It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA launches massive hunt for a mole within its ranks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

rt.com

According to sources speaking with Agence France-Presse on condition of anonymity, Clapper has ordered an internal review of 16 intelligence agencies linked with the US CIA.

"It's an inquiry into whether or not there were any unauthorized disclosures of classified information," the senior intelligence official tells AFP.

-The Associated Press has also confirmed the probe by way of a source also left unnamed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I hope this isn't what it is, does a media group need to activate internal reviews ?

I was under the impression that internal reviews were constant and even after retirement they continue to do so until their natural life cycle.

The AP notes that, if the reportedly new investigation involving a CIA mole can be confirmed, it will mark at least the seventh criminal case launched by the Obama administration involving the leaking of classified documents — something the president insisted on ending while running for office by offering protection for whistleblowers.

rt.com

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Oh for the love of God. The mole is up the street and around the corner. He's in a big white house with a huge lawn and a giant fountain out-front. I hear the place leaks like a strainer holding pasta. They need look no further.

(Prepares consulting bill for CIA)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
well at least that gives them something to do
for the next 10 yrs
besides more ongoing classified terror

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
What was leaked? That the underwear bomber was actually CIA?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

rt.com

According to sources speaking with Agence France-Presse on condition of anonymity, Clapper has ordered an internal review of 16 intelligence agencies linked with the US CIA.

"It's an inquiry into whether or not there were any unauthorized disclosures of classified information," the senior intelligence official tells AFP.

-The Associated Press has also confirmed the probe by way of a source also left unnamed.

too funny!
edit on 11-5-2012 by infowarrior9970 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2012 by infowarrior9970 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

rt.com

yeeeeah..

lets put this on the front page.......shall we.

LMAO....OMG there's a mole in the CIA~! .. hmmm.. yea.. they've been there for DECADES ~!!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Connman

Nope, thats was deliberate
, I bet its the prostitute scandal in the Columbia.
Cheap agents, they not even bother to pay the pros after the service, what a jerk. Even the pros hate them.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
>snipped..not relevant

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by infowarrior9970

Exactly! its...

As in Sun Tzu's The Art Of War, the most valuable AGENTS are actually "DOUBLE AGENTS". So sad Obama'nation doesn't USE them effectively.
edit on 5/11/2012 by reitze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Connman

I think it was that the underwear bomber was Mi6.

edit on 11-5-2012 by android because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Wow!

You mean there is actually an American Patriot in the CIA? Well I never.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I want to clear something up, this agent was not CIA. He was a British national who was put into AQAP by Saudi intelligence who was cooperating with the Americans. An asset inside Al-Qa’ida like this is a highly valued source and was probably being sheared between SIS and the CIA but was being controlled by Al Mukhabrarat al A’amah or possible the SIS. Omar Nasri is a former asset inside violent Islamic extremist groups who wrote a book about his time in his book “inside the Jihad” he talks about how he was sheared between French, British and American intelligence. So this is not unheard of.

What is interesting is that this was leaked, it will be very interesting to see how it was leaked and why. I would not go as far to say the CIA have a mole who leaked this information as a mole inside the CIA is a valued asset to whoever is controlling them. Rather I would say that this was deliberately leaked by the CIA and the investigation will aim to look at why and who give authorization to do so. This whole thing seems very complex.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
"According to sources speaking with Agence France-Presse on condition of anonymity, Clapper has ordered an internal review of 16 intelligence agencies linked with the US CIA."

"The Associated Press has also confirmed the probe by way of a source also left unnamed."

The intelligence agencies are looking for a mole, but both AFP and AP have unnamed contacts in the CIA happily handing over stories about internal investigations? And that's fine?

Both AFP and AP are suspect imo. Their newswires always read like statements designed by western officials, rather than actual investigative news reporting. Much of what they say gets printed verbatim in many newspapers. That must be a very desirable resource for authoritarian propagandists.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
No they are just looking for the snitch.You know the one that dobbed them in for the hooker scandal.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
So, the biggest covert organization is......should I continue ? This sounds unreal....

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
There is something mildly humorous about the idea that when the establishment speaks of "whistle-blower protection" it's really more like stating that a condom is a protection for children.

With the amount of politically engendered cooperation (we know what that means, don't we?) and the amount of 'store bought' intelligence services (foreign and international corporate contractors) it's a wonder they can keep anything from "leaking" at all.

Frankly, there are a few places in the intelligence community that know full well who they can actually rely upon for operational and administrative security. Most of those places are chock full of patriots... and they maintain the lowest profile possible. Because our so-called "allies" (as the political class calls them) are the worst offenders of damaging espionage against us, and always have been.

The insertion of the concept that this was a "whistle-blowing" event is far from trustworthy.... in my humble opinion.
edit on 11-5-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Wag the Dog..

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Totally agree and somehow feel that next week or possibly the following week we should have some finger pointing and arrests served as to the so called mole's. What is also amusing or should i say not surprising is that no such agency has been mentioned since we all know that on this level there is only but one outlet that over-rules all existing outlets and that hasn't been mentioned and obviously will never be linked to events of this caliber.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

As far as who's been doing what, i am certain that emails that date back to and prior to 911 might or have been reviewed for obvious reasons and yes, that also does include social accounts and public email accounts. I obviously do need to mention cell phones or dummy phones as the herds have so happily embraced them like a god sent gift from the heavens only to find out that its their worst possible nightmare that they gladly paid for and smiled while they handed over their hard earned money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join