It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to build a free energy generator! Suggestions?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
For thos who say free energy doesnt exist, well this is obviously a falsehood. All atoms exist using perpetual motion, its the energy that keeps electrons in thier orbits.

Tapping into this energy however is the tricky part.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

As already pointed out a wind turbine might be the most simple one to build.

Then there are Low Temperature Differential (LTD) Stirling Engines. The are not too hard to construct and run from very low temperature differentials(water evaporation cooling). The world record is about 0.5 degrees if I remember correctly.

Or you could combine a Stirling with a concentrator mirror to get the efficiency up a bit.

Another interesting project might be an electrostatic motor. I've never seen a working one though. www.only1egg-productions.org...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

Originally posted by Thebel
First: Free energy doesn't exist, you are talking about Perpetual motion Machine. That breaks laws of physics.
Second: You are wasting your time and money, no one has ever built "Free energy machine", only people who want take money from ignorant people have "invented" them.

Only wind and solar power go near "free energy", or geothermic if you are lucky.

Several people have tried to make PMM, all have failed. Those experiments work sometime, but finally they stop.

Read some thermodynamics first

Question. Who says the laws of physics are correct?
Who makes these rules?
Who manipulates the scientific community?
Who has suppressed Free energy technology?

Answer those questions and you'll figure it out.

There isn't conspiracy for everything. Have any amateurs ever created PMM? No of course.
Show me working PMM!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Question. Who says the laws of physics are correct? Who makes these rules? Who manipulates the scientific community? Who has suppressed Free energy technology? Answer those questions and you'll figure it out.

Seriously, you are going to argue with the laws of physics?

Who makes these rules? Nature does, and over a hundred years of science show the same basic set of rules every single time.

If you don't believe in the laws of physics you are a moron sorry, but you are.

If free enrgy is possible it will have to be within the laws of physics,
edit on 11-5-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

Show me working PMM!

Well here's something that seems fairly genuine imo.

But now we are getting off topic. I didn't want to make this into a debate about the plausibility of free energy machines. I simply want suggestions so I can try it myself and know for myself.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

There's a guy who uses Tesla's design to charge a mobile phone, but that's the most power he can draw.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Rather than atempt to discourage or discredit any one or their work, I would like to offer what little I can.

I must ask if you have seen this on youtube :www.youtube.com... ?

I have thought it might be interesting to use this as the sourse to the "Motionless Generator" shown
here : jnaudin.free.fr... .

There will, of course , be a good deal of work and imagination in volved to get them to work together.

The first of which will be to make the current from the circuit "pulse" so as to create a working magnetic
field in the control coil. After that it should be down hill, so to speak.

I would not say how much energy can be realized from such a system but you have to start somewhere.
It may take years but you will never know if you don't try. I assure you, if I had the time, resources, and
could keep a singular focus for any amount of time, I would do this project myself.

Best of luck.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The joule thief type circuit by Physicist Steven E. Jones is a good example of the type of thing I'm looking to create:

I did try for hours to build that circuit and finally I got it to work (light the LED). It's a very weird circuit and very touchy. It requires very precise resistors in the right place for it to work. I tried lots of different things but finally got it to work. However, upon measuring the power draw compared to the power out it didn't seem to be an over-unity circuit. Although when I tried building it I used rather small toroids. I've got some much bigger ones now and I might give them a go and see what happens.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by AzureSky

Question. Who says the laws of physics are correct? Who makes these rules? Who manipulates the scientific community? Who has suppressed Free energy technology? Answer those questions and you'll figure it out.

Seriously, you are going to argue with the laws of physics?

Who makes these rules? Nature does, and over a hundred years of science show the same basic set of rules every single time.

If you don't believe in the laws of physics you are a moron sorry, but you are.

If free enrgy is possible it will have to be within the laws of physics,
edit on 11-5-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

Number one: Obviously i believe in the laws of physics, We would not be here otherwise. What i am saying is that WE DO NOT have the full story. If you think our science is complete then you sir, are the moron.

