It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to build a free energy generator! Suggestions?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Then you do realize what it is you are suggesting?

I recently built a resistor cabinet just for standard 5% 1/4 watt values. Between the standard values (1.0, 1.2, 1.5, 1.8, 2.2, 2.7, 3.3, 3.9, 4.7, 5.6, 6.8, 7.5, 8.2, 9.1) and the more common ranges (10-100, 100-1K, 1K-10K, 10K-100K, 100K-1M), that's 70 drawers. And that excludes the current-sense and high-resistance ranges. It also excludes 1/8W (which I rarely use; the cost difference is minimal and the size difference is not critical for prototyping), 1/2W, and of course all the 1% standard sizes.

I find it rather difficult to believe you have even one of all the different devices that are available, but at this point I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

No, I didn't claim I have every type available. I simply said I had a whole bunch of different types.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DudeCuda

I've considered similar things in the past relating to the breakdown of water, spoke to a chemist friend of mine to length many times in the past. All theoretical of course, just a novel topic we liked to toss back and forth. If I remember correctly, the biggest issue was trying to contain the energy from the breakdown of water.
edit on 12-5-2012 by DudeCuda because: (no reason given)

So their is a reaction that occures when the water thermally breaks down? That would change things some. But their is so little info on this subject. Their isn't a big reaction from electrolysis. That's really all i had to go on.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
OP you need a sponsor or a big grant. No reason you should have to put your own money to this, and you deserve to be compensated for your time reasonably.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

LOL This use of water pressure was actually discovered in the 1500’s DUH…….. Test it yourself before you spout off. I have seen it in person. It works fine. You can also google it. This method was also used by early miners here is the U.S. by stepping pipe diameters down from large to small / water hose, for strip mining river banks.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Check this bad boy out.

Next phase is to mount it.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Wow, CO, I admire your tenacity. Read all 13 pages, whew. Watched nary a video that was posted. I've been researching the whole topic of free energy for years, and if I didn't happen to catch this off the main page, I may have missed it entirely. (Guess I will have to fav the S&T forum as well.!)

Here's some hurdles to overcome:

Friction. The VGATE design is interesting, but has two major flaws. The heat caused by friction will shorten bearing life immensely. The other flaw is a lack of torque to drive any output mechanism/clutch. It functions, but is simple not feasible due to it's highly mechanical nature. Parts wear out.

Outdated Paradigms: We're taught at a very early age that that thingy on the wall is a "No-No". I just had to stick a knife in one when I was a toddler. Of course I got zapped. Then we go to school, and are taught courses in physics, electricity, mathematics, and the rest, utilizing the same thoughts of the previous generations, that AC current is the standard in every household, that the infrastructure is in place. We accept the "flow" of electricity theories, and learn that the world around us functions on either AC or DC current. We, as humans, build devices that utilize the flow of those two forms of "flow". We've down nothing except control the flow of electrons, our very cell phones a continuously flowing mass of tiny electrons, flowing in sequence, very quickly.

New Components: Batteries are a good source of current, but are chemical in nature, and need "recharged", (However misleading that statement maybe, it's actually chemical processes that are breaking down, and producing electrons until the chemicals are depleted.) by another current source. Everyone should know that all AC current is generated by electromagnetism, with a power source that drives huge generators, and it's piped into a worldwide powergrid from many different spots from around the globe. Do you want your FEG to produce AC or DC, or a different type of energy altogether? I fear the components you need haven't been created yet, but could it be feasible to build macroscale versions of such a component? While we continue to operate on the electron scale, I believe, perhaps, that attaining energy from below that level is going to require assembling devices that focus on drawing energy from that level.

I have a few ideas for ZPE generators, mostly theory, but this post is getting rather lengthy.

ETA: Ok, just watched the vid of phase 1. Interesting. Tape? Won't that throw out calibration once it starts spinning? Will wait and see. Glue gun seems a better choice.
edit on 5/12/12 by Druid42 because: added ETA.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
you need to be looking towards electromagnetism instead of earth magnets alone, they will never have the power to generate substantial power on their own. Now introduce a Electromagnetic device that is parasitic off its power generation and create a perpetual motion device and your getting a bit closer, the next step is using less energy to run the device then its generating, think high rpm.. powered

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thanks for tuning in, and thanks for the advice on the V-Gate. I know it needs to be extremely smooth running, and I'm using parts that should function for a very long time before they wear out. That metal thing you see attached to the bottom is really smooth turning, and I've put it through hell yet it continues to turn smooth as butter. I can't really remember what I pulled that thing out of, but I'm glad I kept it. It works perfectly in this case.

I also see what you mean about other energy types, but I don't think there's much we can do about that for now.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hi Aim!

Long time....

Originally posted by Aim64C
I'll put it to you pretty straight, Chaotic:

You will waste time and money pursuing pretty much any idea that claims you can make an over-unity device out of a box of electronic components.

