charge a battery. Now it seems to me that this battery should never die because there would be no fluctuation, it would always be full.

Anyway, just my thought. Sadly I don't have the knowledge to actually create such a device, however maybe some others do.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Well I don't need to do any of that complicated stuff because it turns out I was too hasty with my claim of free energy. My measurements were incorrect after all. I still had the circuit sitting in my breadboard from months ago, all I did was change to toroid then I started measuring. What I didn't notice was that I had some wires in the wrong place and they were interfering with my measurement. After removing the wires and correcting the circuit my measurements are back to what they were when I first tried building the circuit, that is to say I'm not seeing any sign of over-unity. Sorry about that folks. Seems like I need to go back to the drawing board.

lol ok .... but get yourself a little oscilloscope (even a cheap, USB scope is fine, but even cheaper, is an analogue scope you can get cheaply on e-bay). Don't rely on a DMM for giving accurate measurements, unless you know its shortcomings. And the pictures on a scope screen looks better than the numbers on a DMM

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It's impossible to ever get out more than you put in and free energy is impossible too.

You will however get "know-nothings" here than will tell you otherwise, just ask them one question "do you have one working?" Their answer will be no.

If you already have the electronics you could try and build a "windbelt" generator.

I am waiting on some magnets to be delivered to make mine.

They don't make much energy, but if you make lots of them and use them to charge a 12v battery it's better than nothing.

everything i have runs from 12v
edit on 11-5-2012 by dmsuse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Yes I already have a small portable USB scope which I got off of eBay. Still figuring out how to use it properly though. I'm not an expert at this stuff, I just tinker with electronics when I'm bored.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhodin
While I disagree with those who say it is not possible. Nature can do it, therefor I feel that there must be a way. I also have a neat idea using power that has already been created, since it is all around us. I'm talking about radio waves, cell phones, etc... They are all using charged particles that are all over the planet and beyond. Now if you can tap into those waves and amplify them, you can charge a battery. Now it seems to me that this battery should never die because there would be no fluctuation, it would always be full.

Anyway, just my thought. Sadly I don't have the knowledge to actually create such a device, however maybe some others do.

No, you cell phone, radio, picks up just a teeny, weeny little bit of energy that was put into the antenna of the cellphone base-station, the radio station, and an unimaginably small part of what the sun and the remnants of the big-bang transmits. To amplify those small signals, you need power, a lot more power than what you get from your antenna. Of course, if you can somehow have a long antenna, that can harvest a lightning bolt, or the energy from a solar flare, and somehow manage to store that energy without everything melting in your circuit, you will have more than enough energy to last you a lifetime

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Fire away.

Ha! When I saw the thread title I was thinking wow,that poster will be attacked by a mob of the lovely ATS members.Edit-way more polite than I thought. I feel bad now (:

I suggest you try to hack into wherevever the military keeps the patents that it steals from people.

Im sure the military has free energy. Im sure they have many systems that are close and better than what we have. If only governments actually cared about raising our standard of living and setting us free instead of maintaining the status quo.

And what about that tower Tesla built. That they scuttled all those years ago? That sounded like an awesome idea. Only trouble was there were no metres so no profit could be made. We cant have that

edit on 11-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You seem to know a fair bit about electronics so while your here I would like to ask you a question. You've probably heard of the joule ringer by lasersaber... if not look it up on YouTube. I'm fairly certain it works as he shows it, but what I'm wondering is how it actually works. It seems to me like he's using a massive transformer to step up the voltage and that's why it produces a loud 'ringing' noise, because he's putting a huge amount of pressure on the transformer. What are your thoughts?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Sorry about that folks. Seems like I need to go back to the drawing board.

It's ok, but don't waste your time dwelling on making some kind of device that creates energy out of nothing, cause it ain't gonna happen. Not with that approach and, not with some mechanical device anyway. Not to criticise you cause the subject is interesting, and we may one day be able to draw energy from seemingly nothing, but it will not be with a mechanical device operating in normal earth conditions, imo.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

OK, I just had a quick look it it. It is another oscillator, in a similar vein as the previous one. didn't run any simulation on on, so I can't tell you the frequency it will oscillate at (as I don't know what core material he uses), but that is besides the point. Assuming 100% efficiency (which you won't get do to eddy currents), you will get about 475V in the secondary windings.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join