It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End Is Near 1080p

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Came across this image in a thread the other day and felt drawn to it. I searched for a bit online and couldn't find a 1080 version customized to fit or not for my wallpaper. So credits to the original designer and here is their design.

Here is my extended 1080p version for anyone who wants to use it as a wallpaper. I added what I felt would look closer to the end, war and what not. Just my flavour

The 1080p Version

Preview resized for the forum:

edit on 10-5-2012 by Strainz because: Fixed link again.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Wow amazing photos. Good work my friend.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Strainz

your version lost the quality of the Stars and planets...BOO

do it again and try to get the Cosmos better..

IMHO

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Strainz

I like yours - the sky looks more ominous and the man looks smaller and more fragile. Thanks for sharing!
edit on 10-5-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Pretty nice work taking an original photo, and expanding on the original idea. I agree with the (second previous poster) that the loss in detail of the cosmos and the washed out or 'night-vision' color are somewhat disappointing, but that's not to say I could have done better myself. Overall I am very impressed with what you have done here. Both images are fantastic, and the idea that someone like you found an image that didn't meet their expectations, would spend the time and effort to expand upon the original image, makes my sides split with laughter, but in a good way! I like what you have done, the new image is completely screen saver ready.

ETA: Previous Poster to Second Previous Poster. Oopps I took too long, lol.
edit on 11-5-2012 by IntegratedInstigator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about JPEG and its notorious loss of quality conundrum other than to share a few different horizons in place of the stars.

The Wall w/ Clouded Horizon
The Wall w/ Green Tinged Earth
The Wall w/ Explorers and Planets
The Wall w/ Galaxy
The Wall w/ Another Planet
The Wall w/ New Stars

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I think its pretty awesome! The original version has its qualities, too. But your version takes a different path which, as you intended, envisions a more realistic end of the world. And instead of having a very non realistic fantasy land of a cosmos, like the original, I like how you left it darker, like we don't know what lies ahead. We plunge into the darkness, exploring the unknown. I guess you could say the original is the family-friendly G Rated "feelgood" version of the end of the world that people will take their kids to.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Thanks
It's now my wallpaper

top topics

join