Not without a a theory as to why it should be possible and what you need to try do to make it achieve the 'impossible'!

Think about it a minute. Oil and energy companies are investing and funding, in absolutely massive amounts, renewable energy sources (such as solar, wind, hydro, etc). They are investing into the very things people on these sites claim "big oil" is trying to suppress and keep out of the market.

What i have seen claimed , and agree with, is that corporations driven by a profit motive will logically pursue a monopoly in the interest of raising profits once achieved. As far as i am concerned such intensely resource heavy energy investment projects are still in their way monopolies as they exclude the possibility of significant private ownership.

What big oil and others mainly seem to be investing in is , if with perhaps much reduced profit margins, keeping themselves established as a primary and, more importantly, mostly irreplaceable supplier of our energy needs.

Why would they spend money on such complex and immature technologies if they could, with a box of used electronic components, create a device that simply breathed energy... and get the same thing for so much less and with far fewer drawbacks (no cloudy days to worry about, droughts, lack of wind, etc)?

Because perhaps they do not believe that patent rights or government intervention and protection would allow them the type monopoly on these devices by which they could continue to extract significant profits? If your competition needs to spend the same amount of resources you do to build a hydro electric product you are still in the same boat but if your competition suddenly includes everyone that has say a few hundred or few thousand dollars to make their homes/small businesses energy independent for some extended period of time where does that leave you?

I would encourage that you, first, build known, functional devices/circuits that generate power in more conventional methods. That way you get some experience working with electronics. Later - as you learn more, and are more sure-footed in your ability to turn a schematic into circuitry - then you can pursue "free energy" machines that pique your interest.

Absolutely. Also focus your research on the question that physicist/electrodynamicists have posed in the past and where it all led. Even without knowing much anything about this field i think i have seen some 'facts&laws' that are not and may very well serve as explanation for why some over unity devices work.

A little experience would help you spot the blatant nonsense for what it is, and allow you to sift through to find the ones that have some kind of potential at... if nothing else... being an interesting voltage transformer.

A electrical engineer friend of mine has taken a cursory look at the book he ordered for me before calling it 'interesting' and going right back to earning ridiculous amounts of money for doing things as everyone else is doing them... I most certainly do not blame him for pursuing the due reward for his hard work and don't expect him to undermine his own income by messing around with alternative ideas or theories!

Either way unless whoever is trying to 'sell' you his over unity device can at least point to a logical 'seeming' place in our current knowledge of EM theory where his theories/beliefs diverge you should perhaps be moving on unless you want to contribute to centuries of apparent dead ends!

Stellar

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

but I don't think there's much we can do about that for now.

I wonder why not? If you desire to build such a thing, you'll have to think outside the box. There'll be no reason to have to hook it into the grid, or to have a battery to power it, if it truly creates it's own energy. The trick will be to convert the energy it produces into a USABLE form. We have the whole history of human knowledge at the tips of our fingertips, and yet there's not one sharp tool in the shed? C'mon, I have a harder time believing that than whether or not FEG are possible or not. I've read enough about what doesn't work. The trick will be to throw away all the theories that don't work, after gleaning the useful parts, and create a new one. Back to basics, before the AC infrastructure was in place.

edit on 5/12/12 by Druid42 because: typo

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

The trick will be to convert the energy it produces into a USABLE form.

Well that's basically my goal with the V-Gate. Hopefully I'll be able to convert the energy from the magnetic forces into electricity. And it wont need to be plugged into any type of power source.

Anyway folks, I think it's time I got some more sleep. It's getting quite late where I am once again. Actually it's almost morning.

I'll be back as soon as possible.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I guess you are always that sweet to everybody, calling them morons and full of air?
How sweet of you!
I didnt say anything about death and I presume you didnt see my quotation marks.
People should be more open minded, so lighten up my friend...for you!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Free Energy?reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Well there are those who are physicists that say no energy is free in that they mean in some fashion or form we lose something intrinsic in value with the use of 'free energy'. The physicists say that our collective DNA creates the gravity here on this planet and that the use of energy from the planet can effect our ability to create bliss once natural death is experienced. Meaning that we won't be able to escalate to the next portion of the our galactic existence. I cannot say either which way but I like the notion of faith and science as a balance....Just a thought

-Invisible Crown-

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hi mate, spent a bit of time on this one myself some time back. There has been an over unity device around for yonks. It's an airconditioner and gets out a lot more energy than is put in; however making practical use of it is the trick. I'll leave that to you.

en.wikipedia.org...

When used for heating a building on a mild day of say 10 °C, a typical air-source heat pump has a COP of 3 to 4, whereas a typical electric resistance heater has a COP of 1.0. That is, one joule of electrical energy will cause a resistance heater to produce one joule of useful heat, while under ideal conditions, one joule of electrical energy can cause a heat pump to move much more than one joule of heat from a cooler place to a warmer place.