Im saying the 'laws of physics' are missing a few laws, thinking we are all knowing humans in the area of science is just plain denial of logic. I do not refute the laws of physics are correct, merely that they are incomplete.
edit on 11/5/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

XL5

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

IMO try that one, if it doesn't work no matter what you do, try something else. Personally I would like to see what would happen if a high power UV laser diode was aimed straight up by a 90deg mirror with an aluminium coating and a wire attached to the mirror. Since strong UV ionizes the air, maybe you could tap some voltage from the ionosphere.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

First: Free energy doesn't exist, you are talking about Perpetual motion Machine. That breaks laws of physics.
Second: You are wasting your time and money, no one has ever built "Free energy machine", only people who want take money from ignorant people have "invented" them.

Only wind and solar power go near "free energy", or geothermic if you are lucky.

Several people have tried to make PMM, all have failed. Those experiments work sometime, but finally they stop.

Read some thermodynamics first

Question. Who says the laws of physics are correct?
Who makes these rules?
Who manipulates the scientific community?
Who has suppressed Free energy technology?

Answer those questions and you'll figure it out.

There isn't conspiracy for everything. Have any amateurs ever created PMM? No of course.
Show me working PMM!

PMM is not the topic of conversation at all. Free energy is. PMM doesn't work due to friction. If you eliminate friction then you can do it.

And yeah, PMM does exist. We revolve around the sun and the sun revolves around another solar system which revolves around the galactic center. That is perpetual motion. Seeing as how its constantly in motion. Watch the movie thrive, and start looking up big names in free energy from the last 60 years and you'll see that each and everyone one of them who have tried to go through the traditional scientific community to bring out free energy has been stopped at every turn by the government, the scientific community itself, or the media/corporations. Seriously. This is the biggest of all conspiracies. Who has the most to lose from free energy?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
I must ask if you have seen this on youtube :www.youtube.com...

No I haven't seen that video but a quick glance at her circuit indicates to me it is some sort of simple radiant energy harvester. That is to say, it harvests ambient electromagnetic energy. There's nothing special about it.
edit on 11-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
And i'm sorry OP, im derailing the thread.
I despise it when people are think that this little rock in our solar system knows everything there is to know about science. And then claim i am 'a moron', which is really not the case.

I'm planning on trying to build an electromagnetic engine that powers itself. Should be fun!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
oops just found this from nasa
ntrs.nasa.gov...
so if its good enough for them?????
edit on 11-5-2012 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by hdutton
I must ask if you have seen this on youtube :www.youtube.com...

No I haven't seen that video but a quick glance at her circuit indicates to me it is some sort of simple radiant energy harvester. That is to say, it harvests ambient electromagnetic energy. There's nothing special about it.

Do you know the first thing Christopher Columbus did when he decided to sail to India ???

He got a boat!

If at first you don't start, you don't get very far.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by butcherguy

Please... lets not get into the discussion of "it can't be done". That is not the topic of this thread.

Please, reread the first line of my post.....

I won't tell you that you are wasting your time, because there might be something out there yet to be found.

Also, I will be very pleased when you get a machine up and running, nothing would be better for mankind, IMHO.

So keep us informed, I am anxiously awaiting your success. I am completely serious.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I don't think when he says "free energy" he means "free" as in perpetual motion, etc....I think he means, a way to make energy for himself....at least that's how it sounded to me.

I always wanted to live next to a creek or river and make my own hydro turbine. All you need is a generator and a water wheel. I also have considered wind turbines.

It's not rocket science folks. The biggest thing will be to get a transformer to step up or step down the voltage and amps. Not an electrician but my wife's family are and they say it's not a big deal at all to produce enough energy to run a single houshold....

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by stuthealien
oops just found this from nasa
ntrs.nasa.gov...
so if its good enough for them?????
edit on 11-5-2012 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)
It is solar energy that they are talking about there.
It has been used since the first cold-blooded creatures started sunning themselves on rocks.

We haven't progressed far enough on a technological scale to power our big trucks and airliners with solar power. It would be nice, but there is always that problem of the sun going down every evening.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I am completely serious.

I'm sure you are.

Seriously though, I doubt anything I discover will make the slightest of difference to this world. Anything I build will most likely already have been built by multiple people. And there are already large organizations and even professional research institutions working on the problem of free energy. Little ole me wont change a thing if all those people can't. I'm really only doing this so I can know for myself and share my findings. I don't intend to start a company and sell free energy generators. That's a death wish if you ask me.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I was serious and I still am.

Seriously though, I doubt anything I discover will make the slightest of difference to this world.

This would be the very first obstacle to your success, and it is a big one. Don't doubt, go out there and do it.
Still serious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join