It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your views on the show Ghost adventures

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Another great show from a few years ago was on Discovery called "A Haunting." It was a show done in recreation & dramatization told from the people's experiences. Most of the stories from that show were more demonic than simple hauntings & spirits. That's one thing that really scares me more so than simple spirits is demonic entities & attacks. I hope I never experience a demonic entitiy!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hossway17
reply to post by doodles40

i'm sure you could experience sumthn in flander's fields

Where's that?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje
reply to post by XTTIOTX

Yeah, I could never understand why none of them do day investigations either. I do.

Not trying to be a smartass or anything but I think they did do 1 or 2 day time lock ins on the show.

I think in one episode he does say they don't usually do day time lock ins because most of the places are tourist attractions so you can't exactly do a lock in with heaps of people around being noisy and stuff otherwise there would be no point, all their evidence would be discounted as background noise from people visiting.

BUT.... in saying that it's also most likely to enhance the entertainment factor and make it more spooky

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

ha... i dunno why i thought you said you were from belgium... my eyes are playing tricks on me... wtf....

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yeah the show seems legit. I like how they don't have a huge crew with them. I wont lie though, I love me some Ghost Hunters! The first episode of GA with the flying brick is pretty messed up! Also the one where Zack gets"possessed" was pretty freaky. All in all a great show!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hossway17

ha... i dunno why i thought you said you were from belgium... my eyes are playing tricks on me... wtf....

Hahaha yeah I searched it up and though huh? Is he saying there's a place with the same name in NZ?

It's algood man

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Yeah I've seen this show probably one of the best paranormal investigation shows I've ever seen

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have watched up to season 6 (stopped there) and enjoyed the first few seasons.

Although i have little to no respect for their techniques.

It is a disservice to those who wish to follow suit.

I also scoff at some of their interpretations of thier EVP's, not to say that there wasn't anything there, but that they are hearing what they want to hear.

I feel that Nick is the "creative" one, he sets off alarm bells, I have a feeling that Aaron is just a stooge, being dragged along as a sort of pack mule. Watch the episodes and watch Nicks interactions with the other GAC members. Something very narcissistic about him, and thats saying alot when you compare him to Zakk.

Some very good shots in certain episodes, but I dislike the whole "Demonic" ideal that they instill.

If they chose to believe something is "demonic" then thats what they will interpret it as. We create our world with our mind and experience, Perception is subjective and people need to know that.

I stopped watching at season 6 because the investigations seemed half assed, more than one location a night, and no real conclusion to their findings.

As was suggested in another post, they should do a full investigation into one area, control the environment,and document their findings. It just seems a tad redundant to have actors, who no doubt signed liability waivers, go out to locations that are hazardous, fumbling around in the dark. If anything were ever to happen to them, The Travel channel would be liable.

Now I am not saying that its BS, but it does smell a little funny!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I love Ghost Adventures. I think it's a little over dramatic but aside from that it's a highly enjoyable show. There's a marathon coming on tonight which I can't wait for!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

I have to say I've seen every single episode! I say I do it for my kids but honestly...I had a little crush on Zak but now love them all equally. I will continue to watch and enjoy!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kayt45

Haha all the ladies love Zak. When I first discovered the show I didn't like him at all, but he grew on me. Now I'm quite fond of them all and they feel like friends. LoL

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread839369/pg6#pid14265887]post by TopherWayne[/

It's so true! They do feel like old friends! They've been to some crazy places and seen some wild things. I would love to join them on one of their "adventures"!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Zac and Nic are old time friends. They met in college i believe and always wanted to do the ghost hunting thing since they met. Aaron was just some guy from the same area the college was in that agreed to go on the first ghost adventured documentary as a camera man. He wasn't too into it and left in the middle of the first documentary filming. He came back once the show got sold to the networks.

They are like a family and I think all three of them are good friends now..

I enjoy the show. Even when they don't have anything conclusive because it's a enjoyable format to put a ghost investigation show in. Better than ghost hunters which has too much internal drama for me.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I agree so much! Ghost Adventures has a much happier feel to it, and I know people complain about the reactions the boys have but that adds to the fun. I love watching Aaron get freaked and Zak get happy when they catch something. Nic always seems more serious and contemplative, which is a good balance to the emotional level of the other two. It's fun to know I am not the only one enjoying them!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yeah their responses seem natural. When watching the show it's as if im hanging with my friends while looking for ghosts. It feels welcoming and comforting somehow. Plus it's great to see their banter. They come across much more laid back and appear to be friendly with both their fans and the owners of the properties they investigate. Good combo.

