It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do so many people hate Australia?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well said,I was thinking the exact same thing.
I'm from Oz & I'm pretty sure I'd have noticed any "Aussie-haters' responding in the year I've been a member..
Maybe its the OP's aggression that's inciting similar responses.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

I personally don't hate Australia. However I have read several comments on ATS written by people from Australia who have expressed hate towards the United States where I live. Sooooo....I guess you get....what you give.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Have I been missing something? Where is all this Australia hate?

Exactly.

________________________________________________________________________________________
CrimsonKapital

One of your fellow countrymen/women seems to feel the same way. And even uses the same descriptions you use to expound on all the hatred here for Aussies. Sockpuppet much?

Check out a few of DaasKapital's threads. You'll get your answers.

Bottom line. I haven't witnessed all the animosity toward Aussies. And I've looked for it. All I've seen are a small handful of jerks that will bash anybody, Aussie or not.

On the other hand, if these threads keep popping up, some people have a tendency to live up to the things they are being accused of.
edit on 5/10/2012 by Klassified because: clarity and grammar

You should not be attacking daaskapital. I agree with him on most stuff and I agree with the OP.

I have had many instances where people make stupid jokes about the Australian treatment of Aboriginals. I find it infuriating. It is always from some ignorant American that knows nothing about Australia but they have obviously seen a fellow ignorant member use the ludicrous claim that Australians mistreat Aboriginals. Australia is awesome so the aboriginal stuff is the only thing they can think of to parrot against us.

I even read a thread that claimed Australians are commiting gonocide on aboriginals right now. The guy seemed to think aboriginals are still running around with spears or something.

If you people only knew what the Australian Government has done and continues to do to 'bridge the gap'. Billions and billions are spent on aboriginals. There is so much affirmative action going on it makes me sick. Yet people claim aboriginals are mistreated Its stupid.

And again,why are you attacking dasskapital? Maybe you dont notice because you are not Australian. We notice. The American defense for everything is that we are 'anti-american' or the stupid aboriginal card is played. happens all the time so dont say it doesnt.
edit on 11-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

And they come with a place to carry your laptop too, That's if the Roo isn't with child

As far as gas mileage, I don't know how much gas they produce, I suppose that is based on what they eat.

edit on 11-5-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

With all due respect, maybe it's more to do with you and your attitude to other people than it is Australians in general?

I think this one hits the nail on the head. I have seen a few threads were you have been posting and this sounds pretty accurate to me.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Face it, you are just sick of living in the cold. Australia is warmer and that's why you like it.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

White Americans have a hell of alot more to answer for than any white Australian, I mean, look at American history past and present.

Perhaps the average American is jealous of our laid back lifestyle without barely a care in the world and when mother nature treats us to her brand of descipline the Australian people always band together to help each other in times of great need.....unlike the Americans - example: Hurricane Katrina !

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Havent read all the replies, so I may be alone in this but oh well.

9 out of 10 Aussies that Ive ever met, whether it be on ATS, Xbox Live or any other gaming network have been loudmouthed, arrogant, American Hating asses and I personally cant stand them,
I can say the same for most of the people that I meet from the UK as well.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Perhaps the common denominator isn't people from either Australia or the UK but maybe it's you?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

If you have issues with 90% of a populace like you say you have then it is a good bet it is you that actually has the problem.

Did you ever consider this?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I'm a native american. Give me my land back. Happy now?
Keep rocking those stereotypes.

Cherokee Nation says hello.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

I am not an "oldtimer" here. But I have been around for quite some time now. I have seen a lot less "attacks" on Australians than I have gays and women. You don't come near these two groups. Try being a moderator here for a while, and reading all the threads and snide comments made about you, and toward you. Try being openly christian on a site that is by and far atheist and agnostic.

So what's my point? My point is, there are haters where ever you go in life my fellow human being. If I made a thread about all the insulting and derogatory remarks made toward Americans here, I may as well just quit now. Why can't you, the OP, and DaasKapital, realize these people are idiots, and they are a minority on this site?

At the same time, if you and others provoke this kind of behavior, don't be surprised when it comes back to bite you. I'm not saying YOU are. But I have seen those who think it's OK to make insulting remarks, but they cry when those remarks are met with resistance.

And yes, I do suspect a sockpuppet here. DaasKapital, CrimsonKapital. Complaining about the same things in the same way. Or maybe you are all friends having a go at the stupid Americans expense. Whatever.

Grow up. And thicken that skin a little bit. And if things get out of hand, use the alert button. It's on every page. We have a good staff here.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I live here in Australia,we have aboriginal's?
I know ABBA toured here one but if the were the oringinals I don't know

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Perhaps the common denominator isn't people from either Australia or the UK but maybe it's you?

Doubt it, since I dont seem to have a problem with pretty much all other Nationalities, its only those two. Also, when I say UK, let me excuse the Scots, since pretty much every Scot Ive met were pretty cool
So, I have to conclude that it is in fact, you guys that have the problem and not me.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Why can't you, the OP, and DaasKapital, realize these people are idiots, and they are a minority on this site?

I agree,they are an idiot minority. It does happen though.

And I did alert a post recently that made the Australia mistreats Aboriginals claim. I asked the guy to remove it first but he refused so I alerted the mods. Then the guy sends me a message insulting me saying it was just a joke. I guess I dont think its a funny joke because I think the Australian Government does far too much for Aboriginals. To say they are mistreated is insane. It gets under my skin.

Im not saying its on par with ant-chinese or anti-iran or anti-North Korea,but it does happen often.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Well it's something to consider.

And perhaps instead of 'meeting' all these Brits....oops, sorry, English and Aussies on "ATS, Xbox Live or any other gaming network" maybe you should get out a bit more and meet some in 'real' life.

Personally I think our biggest fault is that we don't think the universe revolves around the USA - we're a silly bunch I know and hang on to these old fashioned notions as long as we can.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well, unfortunately there arent to many of you guys in South Texas to meet and even if I did have a passport, I dont have the funds to visit either of those two countries.
Maybe some day though, who knows.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I really do hope you get the chance to meet more in real live, We are not all ( well this is auzzies im taklin bout) horrible & full of hate. We are actually very much like you. Human

The :English, well thats another story

edit on 11-5-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

I should add ^ this is what we call a 'dig' at someone, a joke. Maybe other countries dont get our humour, this could be a huge problem for us if taken seriously
edit on 11-5-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I think you're absolutly right. I believe a lot of people confuse the people of a certain country with their leaders as well. Let's take the US for instance. I don't know about the southerners but the ones living in the north of the US are practicly the same as Canadians...from my experience of course. But I hate your leaders.
I hate my own as well don't worry. I wouldn't want Mr. Harper to feel left out now would we.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

Definately common traits in most Brits and Aussies, the ability to see humour in any given situation and the ability to extract the urine out of both other's and ourselves without intending or feeling offence.....an asset that seems sadly lacking in many.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join