I'm working on neutrino - anti-neutrino flux creation and maintenance. My work says the an acceleration should occur in the direction of the neutrino relative to the anti. Nor are the conservation laws violated. Something you likely don't want to think about just yet. But I guarantee if you keep working seriously toward the goal, eventually you'll understand physics. The answer to our collective financial problems is the creation of a viable gravitronics industry. This is my aim. Good luck.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by samkent

Well take a look at the video on page 2. Steven shows results from a professional quality Tektronix scope, and he knows what he is doing. It's unlikely he would measure it wrong. BTW, we are dealing with a DC power supply in this circuit, all I'm doing is measuring the voltage and amps going in, which gives me the watts. Then I am doing the same thing for the power going out. And there is a small over-unity factor from what I can tell.
edit on 11-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: spelling

You obviously don't understand that Volt and Amps only equal watts in a PURE resistive circuit, with the caps and inductor coils you have in their you get and RLC circuit where your Amps and Volts equal your "Apparent" power or Spower and not Wattpower.

DO you Deny this?

(taking a line from your book by putting people on the defensive with the deny part.)

P.S. Your joule thief circuit

Bravo you just made a boost converter.
edit on 12-5-2012 by GhettoRice because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Six6Six

You bought a whole pile of electronics and magnets you say but have ZERO ideas or plans on what to build...BUT you think you have what you NEED?

Im crying with laughter here......you want free energy from something simple to build???

Try building a Wind generator or Fan......hahaha....peed myself a little!!

Wow how charming you are, with all the peeing and stuff.

Of course I had a few ideas, but I wanted to hear some suggestions from ATS before I began to attempt anything. And I didn't just buy a bunch of electronic components so I could build a free energy device, I build all types of circuits in my free time. I just figured it would be fun to try building an over-unity device. Since that makes you so hysterical I suggest you avoid this thread.

edit on 12-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

What you are after is an impossibility without advanced knowledge.

I was laughing at how some people express a desire without any due thought or really considering what it entails.

If it were so simple you would be in a bit of trouble. Check your local laws THOROUGHLY and you will find that any attempt to build such a device MAY be illegal.

Also, you DO NOT have the capabilities anyway otherwise you would not be on here asking for help, and you would have a sound plan in mind. The obvious danger is when idiots get together thinking their part time hobbies can be used in a practical sense. I am laughing because you like so many are SO unprepared in every arena. Yet you come on a forum and declare you have bought electronic supplies and magnet thinking you are good to go.

I meant no offense just it just takes more knowledge than you will find here on this board and what you obviously have inside your own head.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by StayAlert1

LOL This use of water pressure was actually discovered in the 1500’s DUH…….. Test it yourself before you spout off. I have seen it in person. It works fine. You can also google it. This method was also used by early miners here is the U.S. by stepping pipe diameters down from large to small / water hose, for strip mining river banks.
You are correct that the Hydraulic Ram has been in use for a long time.
It still relies on gravity to work, and if you read up, you will find that a hydraulic ram will stop pumping if you use the water that it pumps to operate it. TNSTAAFL.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

reply to post by butcherguy

Please... lets not get into the discussion of "it can't be done". That is not the topic of this thread.

I will not tell you that it has not been done, I will tell you that when or if it is done, the work has a way of being ....concealed away.
To my limited knowledge the best option is wind or solar.
Zero point is just waaaay beyond my pay grade.
I will say you might have gone about this all wrong, getting a bunch of materials together and then looking for an idea.
I would have researched and then bought materials that were suited for the task at hand.
In any case, good luck to you as I am sure that there is a way to do it, Tesla was onto something before he got shut down...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

But you need 1 liter of heavy water (D2O not H2O), a 1 foot long Platinum rod 1" in dia. , 1 foot copper rod (1" dia.) , a 12 volt car battery, wires leading to each rod from the battery , liD(lithium deuteride) and a steam-driven turbine-replace your house back-up power generator with a steam engine with water filled boiler. Shunt wires back to the battery to keep it eternally charged. Dissolve 100 grams of Lithium deuteride (which facilitates the current floe through the D2O) . Put 12 volts through the rods( for several minutes and cut the battery power) ,which are standing apart from each other as much as possible and a hot bright light appears at the Platinum electrode(rod). This is where I get lost: I think the Pt (Platinum) rod gets extremely hot and you don't have to apply any house electricity or battery since the Reaction goes by itself forever since the Deuterium is absorbed into the Pt. Take the perpetually hot bright rod and insert it into the steam engine boiler and you got free electricity for your house and can disconnect from the Grid and never pay an electric/heating bill again. Watch out for the boiling 1 liter of D2O as it will boil away and leave a crust of caustic Lithium you have to scrape from the Pt rod. Depending on Copper, Nickel or other metal rods usd with the Pt you can scrape gold off the Pt rod during maintenance after a year of operation.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join