Even when the show is about sadder locations it still has the GAC presence that keeps the program in a better energy. Also, Zac seems especially concerned about the people who have had horrible or sad deaths, which I like. It humanizes the whole episode and show.

Also, i like when he's dealing with murderers and other scumbags that died he really gives it to them and tells them what rotten jerks they are.

Zac for being a tough guy has some surprising human weaknesses and faults. Also a nice facet to the show.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

Haha yeah same here at first I thought Zac seemed like he was trying too hard to be cool but he kinda chilled more further in.

I've still only seen the first 2 seasons, got to get my hands on the other 4

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I am ecstatic to report that I landed my dream job...I am a paranormal investigator. I go on my first investigation on Saturday at the Bellamy Mansion in Wilmington, NC. The best part is that I am getting paid to do this. Wilmington has an enormous haunted history and we'll never run out of work here (it is the home of the USS North Carolina, one of the most haunted ships in America). This has been a dream of mine since I was a child and saw Ghostbusters for the first time.

I went to high school with Amy Allen(The Dead Files on the Travel Channel) and we still keep in touch via facebook, if she's ever in my area, I hope that she'll come on an investigation with us. She is the real deal, I know that for a fact even though the show may seem over the top at some points. I had a shared experience with her when we were 15. I am so stoked!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Dam i'm so jealous! Congrats! I think you're living a lot of people on here's dreams.

Good luck with everything hope it all goes well

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

They started off with legitimate shows, IMO, and the analysis has been spot on but in recent times, it seems the quality of the show has dipped.

They seem to spend the 1st 1/2 of each show now just doing introductions and history of places before they delve into the investigation. I wish they would go back to the old formula and try to minimize the fluff and hype.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seagurt
I have watched up to season 6 (stopped there) and enjoyed the first few seasons.

Although i have little to no respect for their techniques.

It is a disservice to those who wish to follow suit.

I also scoff at some of their interpretations of thier EVP's, not to say that there wasn't anything there, but that they are hearing what they want to hear.

I feel that Nick is the "creative" one, he sets off alarm bells, I have a feeling that Aaron is just a stooge, being dragged along as a sort of pack mule. Watch the episodes and watch Nicks interactions with the other GAC members. Something very narcissistic about him, and thats saying alot when you compare him to Zakk.

Some very good shots in certain episodes, but I dislike the whole "Demonic" ideal that they instill.

If they chose to believe something is "demonic" then thats what they will interpret it as. We create our world with our mind and experience, Perception is subjective and people need to know that.

I stopped watching at season 6 because the investigations seemed half assed, more than one location a night, and no real conclusion to their findings.

As was suggested in another post, they should do a full investigation into one area, control the environment,and document their findings. It just seems a tad redundant to have actors, who no doubt signed liability waivers, go out to locations that are hazardous, fumbling around in the dark. If anything were ever to happen to them, The Travel channel would be liable.

Now I am not saying that its BS, but it does smell a little funny!

One of their episodes was filmed in my home town in a Hotel I know very well (I know the owners) and I admit the place has some interesting energy, there are many other local sites they could have chosen IMHO. They investigated a "shaft" (this is the Gold Country of California) they claim was off limits and inaccessible and inferred that it may contain the ghosts of Chinese immigrants...perhaps. But the so-called "shaft" is a service tunnel that the local town used to transport and store valuable commodities between business' securely in the 1800's and early 1900's. Only recently has the shaft been made inaccessible to the general public. We used to adventure in these tunnels when I was younger. Also there is an episode based in Old Sacramento where the focus also lies on "tunnels" underneath the city. There are no tunnels underneath the city of Sacramento near the site they filmed that show. There are "basements" created when buildings were lifted after multiple floods in the 1800's. None of these basements are connected. The spooky recordings they made and voices they heard under supposedly haunted shops could have quite easily come from the fact that wooden external sidewalks are also directly above the underground areas. The business that they had the park ranger give them access to WAS closed for the night. The 10+ local bars however, were NOT. I took the underground tour of Old Sacramento this past Mother's Day, I was guided by the same young tour guide they speak with in the program. She has worked for the parks for several years and has experienced nothing unusual herself and has only had minimal reports of minor spooky happenings. And she said the producer mentioned quite clearly, "if nothing happens here, post production can fix that". She also added, Zakk was an egotistical a**.
In her words "if you asked him for directions, he'd assume you wanted his autograph"

His wardrobe entertains me more than the show, I do watch the show occasionally, I'm easily entertained.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join